• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
3DW only gets better. The first few worlds feel like warm up compared to what comes later. And even after you "finish the game" the amount of content still in front of you is staggering.
and the final level in the end game is the hardest Mario level I have ever played. Still haven't beaten it and I have beaten a lot of final hard Mario levels..
. Fantastic game.

TF was my second favorite 2014 game.
Hype.
Remote is a weapon I think no one wants. Like Hard Light.
I want both

:-/

Homeboyd

I got Gallajorn should I continue upgrading it or hold off till I can buy the 331 attack one?
I know everyone has answered you already, but go ahead and start using bounties with it equipped to unlock the upgrades, just don't purchase any until you see if Xur has the upgrade. At least you can turn it in for 2 exotic shards vs one if you have all the nodes unlocked.

Remote is a weapon I think no one wants. Like Hard Light. Perhaps thats why its never being sold. The same could be said of NLB, but it was a DLC weapon and to cockblock non DLC players. I don't think it will be offered again tbh, probably more frequent Dragons instead.

Thunderlord might not be offered yet because of PvP. Like how Horn and IB aren't offered for PvE, these once were but when their potential became known it was over.

Sadly I have 2 Remotes (one old, one new), and no Thunderlord or Hard Light. So if Xur is going to sell Remote I'm just going to laugh.

What makes thunderlord good in PvP? I didn't know that was a thing.

Rubenov

Too high of a number, maybe 5. We also need an exchange for shards and energies. Shards are useless to me, completely useless.

It should be hard, 5 is too easy. Gotta look at it a bit from both sides. A lot of players have hundreds of these things, and you can come out the VoG with 15 of one and 20 of other in one run on hard. You don't want to invalidate raiding Crota's End too quickly but want to still provide utility to whatever materials are still out there.

zewone

So is it possible to have 5 exotic bounties going at once? I have four already and just got the missive, but it won't let me turn it into a new exotic bounty. I wonder if it's a bug or what?

Of course, I'd love to turn in the bounties I've already finished, but the lack of vault space makes that pretty much impossible.
The bounty is probably 3 choices for ones you already have going.

I was unable to make that jump with my warlock... Tried several times... Are hunters and warlocks able to make that jump?
Yes. I've made it up there with Warlock. Hunter is much tougher.

SkylineRKR

Trust me Remote is shit. But for collectors purposes, I understand. I didn't shard the 302 one for that reason.

Hard Light I kind of want since it would mean I have all exotic AR and the weapon has a good sound.

LiK

Bungie needs to make Dailies have the possibility of dropping Radiant materials. I don't need anymore ass mats.

Rubenov

I think we're all just too impatient. We'll have the shards and energy in due time. It's practically guaranteed for us to get them all by a certain point.

Not about levelling up quick, but about providing relevance to the vault of glass and the materials that we still earn. Heck, dailies... they still provide these ascendant materials.

I wasn't a huge fan of his 'anti-cheese' video because it felt a bit hypocritical and I also loathe armchair game development, but seriously, threatening the guy's life? what the hell?

If you seriously threaten someone's life over a video game, you deserve to be in a mental institution or prison. Either way, you shouldn't be part of free society.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What makes thunderlord good in PvP? I didn't know that was a thing.
Everything. I don't mean that in the way that means "I dismiss your question, it's just very good," literally every property it has is exceptional for PvP. It is very, very likely the objectively best PvP weapon, though of course it comes with the sacrifice of your exotic slot and your playstyle must revolve around knowing and controlling the heavy spawns. example

Not about levelling up quick, but about providing relevance to the vault of glass and the materials that we still earn. Heck, dailies... they still provide these ascendant materials.

And we still need Ascendant materials for every other legendary out there that isn't Crota Raid weapons/armor.

So probably something like 96% of all legendary equipment requires ascendant materials to upgrade.

Edit: If you want relevance, let us trade it X ascendant materials for rep to various factions.

3DW only gets better. The first few worlds feel like warm up compared to what comes later. And even after you "finish the game" the amount of content still in front of you is staggering.
and the final level in the end game is the hardest Mario level I have ever played. Still haven't beaten it and I have beaten a lot of final hard Mario levels..
. Fantastic game.

TF was my second favorite 2014 game.

Agree with all of this. SM3DW is incredible, so much creativity and variety. As for the spoiler tag,
my wife is not a gamer but loves Cat Mario. We beat every level until that last one, but it wasn't going to happen unless I just did it for her which isn't fun. When 3DW came out I had to slave away awhile to finally beat it, Princess Peach helps a lot.

Tropical Freeze was GotY until Destiny fever got me. Although it's still my OST of the year, with Destiny in 2nd place by a narrow margin.

SkylineRKR

Everything. I don't mean that in the way that means "I dismiss your question, it's just very good," literally every property it has is exceptional for PvP. It is very, very likely the objectively best PvP weapon, though of course it comes with the sacrifice of your exotic slot and your playstyle must revolve around knowing and controlling the heavy spawns. example

The only downside is its ammo count, though its only limited when compared to Corrective Measure. Thunderlord however kills far quicker, and easier.

It is the best PvP weapon out there.

Korten

Banned
Gulb.jpg

Finally, got it. :D

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How do you do it? What's your secret?

I'm not sure how other people do it, but I've been using the light spot since people were using the first cheese method (the boxes). If you jump on the pole, stand on the highest point of it. You'll have to time your double jump on a hunter to make it up, and it will still be close. It's easy to make it up on a titan and warlock. Focused burst on warlock, upgraded double jump on warlock, and the increased on titan is what I use.

hydruxo

How do you do it? What's your secret?

