• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

I think a lot of them are great, but once you have a top tier exotic like gjallerhorn/IB/Hawkmoon, you don't really need to use other ones. I think the emphasis is on the player to find new and interesting ways to use the exotics that they have. I'm really looking forward to using bad juju on my warlock once I level it. I think I'm going to have a raid/NF/weekly loadout that I use exclusively for that, but keep in the vault when I do bounties or ROC. Need to keep things fresh, since I've used my IB so much.

I agree on some parts, but ultimately efficiency will trump creativity. All exotics should have perks that are just not available anywhere else and they should also be very good. There are exotics that are completely useless right now. Universal Remote and No Land Beyond spring to mind first.

Which one of you guys threatened Datto's life lol
http://youtu.be/DAyVAEBAo54

Datto's haters be like:

codygif.gif

Rubenov

I think Bungie's philosophy for exotics should be where every exotic is awesome and we can't decide what to use. Right now the majority are underwhelming.

Yes. I think they made a concerted effort of bringing low quality exotics for this expansion as to avoid another Gjallarhorn, or another Suros and Vex in their early days before their nerfs.

As a result, almost no one uses the new weapon exotics except No Land Beyond masochists.

Nobody knows how that works. For sure HM Atheon will drop a 300 max attack exotic and Crota drops 331 max attack exotics. Best bet is to do both.

Ha, fair point re: doing both. I was just curious as to which I should do first or which would have the highest chance.

So, with that in mind... I have the HM Gorgon CP on all my characters. Anyone up for running through the 2nd half of HM VoG with me tonight? I'm experienced with all the good weapons (minus the MF'ing ghorn) and will bring in either my level 32 hunter or 31 titan.

I'm thinking around 6pm Central/7pm Eastern. Let me know if you are interested.

E92 M3

Yes. I think they made a concerted effort of bringing low quality exotics for this expansion as to avoid another Gjallarhorn, or another Suros and Vex in their early days before their nerfs.

As a result, almost no one uses the new weapon exotics except No Land Beyond masochists.

Bungie and I have always fundamentally disagreed on weapon balance philosophy. They love concept of nerfs to balance - the running joke about Sage nerfing everything - and I believe that all weapons should be strong and exciting to a certain degree. Making the player feel powerful is a great tool. Platinum has nailed down that aspect in their games.

stb

Thanks man! I should be online around 7 CST or so.

Great! You can join me and squidhands so that will work out well.

I'm off Saturday so I should have plenty of time to run one or three VoG runs between Fri night and Saturday. Sounds good.

I still need/want the helmet for my Warlock and the cloak for the Hunter. I'll take whatever for the Titan lol.

You guys mind if we do this a little later? 8 Central? I've been eating dinner really late this week due to Destiny and am approaching wife aggro.

LTWood12

I'd love it if Bungie implemented some kind of gift giving system. Good friend is having a birthday next week and I'd love to be able to buy him an exotic or something.

For the few Xbone people in here, I need Crota kills on my Titan and Warlock. I also need a full raid on my Hunter. I have no experience as Sword guy, but I would like to learn, since it is a 32 and can deal more damage.

Should be on later tonight for a few runs. GT: toejam2501, have some people but nothing set in stone.

R0ckman

Has anyone turned on Team chat for crucible just to hear if your crappy team of randoms will actually try to strategize? Most of the time I don't hear anyone.

Has anyone turned on Team chat for crucible just to hear if your crappy team of randoms will actually try to strategize? Most of the time I don't hear anyone.

I don't bother cos ive never seen anyone even try. Bungie seriously needs to make it an opt out system instead of opt in. I mean if people don't like someone, they can just mute them right? RIGHT?

Apparently we're all morons who can't do that.

Is Child of Light worth whatever it would cost me to buy? So far my Vita is a PDP (Portable Destiny Player)

Yes, it's excellent. I played it on Wii U but I'm sure Vita would be fantastic for it. Music and art style are beautiful, very engaging but stream lined version of jrpg battle mechanics. Very short by "jrpg standards" but I really liked that, maybe 10-12 hours to beat so you can get back to Destiny.

Speaking of which, played any Wii U besides the Smash? Any verdicts on the games yet?

I've seen the randoms play, I don't need to hear them talk.

Rubenov

I don't bother cos ive never seen anyone even try. Bungie seriously needs to make it an opt out system instead of opt in. I mean if people don't like someone, they can just mute them right? RIGHT?

Apparently we're all morons who can't do that.

This is what I've said since the beggining. If this existed, we would've been able to meet so many people we just click with and pair up for Crucible, raids, strikes,etc...

I mean, every other shooter I've played had this.

