• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Xur will be selling Gjallarhorn...for 200 Strange Coins! :D

stop, just stop! my heart cant take it anymore. I feel like a battered house wife that keeps returing to an abusive husband. every week I say next week. My hope hasnt diminished in 3 months. I am giving up hope it will ever show up again.

if it did cost 200 coins I would play rocs strikes for 24 hours straight to get those coins.

SkylineRKR

Juju is so fucking fun and I understand its mediocre stats. This thing has infinite shots if you kill, and the super bar building is ridiculous. I use it with Don't Touch Me on my Hunter.

Its the weapon that makes Orb and Arc/Solar bounties a joke.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
So as someone new to the Fatebringer, what the hell is up with the outlaw perk? I'm guessing exploding rounds somehow cancels outlaw out? Or maybe it's the chain of woe perk I have equipped on my hunter. Either way, it was wildly inconsistent until I turned exploding rounds off.

And would someone let me know column by column what the de-facto standard perks people equip with this gun? I'm trying to get the most out of it.
Nobody knows about the outlaw/explosive rounds thing? =/

Juju is so fucking fun and I understand its mediocre stats. This thing has infinite shots if you kill, and the super bar building is ridiculous. I use it with Don't Touch Me on my Hunter.

Xur better have the upgrade tomorrow!

Been waiting and waiting

coy

welp, i feel like a million bucks /s

guess i should end my break now.

large.jpg

So quick glance at how the exotics all play out:

AR - 4.5
PR - 2
SR - 1
HC - 3

Shot - 3
Fus - 2.5
Snip - 3

Rock - 3
HMG - 2

I'm counting Vex as half AR half Fusion.

Anyway, looking at this, I hope that Bungie shows Scout and Pulse Rifles some love next go around. We definitely could wait until the comet for another exotic AR.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nobody knows about the outlaw/explosive rounds thing? =/
You were right, there's no more to it. Explosive Rounds screw up Precision damage and shouldn't be used in most PvE contexts; on Fatebringer especially so.

Of course if you're running Chain of Woe Outlaw is a pretty useless perk in the first place.

Deku Tree

Xur better have the upgrade tomorrow!

Been waiting and waiting

Just do the bounty man. Stop denying the Roc

I know right. I did one bad juju bounty since the exotic tuning even though I had already done it. Now I have two more bad juju bounties in my inventory and a SGA exotic bounty too.

Those are the two exotic bounties that I pick up if I get the option. They are the easiest ones IMO and you can just leave the bad juju bounty in your inventory and you get five strokes a week out of NF+weekly without any grinding.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm trying to get a group together tonight for a Flawless VoG run if anybody is down. I'm thinking around 8 PM EST? We can change the time a bit if need be.

1) hydruxo (PSN: hydruxxo) - Hunter
2) ethomaz - Warlock
3) OPEN
4) OPEN
5) OPEN
6) OPEN
Me :D

This is such a cool build. I gotta get Obsidian Mind and upgrade my Juju/redo the bounty
As someone who kinda loathes the idea of playing PvP, how bad is it to do that part of the JuJu bounty? I'd imagine it would be better to go in with a group, but I'd hate to bring the team down with my shitty playing and shittier map knowledge.

SkylineRKR

As someone who kinda loathes the idea of playing PvP, how bad is it to do that part of the JuJu bounty? I'd imagine it would be better to go in with a group, but I'd hate to bring the team down with my shitty playing and shittier map knowledge.

There is no penalty for the Bad Juju crucible bounty. You'll get it. It just speeds up if you happen to frag Warlocks.

realcZk

explosive rounds only hurt when the precision hit doesnt get the kill and the explosion does (no outlaw/firefly get proc'd)...explosive rounds on fatebringer are actually something you could get by with in arc nightfalls, as the burn modifer applies to the explosion separately as well for more total damage dealt to many mob types, although firefly is still gonna do more. worth playing around with.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Datto managed to come across as snarky and patronizing even in apology.

I think that's just his personality and they way he talks. But he's right though, people fly off the handle without actually paying attention to what he was saying. And I agree with him about the cheese and people not getting the full experience. We had to get a guy from reddit for a fill in for a CE run last night, and the guy had no idea how to do the bridge section even though he completed CE numerous times. We spent 10 minutes explaining the mechanics to him and did it legit. The day the raid released it took us hours to learn the encounter ourselves, and nothing beats that. And come hard mode release, those people who only know the cheese are probably in for a rude awakening when they have to play the game legit.

You were right, there's no more to it. Explosive Rounds screw up Precision damage and shouldn't be used in most PvE contexts; on Fatebringer especially so.

Of course if you're running Chain of Woe Outlaw is a pretty useless perk in the first place.

I feel like they stack. Has there been any research on this? When I use FB on my Hunter, reloads feels just slightly longer than the time between shots.

Irawr is really cool.

Continuing those lines, thanks to djblackice for letting me drop in the heroic Weekly last night. The lights saved the wipe.

I was in there with you guys lol (Alpha-Perro) He sent me a message saying sorry he couldn't down Valus quicker, I told him no way, he carried me and my 27 alt.

Exactly where I'm at. Rumble has not been friendly to my efforts. I'm going to try Control and just follow people and try to steal kills.

Expect to die but just grind out the kills. I'm halfway done with relatively few PVP successes to speak of.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

Yes, don't use them. The explosive rounds cancel out outlaw AND firefly.
Oh gosh, thanks for the heads up. Sometimes it's hard to know what stacks and what doesn't.

I think that's just his personality and they way he talks. But he's right though, people fly off the handle without actually paying attention to what he was saying. And I agree with him about the cheese and people not getting the full experience. We had to get a guy from reddit for a fill in for a CE run last night, and the guy had no idea how to do the bridge section. We spent 10 minutes explaining the mechanics to him and did it legit. The day the raid released it took us hours to learn the encounter ourselves, and nothing beats that. And come hard mode release, those people who only know the cheese are probably in for a rude awakening when they have to play the game legit.

Datto pretty much made fun of the reddit post defensive and other snarky comments originally.

He is a snarky purist that is on the defensive now since people called him out.

I don't ever watch Datto but watching the two videos and then reading the reddit post made it clear.

He has shifted to it being all about the player and making sure we all know how to actually do the encounters which is the better stance to take versus his previous demeanor.

R0ckman

I think that's just his personality and they way he talks. But he's right though, people fly off the handle without actually paying attention to what he was saying. And I agree with him about the cheese and people not getting the full experience. We had to get a guy from reddit for a fill in for a CE run last night, and the guy had no idea how to do the bridge section even though he completed CE numerous times. We spent 10 minutes explaining the mechanics to him and did it legit. The day the raid released it took us hours to learn the encounter ourselves, and nothing beats that. And come hard mode release, those people who only know the cheese are probably in for a rude awakening when they have to play the game legit.

I was actually surprised it took people hours to figure out how to get everyone across the bridge, that was a simple logic puzzle, the problem was figuring out what mechanically triggered completing that section of the raid and of course surviving it.

Top Bottom