• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Xur please just have Alpha Lupi for Hunter. Please, either the real item or the upgrade.

Also does any other gaffer have Bad Juju bounty and want to farm low level weeklys with me so we can hit 25 strikes?

Deku Tree

Hey, I am in no way saying that Red Death should be sold before G'horn. Just pointing out that it has been awhile and not since the buff so that's why people may be asking for it.

It can also be semi-useful during the Crota encounter since it regens health.

Edit: Also Truth has been sold three times :p

People can use a Suro's instead...

For Crota people should either be using an Icebreaker or a Truth/Ghorn in their exotic slot IMO. If they don't have either then maybe use a Suro's or a Red Death if you have those for the health regen. The people I play with never have a problem with the lack of health regen though.

jadedm17

Yes and two times is the most second most any exotic weapon has ever been sold so far. Gjallarhorn has only been sold once and only in week 2 when people didn't really understand it's power yet.
Or more like we're taking it slow, enjoying the ride and still leveling up: I didn't start earning strange coins until week 3, couldn't afford anything until 4. If I had the chance I would have bought it on excitement of having no exotics at the time.

You gotta do most of the crucible bounties every day. Then it doesn't take that long really.

I will try doing that. Just frustrating doing crucible while chasing bounties. Guess I'll just have to be patient. Hopefully I'll get the Rapier before house of wolves is out

Personally I hope Xur will be selling hard light. Just to complete my exptic collection :3

I'll take an upgrade please. Been wanting to level that thing up. It's a lot of fun since they buffed it

Coconut

Banned
Xur please just have Alpha Lupi for Hunter. Please, either the real item or the upgrade.

Also does any other gaffer have Bad Juju bounty and want to farm low level weeklys with me so we can hit 25 strikes?

It's a better deal to do ROC since you'll be leveling your cryptrep with the engram drops.

joecanada

can you put the xur engine upgrades on the VOG sparrow? Because xur never sells anything good I'm thinking its coin blowing time

how awesome is that thing , turbo , shakes, explodes .....

Deku Tree

Or more like we're taking it slow, enjoying the ride and still leveling up: I didn't start earning strange coins until week 3, couldn't afford anything until 4. If I had the chance I would have bought it on excitement of having no exotics at the time.

That was exactly what I was doing actually. Had a big work thing going on and not much time to play Destiny right away. Missed out on GHorn.

can you put the xur engine upgrades on the VOG sparrow? Because xur never sells anything good I'm thinking its coin blowing time

how awesome is that thing , turbo , shakes, explodes .....

I think it's only the rare ones that you buy from crucible/vanguard quartermasters.

SAiLO

1. Start the party chat app on the Vita outside of remote play. Make sure your friends are already in a party or create one for them.

2. When you start remote play, it kills the Wifi connection in order to search for the best one, this disconnects you from your party. Watch for the wifi symbol to disappear and then reappear.

3. Once the wifi connection has reappeared, suspend the app with the remote play button.

4. Go back to the party app and you will have to reconnect to PSN, then find your party and reconnect. Do this as quick as you can.

5. Go and resume the remote play app and it won't cut you off from your party. You can now talk to them over remote play.

6. ???

7. Profit.

Spread the word. No one knows about this.
I really have to test this.

LTWood12

Do you think there's any chance Xur ever sells Icebreaker again? I sort of wonder if they removed it from his list of sellable weapons.

At this point, all I am missing is Thunderlord. Would love to see that sold.

I mean, I don't have Universal Remote. But I wouldn't say I'm missing it.

hydruxo

That was exactly what I was doing actually. Had a big work thing going on and not much time to play Destiny right away. Missed out on GHorn.

