• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Deku Tree

I can't believe people actually still think Xur would ever sell Gjallarhorn again...it's never happening...NEVER. It's not getting a nerf either. Bosses are getting buffed or will be Ghorn proof somehow.

See Omnigul for reference. She eats wolfpacks for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while she laughs. Summoning 20 more Knights to express her amusement.

Now that you have one you don't want Xur to sell it anymore so that you can be in the exclusive Gjallarhorn club? lolz

You must not have had one yet when we had the Omnigul solar burn nightfall. Omnigul went down in like three Gjallarhorns I think.

jadedm17

I skipped Out on it cause rocket launcher :-/

At the time I probably would have bought a universal remote over a gjallarhorn

Me and most people I know bought sunbreakers. The rarest of all exotics
I chose to get armour instead =/
Then the regenerating Ammo sniper? Ouch

I can't believe people actually still think Xur would ever sell Gjallarhorn again...it's never happening...NEVER. It's not getting a nerf either. Bosses are getting buffed or will be Ghorn proof somehow.

See Omnigul for reference. She eats wolfpacks for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while she laughs. Summoning 20 more Knights to express her amusement.

I'm starting to feel he won't either and the obsession people have over it makes them miss out on all the other great weapons. Also, omnigul is a horrible strike, what's with the double doors on each section? That strike sucks in general.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okayyy, typically I do this on Tuesday or Wed. morning and include my weekly static raid on wednesdays at 9 (last night had our full group, went awesome!) but work's been ridiculous this week so my apologies for the late post. I also apologize that tonight's newbie raid is apparently already full up- had a bunch of early sign-ups this week! You never know when we'll need an alt though, so do keep your eyes peeled if you're looking for VoG tonight. I am taking sign-ups now for sword school on Sunday though! Finally, heads up that next week Thursday will be our very first Crota's End newbie raid (instead of VoG). From then on, we'll be alternating each week.

Thursday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Mondo Action Funtime VoG Newbie Raid
Moving these back to 9PM EST to accommodate more of West Coast GAF getting a shot.

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies to the Vault or those who just aren't comfortable with all aspects of it. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. These are a great opportunity to take on roles you don't ordinarily get the chance to try- Relic for Templar, inside/outside Gatekeepers, etc.- and just generally learn to master the raid. We will employ (or at least demonstrate) tactics for each section that can be applied equally to either Normal or Hard mode. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Minimum level to attend is 26; 27 is recommend.

Note: If the group level distribution for one of these is four 30s/two 29s or better, this will shift to becoming a Hard Raid. The biggest restriction by far for a Hard raid is that you cannot revive. If you die, you're dead until the next checkpoint. As a result, it's important to play very conservatively. However, the prospect of having a full six level 30 "newbie" group is becoming more realistic by the day, and I'm confident we could pull it off. However, if you sign up for this run, please do so with the knowledge that it will default to a Normal raid if the numbers aren't in our favor.

Roster:
1. TheExecutive
2. traveler
3. Hawkian
4. CooI_Breeze
5. Goku1949
6. NatCat_49

ALTS: UnionCarbine, kamicowzi

Next week: Crota's End, minimum level 30

Friday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Pay-it-Foward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic and Loansword Program

You know the drill: I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

Minimum level for the Clinic is 28 for Nightfall, 27 for Weekly Heroic
. No signups for these- just come into the thread at the specified time and post asking for help, and I'll jump in.

Note: I'm adding mercenary sword services to the stuff I'll help with during this window on Friday nights. If you need a Swordbearer for a quick Crota kill I'm in for that as well.

Sunday, 6:00PM EST - Slice-n'-Dice Sword School Inaugural Class

Our first day of sword school is on for this Sunday! The idea here is to let as many people as possible get their hands on the sword in a stress-free context where they aren't worried about the group kill being on the line. I have a loose framework in mind for the group, but since this is the first one, I ask for the patience of anyone who signs up as I refine things a bit.

Minimum level is 31.

We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then wipe, and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make seriously attempts at getting the kill, with a different player taking the sword each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. The idea of getting the Crota win with one of these "classroom kills" sounds like one of the most fun things I could possibly hope to do in this game and I'll be willing to try as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

I know there was substantial interest in this- signups are open now! First come first serve, though like the newbie raids I ask that attendees simply don't sign up two weeks in a row, to keep the opportunity open.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212
3. Dr_LawyerCop
4. stb (Berried_Treasure)
5. Buttchin-n-Bones
6. squidhands

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

For sure. Stop daydreaming people.

joecanada

is there any validity still to the theory that suros regime is better without the upgrades (higher fire rate)... I have one that I use in crucible from time to time (mostly only when I get sick of firing a handcannon cuz my finger is sore lol) and it seems ok when not upgraded.........
I don't plan to upgrade it because I always use handcannons mainly.

noomi

Xur needs to sell the hawkmoon.

