• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LordofPwn

i'm so far behind in this thread... what have i missed these past few days? Any shenanigans? Is Nami still alive and getting ridiculous luck with legendary engrams? does Todd have Praxic fire yet? is Zoba still king of PVP? and does Fig's legend still live on?

Just bought a sword emblem from Eris. Wow that's really lame you can only buy 1!so I'm guessing same for shaders? Was going to buy for alts. Why?

Deku Tree

Agree with all of this. SM3DW is incredible, so much creativity and variety. As for the spoiler tag,
my wife is not a gamer but loves Cat Mario. We beat every level until that last one, but it wasn't going to happen unless I just did it for her which isn't fun. When 3DW came out I had to slave away awhile to finally beat it, Princess Peach helps a lot.

Tropical Freeze was GotY until Destiny fever got me. Although it's still my OST of the year, with Destiny in 2nd place by a narrow margin.

Yeah I just gave up after trying for a while.
I just couldn't make that long jump at the end of the disappearing beat platforms like ever...

What level 31 or 32 player needs ascendant shards anymore? After buying a few legendary weapons, energies can stockpile too if doing dailies or vault of glass.

I don't do dailies anymore. Nor do I do Vault of Glass. I would GLADLY do all dailies accross my 3 characters and VoG three times a week if I could use ascendant mats.
to have different armor for different play styles? Sometimes I want to run with a Hand Cannon, so I'd want to switch to gloves with reload speed. Ditto for AR's or Scouts, or even Int/Str/Dis stats to play with. Raid gear seems only necessary for raids and not much else. When you're rich with materials and still have the desire to play, that seems like the answer for sure.

I'd like to give a shout-out to iRawrsaurous for being an awesome Fireteam leader during the VoG raid last night. While I was quietly raging over my own stupidity, Rawr had a fantastic demeanor the entire time, explained everything to the new guys, and was really positive during the 2 hour raid.

Kudos to you, man. You deserve some praise.

blackflag

I don't find it hard to switch my Primaries and heavies when ammo is about to spawn. I usually use. TLW, HM, or vex, then when ammo is about to spawn i switch to thunderlord and Red Hand IX or something.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
So as someone new to the Fatebringer, what the hell is up with the outlaw perk? I'm guessing exploding rounds somehow cancels outlaw out? Or maybe it's the chain of woe perk I have equipped on my hunter. Either way, it was wildly inconsistent until I turned exploding rounds off.

And would someone let me know column by column what the de-facto standard perks people equip with this gun? I'm trying to get the most out of it.

I'd go Clash over Control to be honest. Control isn't bad, but if you go against a solid team that has good control point coverage, you'll struggle. Clash is a bit more freeform - just make sure you always head towards where your teammates are and you should be okay.

You may like the idea of Rumble for not needing teammates, but it's pretty darn tough out there alone.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

phen0m24

I'd like to give a shout-out to iRawrsaurous for being an awesome Fireteam leader during the VoG raid last night. While I was quietly raging over my own stupidity, Rawr had a fantastic demeanor the entire time, explained everything to the new guys, and was really positive during the 2 hour raid.

He is another shining example of awesome in this group.

bows to sensei

Is Child of Light worth whatever it would cost me to buy? So far my Vita is a PDP (Portable Destiny Player)

I liked it a lot. Interesting combat, beautiful dialogue and atmosphere

Yes. I think they made a concerted effort of bringing low quality exotics for this expansion as to avoid another Gjallarhorn, or another Suros and Vex in their early days before their nerfs.

As a result, almost no one uses the new weapon exotics except No Land Beyond masochists.

Well they could have balanced them instead of making them all pretty crappy. dragon's Breath seems like the DLC seller. It looks really cool. I'm sure most people never thought it would be as bad as it is

I think a lot of them are great, but once you have a top tier exotic like gjallerhorn/IB/Hawkmoon, you don't really need to use other ones. I think the emphasis is on the player to find new and interesting ways to use the exotics that they have. I'm really looking forward to using bad juju on my warlock once I level it. I think I'm going to have a raid/NF/weekly loadout that I use exclusively for that, but keep in the vault when I do bounties or ROC. Need to keep things fresh, since I've used my IB so much.

Since most of the time I'm playing low level stuff like patrols the weaker exotics are there to spice things up I guess. Keep things fresh

Irawr is really cool.

Continuing those lines, thanks to djblackice for letting me drop in the heroic Weekly last night. The lights saved the wipe.

hydruxo

I'm trying to get a group together tonight for a Flawless VoG run if anybody is down. I'm thinking around 8 PM EST? We can change the time a bit if need be.