I think most people just didn't even know how good Ghorn was when Xur sold it. The game had barely been out at that point, we didn't know how OP wolfpack rounds were. I know I passed on it at the time and to this day I wish I had just bought it anyways :/

Deku Tree

I think most people just didn't even know how good Ghorn was when Xur sold it. The game had barely been out at that point, we didn't know how OP wolfpack rounds were. I know I passed on it at the time and to this day I wish I had just bought it anyways :/

I am now an Exotic Hoarder. I have so many strange coins and less and less to buy. If Xur is selling an Exotic that I don't have I just buy it.

Personally I hope Xur will be selling hard light. Just to complete my exptic collection :3

One of three that I'm currently missing as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see yet another Dark Below exotic, though. Actually, that's not possible is it? Dark Below only has 4 exotics, with 1 of them coming from Crota and another being PS exclusive.

I am now an Exotic Hoarder. I have so many strange coins and less and less to buy. If Xur is selling an Exotic that I don't have I just buy it.

I was doing this before the expansion. I bought those Titan gloves and I almost regret it. Thankfully the collector in me is more dominant than the second guesser.

eww i wouldn't even waste the glimmer. may as well just roll with "for the people" or venation and not waste the exotic spot ... or any good primary purple, there is a list of about 20 that are better.

It's a lot better since they made it more stable. It's a fun weapon to use while doing low level stuff. Keeps things fresh i guess

LTWood12

Put me in that category. I remember thinking 'ugh, why would I waste my exotic slot on a heavy?'

Then got two in three days the first week of TDB. Been cursed ever since though.

I really have to test this.
It works great, ask GDT. He has to hear me answer my office phone every Tuesday morning when I remote play the Nightfalls with him.

I made a jpg that I can post whenever people say "On a Vita, no mic."

gZgrGNg.jpg

At this point, all I am missing is Thunderlord. Would love to see that sold.

I mean, I don't have Universal Remote. But I wouldn't say I'm missing it.

I can't believe he hasn't sold this yet. I got one months ago, and had another drop 2 weeks ago. My guess is that it's thunderlord this weekend, but if it's universal remote I'd be pretty salty. Need a good one after the past few weeks of disappointment.

TP-DK

I skipped Out on it cause rocket launcher :-/

I got Gjallarhorn from the first Nightfall I completed, it was my first exotic drop. But a few days earlier I had completed the Super Good Advice bounty, which was my first exotic weapon. So when I got Gjallarhorn I got superpissed that it was yet another Heavy weapon, and I didn't even care about rocket launchers back then.

My Xur Wishlist

These are all the exotics left for me to get (plus the Crux for Necrochasm). None are fantastic unless I am wrong. Along with the last upgrades I need.

Are any left exceptional?

I want heavy ammo packs more than anything.

Xur Upgrades

Weapons
-Invective
-Bad JuJu

Armour
-Light Beyond Nemesis - Warlock

Exotic Weapons

3 Remaining
-Red Death
-Universal Remote
-The 4th Horseman

Exotic Armour

Hunter
-ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter Helmet)
-Lucky Raspberry (Hunter Chest)
-Radiant Dance Machines (Hunter Boots)

Titan
-The Glasshouse (Titan Helmet)

Warlock
-Apotheosis Veil (Warlock Helmet)
-Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet)
-Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets)

Insaniac

My personal choice would be a Vanquisher VIII...still hoping for a 331 roll.

I got the Vanquisher from Nightfall... it rolled the same skills as the default one >.>

I haven't yet unlocked all the perks yet however, but the low mag size is taking some adjusting.

ah ya, when i said venation I meant Vanquisher, I think a vendor sells vanquisher? you could buy it?

I think New Monarchy sells it

EL CUCO

I can't believe people actually still think Xur would ever sell Gjallarhorn again...it's never happening...NEVER. It's not getting a nerf either. Bosses are getting buffed or will be Ghorn proof somehow.

See Omnigul for reference. She eats wolfpacks for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while she laughs. Summoning 20 more Knights to express her amusement.

WipedOut

I didn't know Xur even existed until he sold the Suros.

Top Bottom