Xbox and PS4 Xur inventories should be completely separate. Lazy move on Bungie's part.

Exclusive weapons for PS4! YAY!!!! I can't use them because RNG is a cold hearted bitch!

EL CUCO

Now that you have one you don't want Xur to sell it anymore so that you can be in the exclusive Gjallarhorn club? lolz

You must not have had one yet when we had the Omnigul solar burn nightfall. Omnigul went down in like three Gjallarhorns I think.

Lol! Even before I had it, I knew he would never sell it again. It's a HUGE carrot the Hornless are chasing (well worth the chase I might add :D) and Bungie knows it.

I stood on that Omnigul platform with my maxed 331 Horn and put 7 rockets repeatedly into her. It barely tickled her health in comparison to what it does to Atheon, for example. I'd say maybe 5-10% HP went down.

Went home for lunch. Decided to run a couple ROC strikes for shits and giggles. Second one, Dust Palace, netted me a Plan C... now, granted, I already have one but I was surprised to see an exotic pop up for me.

When I saw the yellow box at first, I thought horn. Because that's obviously how I'm going to get one. Dicking around randomly and not expecting a damn thing. Argh.

This probably won't happen on Destiny, but I hope for Destiny 2 they add the option to play in third person. It's a lot of fun to wield the sword and see my character.

Xbox and PS4 Xur inventories should be completely separate. Lazy move on Bungie's part.

Exclusive weapons for PS4! YAY!!!! I can't use them because RNG is a cold hearted bitch!

Why is that a "yay?" Exclusives of any kind are bad for gamers either way. Case in point ^

i.e. you have a PS4, good for you...except Xur never sells exclusives because they are exclusive. Were there no exclusives across platforms, I'm sure he'd have already sold a Hawkmoon by now.

This probably won't happen on Destiny, but I hope for Destiny 2 they add the option to play in third person. It's a lot of fun to wield the sword and see my character.
100% agree.

void666

Banned
I bet Xur is going to sell the 4th horseman tomorrow. It's the only dlc exotic left (correct?). It's useless and they want to rub it in the face of those who doesn't have the dlc. "See this exotic? You can't but it."

Anyway, all i want from Xur is Obsidian mind. But I'm ready for disappointment.

Deku Tree

joecanada

TDB vendor version kinda sucks. Hoping for better rolls.

ya honestly most vendor weapons are fairly vanilla with perks... usually you can get much better randoms...

in fact it's weird but the best guns are usually the one with plain old perks - reload speed, range, stability, mag size, or anything that boosts a weapons obvious weaknesses.

for instance my favorite weapon ever is still my red hand with reload speed kills, reload speed criticals, and range / stability upgrades.
its stuck forever at 300 dmg though :(

Okayyy, typically I do this on Tuesday or Wed. morning and include my weekly static raid on wednesdays at 9 (last night had our full group, went awesome!) but work's been ridiculous this week so my apologies for the late post. I also apologize that tonight's newbie raid is apparently already full up- had a bunch of early sign-ups this week! You never know when we'll need an alt though, so do keep your eyes peeled if you're looking for VoG tonight. I am taking sign-ups now for sword school on Sunday though! Finally, heads up that next week Thursday will be our very first Crota's End newbie raid (instead of VoG). From then on, we'll be alternating each week.

Moving these back to 9PM EST to accommodate more of West Coast GAF getting a shot.

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies to the Vault or those who just aren't comfortable with all aspects of it. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. These are a great opportunity to take on roles you don't ordinarily get the chance to try- Relic for Templar, inside/outside Gatekeepers, etc.- and just generally learn to master the raid. We will employ (or at least demonstrate) tactics for each section that can be applied equally to either Normal or Hard mode. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Note: If the group level distribution for one of these is four 30s/two 29s or better, this will shift to becoming a Hard Raid. The biggest restriction by far for a Hard raid is that you cannot revive. If you die, you're dead until the next checkpoint. As a result, it's important to play very conservatively. However, the prospect of having a full six level 30 "newbie" group is becoming more realistic by the day, and I'm confident we could pull it off. However, if you sign up for this run, please do so with the knowledge that it will default to a Normal raid if the numbers aren't in our favor.

Roster:
1. TheExecutive
2. traveler
3. Hawkian
4. CooI_Breeze
5. Goku1949
6. NatCat_49

ALTS: UnionCarbine

Friday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Pay-it-Foward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic and Loansword Program

You know the drill: I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

Minimum level for the Clinic is 28 for Nightfall, 27 for Weekly Heroic. No signups for these- just come into the thread at the specified time and post asking for help, and I'll jump in.