1) hydruxo (PSN: hydruxxo) - Hunter
2) OPEN
3) OPEN
4) OPEN
5) OPEN
6) OPEN

raindoc

Thanks a lot raindoc. Got nothing but the anticipation is always nice.

Yeah, got nothing but ass mats and toilet paper myself - but earlier Roc dropped me a Monte Carlo (my first). I imagine it will run nicely with the new "claw" greaves I got for my warlock (melee recharge through weapon damage + second OHK warlock-melee).

Hehe absolutely. I may try some wacky stuff that's likely to end in death when it's my turn too :p

If you need any help let me know. I already know the sword well but I can help dropping shields or killing swordbearer or boomer duty so the guys trying the sword have it a little easier. Ive run CE up, down and sideways. Lev 32 Hunter.

realcZk

This is true for both of us.

You playing at all tonight? Any interest in getting a group together for VoG hard either fresh or from Gorgon CP?

ill be on at some point, down for gorgon checkpoint onward. i still need 3x crota at some point this week as well, and second chest

I'm trying to get a group together tonight for a Flawless VoG run if anybody is down. I'm thinking around 8 PM EST? We can change the time a bit if need be.

1) hydruxo (PSN: hydruxxo) - Hunter
2) OPEN
3) OPEN
4) OPEN
5) OPEN
6) OPEN

I might be able to do it. Put me down for it, but I'll PM you by 7 if I can't make it.

30 - Warlock
Kill_Deaf_Radio

SkylineRKR

I liked it a lot. Interesting combat, beautiful dialogue and atmosphere

Well they could have balanced them instead of making them all pretty crappy. dragon's Breath seems like the DLC seller. It looks really cool. I'm sure most people never thought it would be as bad as it is

My friend got Dragons Breath at day one and by inspecting it I saw it was shit right off the bat. Low velocity + no tracking just is a no go for me. I figure Solar flare could be good but never as good as Wolfpack.

As it stands, Dragon's Breath is worse than the Hezen Vengeance and Hunger of Crota Legendaries. And thats sad because I actually like it now that I have it. It just needs
Tracking, and perhaps longer solar DoT effect. Its so fucking slow that I missed Omnigul from point blank. I wanted to swap Gjallarhorn out for once but no, its not wise to do so.

Has anyone ever done any drop rate studies for getting exotics during Roc strikes? I think the only thing I've gotten is the Monte Carlo in 280 hours (total... not all strikes)

Atkison04

Oh ok that's good.. Few. Thanks! I'm only Eris rank 1 and barely 2 with my others. 1800 away from 4

I just focused on ranking up Eris with my main after a bit. You can buy all the class items, shaders, etc multiple times with one character. Except for emblems for some reason. That sunsetting shader is sick on my Titan. Hunter looks good too! I can't tell with the warlock because of the exotic chest pieces that don't change with shaders :/

ill be on at some point, down for gorgon checkpoint onward. i still need 3x crota at some point this week as well, and second chest

Word.

I need Crota 3x as well. I'm down for either. I don't have the Crota CP though. Only the second chest. I'm sure we could find some folks who want the chest and then can run with us as we take down that singing bitch and sCrota.

I'll be on normal time doing Eris bounties or ROC strikes (got an exotic from one earlier today when I ran a couple during lunch by the way) so just hit me up and we'll roll.

realcZk

Word.

I need Crota 3x as well. I'm down for either. I don't have the Crota CP though. Only the second chest. I'm sure we could find some folks who want the chest and then can run with us as we take down that singing bitch and sCrota.

I'll be on normal time doing Eris bounties or ROC strikes (got an exotic from one earlier today when I ran a couple during lunch by the way) so just hit me up and we'll roll.

xTHExSHEPx - Played 1 week ago for 14 minutes

rip in peace

I think it looks great on Female Warlocks.

My Warlock is male, I regretted it after a while!

I just focused on ranking up Eris with my main after a bit. You can buy all the class items, shaders, etc multiple times with one character. Except for emblems for some reason. That sunsetting shader is sick on my Titan. Hunter looks good too! I can't tell with the warlock because of the exotic chest pieces that don't change with shaders :/

Yea that's the same thing I did. Wish I did that to begin with. Managing 3 chars is tough with this DLC.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would love to get into Sword School at some point. It's awesome that you're still doing this stuff.

Is Sunday @ 9pm est the usual time for Sword School?
6:00PM EST you mean? Pretty sure I'm gonna make this the regular time, yeup.
If you need any help let me know. I already know the sword well but I can help dropping shields or killing swordbearer or boomer duty so the guys trying the sword have it a little easier. Ive run CE up, down and sideways. Lev 32 Hunter.
Thanks, I'll keep you in mind if anyone has to take off!

Midas

I just tried Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind in the first part of Crota's End. It's crazy how fast you get another super.

Top Bottom