I've been tempted. But have always decided against it. I figure the guy I want to yell at capping A on Blind Watch while we have B and C locked down probably isn't in the chat anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, it's excellent. I played it on Wii U but I'm sure Vita would be fantastic for it. Music and art style are beautiful, very engaging but stream lined version of jrpg battle mechanics. Very short by "jrpg standards" but I really liked that, maybe 10-12 hours to beat so you can get back to Destiny.

Speaking of which, played any Wii U besides the Smash? Any verdicts on the games yet?
Done through the first boss in Tropical Freeze, very high quality... while I wasn't starving for a new DKC game, it'll be nice to go back to when the itch hits. My buddy and I finally cracked open SM3DW Tuesday night and just got up to the World 1 castle, but I absolutely love it. Holy shit that crown is a fun touch.

Matchew

Finally got a team this week to do the CE and got a chest piece for my warlock and the hunger of crota, which looks pretty good. Makes my almost forget I don't have a gallarhorn yet. Any thoughts on it? The raid was a lot of fun even though we cheesed crota.

Dazzler

tried to cheese Valus during the nightfall as a Titan last night but I just couldn't jump my way up to the lights. Is it even possible?

So here is a question for you guys?

Which weapon types to you neglect the most?

For grimoire progress I've got the following points left to earn

Hand Cannons
Shotguns
Snipers
Rockets

My Snipers are pretty close to finished, thanks to raiding mostly.
Rockets are catching up. I just never bothered with rockets until I got a G'horn. I much prefer a machine gun, and still bring my Corrective measure into the cruicible.

I'm way behind on Hand Cannons because I never wanted to try them. Then one week I got Lord High Fixer, Devil You Know, Hawkmoon, and Last Word. Took it as a sign, but I'm still playing catch up.

As for shotguns... I don't know when I should be using these I feel. Destiny seems to have so many advantages to keeping as much space between you are the enemy, so I never seem to find myself reaching for a shotgun.

Rubenov

So I was thinking, what if Eris would offer trading 25 ascendant shards or 25 ascendant energies for 1 radiant shard or energy, respectively? It would continue to provide relevance to the Vault of Glass, link both Vault of Glass and Crota's End, and would provide usefulness to the pile of ascendant materials stuffing some players' vaults.

She could add in a Black Wax requirement or two if they want. This could go a long way in keeping players engaged.

Deku Tree

Done through the first boss in Tropical Freeze, very high quality... while I wasn't starving for a new DKC game, it'll be nice to go back to when the itch hits. My buddy and I finally cracked open SM3DW Tuesday night and just got up to the World 1 castle, but I absolutely love it. Holy shit that crown is a fun touch.

3DW only gets better. The first few worlds feel like warm up compared to what comes later. And even after you "finish the game" the amount of content still in front of you is staggering.
and the final level in the end game is the hardest Mario level I have ever played. Still haven't beaten it and I have beaten a lot of final hard Mario levels..
. Fantastic game.

TF was my second favorite 2014 game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So is it possible to have 5 exotic bounties going at once? I have four already and just got the missive, but it won't let me turn it into a new exotic bounty. I wonder if it's a bug or what?

Of course, I'd love to turn in the bounties I've already finished, but the lack of vault space makes that pretty much impossible.

SkylineRKR

I can't believe he hasn't sold this yet. I got one months ago, and had another drop 2 weeks ago. My guess is that it's thunderlord this weekend, but if it's universal remote I'd be pretty salty. Need a good one after the past few weeks of disappointment.

Remote is a weapon I think no one wants. Like Hard Light. Perhaps thats why its never being sold. The same could be said of NLB, but it was a DLC weapon and to cockblock non DLC players. I don't think it will be offered again tbh, probably more frequent Dragons instead.

Thunderlord might not be offered yet because of PvP. Like how Horn and IB aren't offered for PvE, these once were but when their potential became known it was over.

Sadly I have 2 Remotes (one old, one new), and no Thunderlord or Hard Light. So if Xur is going to sell Remote I'm just going to laugh.

E92 M3

So I was thinking, what if Eris would offer trading 25 ascendant shards or 25 ascendant energies for 1 radiant shard or energy, respectively? It would continue to provide relevance to the Vault of Glass, link both Vault of Glass and Crota's End, and would provide usefulness to the pile of ascendant materials stuffing some players' vaults.

She could add in a Black Wax requirement or two if they want. This could go a long way in keeping players engaged.

Too high of a number, maybe 5. We also need an exchange for shards and energies. Shards are useless to me, completely useless.

LiK

So is it possible to have 5 exotic bounties going at once? I have four already and just got the missive, but it won't let me turn it into a new exotic bounty. I wonder if it's a bug or what?

Of course, I'd love to turn in the bounties I've already finished, but the lack of vault space makes that pretty much impossible.

No alts to hold them for you?

I think we're all just too impatient. We'll have the shards and energy in due time. It's practically guaranteed for us to get them all by a certain point.

Top Bottom