Note: I'm adding mercenary sword services to the stuff I'll help with during this window on Friday nights. If you need a Swordbearer for a quick Crota kill I'm in for that as well.

Our first day of sword school is on for this Sunday! The idea here is to let as many people as possible get their hands on the sword in a stress-free context where they aren't worried about the group kill being on the line. I have a loose framework in mind for the group, but since this is the first one, I ask for the patience of anyone who signs up as I refine things a bit.

Minimum level is 31.

We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then wipe, and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make seriously attempts at getting the kill, with a different player taking the sword each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. The idea of getting the Crota win with one of these "classroom kills" sounds like one of the most fun things I could possibly hope to do in this game and I'll be willing to try as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

I know there was substantial interest in this- signups are open now! First come first serve, though like the newbie raids I ask that attendees simply don't sign up two weeks in a row, to keep the opportunity open.

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

I would like a spot in the sword group on Sunday por favor

PSN: GKW212

noomi

Why is that a "yay?" Exclusives of any kind are bad for gamers either way. Case in point ^

i.e. you have a PS4, good for you...except Xur never sells exclusives because they are exclusive. Were there no exclusives across platforms, I'm sure he'd have already sold a Hawkmoon by now.

It was a sarcastic Yay :(

I bet Xur is going to sell the 4th horseman tomorrow. It's the only dlc exotic left (correct?). It's useless and they want to rub it in the face of those who doesn't have the dlc. "See this exotic? You can't but it."

Anyway, all i want from Xur is Obsidian mind. But I'm ready for disappointment.

Won't happen 4th horseman is exclusive to ps4 :/

We should be able to get the PS exclusive strikes in Nightfalls too. Flayers with all three burns FTW!

Lol! Even before I had it, I knew he would never sell it again. It's a HUGE carrot the Hornless are chasing (well worth the chase I might add :D) and Bungie knows it.

I stood on that Omnigul platform with my maxed 331 Horn and put 7 rockets repeatedly into her. It barely tickled her health in comparison to what it does to Atheon, for example. I'd say maybe 5-10% HP went down.

Hahaha! Busted!

Dave_6

Roster:
1. TheExecutive
2. traveler
3. Hawkian
4. CooI_Breeze
5. Goku1949
6. NatCat_49

Minimum level for the Clinic is 28 for Nightfall, 27 for Weekly Heroic. No signups for these- just come into the thread at the specified time and post asking for help, and I'll jump in.

Minimum level is 31.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212

Sign me up for the CE raid next week. I'd like to attend sword school but I won't be home at that time.

Minimum level is 31.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212

I'll sign up for sword school, assuming there's still space. Dr_LawyerCop

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nat is pretty excited for tonight's newbie VoG run. She's done two Nightfalls, but I think this will be a pretty great experience for her. Being level 29 should make it more manageable as well.

Have fun tonight, and thanks for including her Hawkian. <3
Looking forward to it!
I would like a spot in the sword group on Sunday por favor

PSN: GKW212
You're in. Four spots to go

edit: Three!
It actually boggles my mind a little that someone spends this much of their own time a week helping absolute strangers. You're a peach.
*blushes* shucks, it ain't no thang

Seriously though, these runs are casual and a lot of fun, and I love succeeding with a brand new group that's never run together before. it's as much for my own enjoyment as it is to help out :>

for instance my favorite weapon ever is still my red hand with reload speed kills, reload speed criticals, and range / stability upgrades.
its stuck forever at 300 dmg though :(
I just got a Red Hand IX! It rolled with outlaw (reload buff), explosive rounds (YES!) and third eye (meh).

I don't really need radar while aiming down the sights of a hand cannon, considering how often I'm not ADSing with HCs.

E92 M3

I think Bungie's philosophy for exotics should be where every exotic is awesome and we can't decide what to use. Right now the majority are underwhelming.

This really is a great community. People like Messiek stayed on Tuesday and helped with multiple Crota kills, even though it got him nothing. I'll run the sword anytime. It's fun as hell.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sign me up for the CE raid next week. I'd like to attend sword school but I won't be home at that time.
Ah send me a PM, not doing signups for that yet but if you make an orange envelope pop up I won't forget to add you next week. :)

Kaiken

Banned

I'm saying. Launch day and still no Hawkmoon. Also no VoC or VexM.

ERMint13

Considering they sold the upgrade for Hawkmoon it seems possible.

It will insanely piss people off on PS4 if Xbox guys get it first. What was the point of having it exclusive if we never got to use it. I also think it would piss people off that worked through multiple guys to get it(ie delete and do nightfalls every day or two). Some guy on another forum made over 50 characters to get his Hawkmoon.