Sunsinger -> Focused Burst

Stand on that little pillar on the side and just glide straight up to the light. It's kinda tough because if you don't get it the first couple tries, Valus will probably kill you or you'll fall straight down to the ground and die.

LiK

The only downside is its ammo count, though its only limited when compared to Corrective Measure. Thunderlord however kills far quicker, and easier.

It is the best PvP weapon out there.

I still haven't used mine. I have it on my Warlock and he mainly uses a Vex. I'll probably need to work on getting a different primary for him.

I think we're all just too impatient. We'll have the shards and energy in due time. It's practically guaranteed for us to get them all by a certain point.

I don't know, it's been out for what, 5 weeks? I got to 32 on my main last week, with nothing to spare and an exotic helm. I got a couple more shards this week, but not nearly enough to level my Titan alt to 32, and then I still have my Warlock and 3 helmets.

I figure that I'll probably get all of the shards I need, and level Eris to 4 right around when the next DLC resets everything.

Sunday, 6:00PM EST - Slice-n'-Dice Sword School Inaugural Class

Our first day of sword school is on for this Sunday! The idea here is to let as many people as possible get their hands on the sword in a stress-free context where they aren't worried about the group kill being on the line. I have a loose framework in mind for the group, but since this is the first one, I ask for the patience of anyone who signs up as I refine things a bit.

Minimum level is 31.

We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then wipe, and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make seriously attempts at getting the kill, with a different player taking the sword each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. The idea of getting the Crota win with one of these "classroom kills" sounds like one of the most fun things I could possibly hope to do in this game and I'll be willing to try as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

I know there was substantial interest in this- signups are open now! First come first serve, though like the newbie raids I ask that attendees simply don't sign up two weeks in a row, to keep the opportunity open.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212
3. Dr_LawyerCop
4. stb (Berried_Treasure)
5. Buttchin-n-Bones

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian
I'll add my name to the list if it's still available. got a 31 Warlock ready for schoolin'.

I'll send you a PM about the VoG stuff for next time. :)

Deku Tree

I'm not sure how other people do it, but I've been using the light spot since people were using the first cheese method (the boxes). If you jump on the pole, stand on the highest point of it. You'll have to time your double jump on a hunter to make it up, and it will still be close. It's easy to make it up on a titan and warlock. Focused burst on warlock, upgraded double jump on warlock, and the increased on titan is what I use.

Sunsinger -> Focused Burst

Stand on that little pillar on the side and just glide straight up to the light. It's kinda tough because if you don't get it the first couple tries, Valus will probably kill you or you'll fall straight down to the ground and die.

Oh that's it. I'm sure I wasn't using Focused burst. Thanks!

oSoLucky

Thanks HAL-x9000, Heliconsoul, Greyblade and US-Frostburn(even though you bailed on us!) for the Crota kill. Too bad he only dropped a Song of Ir Yut and The Last Word for the group. Also, Helicon, if let me know if you want me to show you how the fights are "supposed" to go and grats on first kill.

With that said, I am looking to kill Crota twice more. I have the checkpoint. Let's do it. Cheese or no cheese it doesn't matter to me.

Rubenov

And we still need Ascendant materials for every other legendary out there that isn't Crota Raid weapons/armor.

So probably something like 96% of all legendary equipment requires ascendant materials to upgrade.

Edit: If you want relevance, let us trade it X ascendant materials for rep to various factions.

What level 31 or 32 player needs ascendant shards anymore? After buying a few legendary weapons, energies can stockpile too if doing dailies or vault of glass.

I don't do dailies anymore. Nor do I do Vault of Glass. I would GLADLY do all dailies accross my 3 characters and VoG three times a week if I could use ascendant mats.

Sunday, 6:00PM EST - Slice-n'-Dice Sword School Inaugural Class

Our first day of sword school is on for this Sunday! The idea here is to let as many people as possible get their hands on the sword in a stress-free context where they aren't worried about the group kill being on the line. I have a loose framework in mind for the group, but since this is the first one, I ask for the patience of anyone who signs up as I refine things a bit.

Minimum level is 31.

We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then wipe, and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make seriously attempts at getting the kill, with a different player taking the sword each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. The idea of getting the Crota win with one of these "classroom kills" sounds like one of the most fun things I could possibly hope to do in this game and I'll be willing to try as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

I know there was substantial interest in this- signups are open now! First come first serve, though like the newbie raids I ask that attendees simply don't sign up two weeks in a row, to keep the opportunity open.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. Narmer212
3. Dr_LawyerCop
4. stb (Berried_Treasure)
5. Buttchin-n-Bones

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

Would love to get in on sword school sometime. Idk if this weekend is doable for me but maybe I can be an alternate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What level 31 or 32 player needs ascendant shards anymore? After buying a few legendary weapons, energies can stockpile too if doing dailies or vault of glass.

I don't do dailies anymore. Nor do I do Vault of Glass. I would GLADLY do all dailies accross my 3 characters and VoG three times a week if I could use ascendant mats.
I upgrade lots of armor pieces :[
Would love to get in on sword school sometime. Idk if this weekend is doable for me but maybe I can be an alternate.
Just filled up but I'll put you down as an alt!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ditto. I can only hope for some epic train wrecks and "I'm an idiot" moments. That's where the laughs will come in. Glad it's a low-key kind of thing without pressure.
Hehe absolutely. I may try some wacky stuff that's likely to end in death when it's my turn too :p

Coconut

Banned
Anyone want to power through some of the story stuff tonight? looks like my lady friend is sick and wants to hang out by herself and play Borderlands 2.

Like I said, let us trade them in for rep or something, but trading them in for Radiant materials really isn't necessary.

Top Bottom