I think I'm around 21 days played with no sniff of Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, or 4th Horseman. Oh well.

I think Bungie's philosophy for exotics should be where every exotic is awesome and we can't decide what to use. Right now the majority are underwhelming.

I think a lot of them are great, but once you have a top tier exotic like gjallerhorn/IB/Hawkmoon, you don't really need to use other ones. I think the emphasis is on the player to find new and interesting ways to use the exotics that they have. I'm really looking forward to using bad juju on my warlock once I level it. I think I'm going to have a raid/NF/weekly loadout that I use exclusively for that, but keep in the vault when I do bounties or ROC. Need to keep things fresh, since I've used my IB so much.

I can't believe he hasn't sold this yet. I got one months ago, and had another drop 2 weeks ago. My guess is that it's thunderlord this weekend, but if it's universal remote I'd be pretty salty. Need a good one after the past few weeks of disappointment.

Based on times sold, and then shittyness most to least likely:
0x Universal Remote
0x Thunderloard
1x No Land Beyond
1x Dragon's Breath
1x MIDA/The Last Word

Looking forward to it!

You're in. Four spots to go

edit: Three!

Awesome, thanks. I won't have a time restriction so I'm in for as long as everyone else wants. I've beaten Crota a bunch with my normal group but never as sword-dawg. Hopefully I've watched it enough that I won't be a total liability.

I'll either be bringing my 32 hunter or 31 titan. I have all the good weapons except for, *sigh*, the horn.

exYle

Roster:
1. TheExecutive
2. traveler
3. Hawkian
4. CooI_Breeze
5. Goku1949
6. NatCat_49

Minimum level is 31.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212
3. Dr_LawyerCop

I need in on that sword class. I keep messing up my timing. PSN Buttchin-n-Bones

stb

Minimum level is 31.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212
3. Dr_LawyerCop
4. stb (PSN: Berried_treasurE)

Added myself to the Crota Sword School

Karl2177

For the few Xbone people in here, I need Crota kills on my Titan and Warlock. I also need a full raid on my Hunter. I have no experience as Sword guy, but I would like to learn, since it is a 32 and can deal more damage.

kamicowzi

Banned

Roster:
1. TheExecutive
2. traveler
3. Hawkian
4. CooI_Breeze
5. Goku1949
6. NatCat_49

Minimum level is 31.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212
3. Dr_LawyerCop

If you need an ALT for VoG tonight I'd like to give it a shot. PSN: kamicowzi

Better chance to snag a Ghorn: Crota or Atheon?

In other words, which boss has been dropping more exotics?

I'm thinking HM Atheon simply because it's a double roll. Thoughts?

noomi

This really is a great community. People like Messiek stayed on Tuesday and helped with multiple Crota kills, even though it got him nothing. I'll run the sword anytime. It's fun as hell.

Hear hear! Messiek is a great guy, and yes this community is really something awesome.

Considering they sold the upgrade for Hawkmoon it seems possible.

It will insanely piss people off on PS4 if Xbox guys get it first. What was the point of having it exclusive if we never got to use it. I also think it would piss people off that worked through multiple guys to get it(ie delete and do nightfalls every day or two). Some guy on another forum made over 50 characters to get his Hawkmoon.

I think I'm around 21 days played with no sniff of Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, or 4th Horseman. Oh well.

320hours here and no hawkmoon :( Gawd Damn, 50 characters to get a hawkmoon? Now I don't feel so bad.... if I had the time I might do the same :/

Deku Tree

Better chance to snag a Ghorn: Crota or Atheon?

In other words, which boss has been dropping more exotics?

I'm thinking HM Atheon simply because it's a double roll. Thoughts?

Nobody knows how that works. For sure HM Atheon will drop a 300 max attack exotic and Crota drops 331 max attack exotics. Best bet is to do both.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Great stuff Hawkian. If you ever need help with one of these and need a spot filled or anything, if I'm online just shoot me an invite.
Nice, thank you!
If you need an ALT for VoG tonight I'd like to give it a shot. PSN: kamicowzi
okay, thanks! I'll put you down as one.

Destiny wins Playstation Blog GOTY for best PS4 game. Voted by readers.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...-blog-2014-game-of-the-year-awards/#sf6818844
wow.

Born2Live

So in this new world of low impact auto rifles how does my gift from Bungie stack up.

Up For Anything with Spray and Play, Field Scout, and Rangefinder. Perks look meh but I don't really know what perks are good on auto rifles.

LiK

So in this new world of low impact auto rifles how does my gift from Bungie.

Up For Anything with Spray and Play, Field Scout, and Rangefinder. Perks look meh but I don't really know what perks are good on auto rifles.

ARs are so bad after the nerfs that I no longer even use them that much anymore.

Top Bottom