• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I feel like they stack. Has there been any research on this? When I use FB on my Hunter, reloads feels just slightly longer than the time between shots.
Outlaw and Chain of Woe? I'm sure they do stack, but when you have a three-chain going there isn't much benefit to speeding it up any further for the vast majority of guns out there. Alternatively, depending on how quick a gun reloads without any CoW you could consider switching perks when using an Outlaw weapon.

Lol the buzz is out on the Rapier. Now everyone that dont like pvp to begin with is just cruising through matches getting easy rep/marks

Preciously the reason why there should be a way to exchange marks and ensure this doesn't happen.

I got pretty decent at PvP going for it and hope that is what most people do if they take on the grind. Versus lazyness and afk.

People will exploit no matter what.

Outlaw and Chain of Woe? I'm sure they do stack, but when you have a three-chain going there isn't much benefit to speeding it up any further for the vast majority of guns out there. Alternatively, depending on how quick a gun reloads without any CoW you could consider switching perks when using an Outlaw weapon.

Sure, sure. That would probably make the most sense, but I'm lazy, and would rather just keep CoW and Outlaw both on. That way, I have CoW at the ready for sniping or if I switch to VoC, and keep Outlaw on to not break Firefly. Then, I get the added benefit of the occasional crazy fast reload when everything is proc'ing at once.

mcfizzle4

You were right, there's no more to it. Explosive Rounds screw up Precision damage and shouldn't be used in most PvE contexts; on Fatebringer especially so.

Of course if you're running Chain of Woe Outlaw is a pretty useless perk in the first place.
I've been running outlaw with Fatebringer this entire time and didn't realize that. I will have to play with it because I really like the way it plays, especially on Crota's End. Thanks for the heads up.

I've realized that I have a hard time wanting to jump into crucible. Not because I don't enjoy, though. Rather because I don't like going in without being fully upgraded. Unfortunately, I really mean, FULLY upgraded. Which is dumb because a lot of the tail end upgrade literally mean nothing in Crucible.

I don't know why I can't get past the mental block.

It's not even that great!

Rumble is super boring but I don't have to rely on others. I wish I had a team.

vanguard vendor NITC is good too. Doesn't have firefly but it does have outlaw and 19 round clip which Is a lot better than 13. thinking maybe the larger magazine might be useful against Knights/wizards in hard Crota

Also wondering how something like a vanquisher stacks up against scout rifles in PVE. I know the precision Nerf on AR's sucks but wondering if they can still output decent DPS

Playing Crucible with GAF has definitely got me back into PvP. So much fun! I played 1 match solo last night on Blind Watch, Team Alpha, and THREE people capped A in the beginning. Sigh

LiK

Playing Crucible with GAF has definitely got me back into PvP. So much fun! I played 1 match solo last night on Blind Watch, Team Alpha, and THREE people capped A in the beginning. Sigh
Capping that point in the beginning is fine. It's after you cap the other points that makes it useless.

I also always cap the other points if we're losing by a large margin. Don't care if I piss you guys off lol

Feorax

Just solo'd the first two parts of CE with my 29 Bladedancer Hunter, who still rocks a blue helmet.

Man that raid is fucking broken...

Capping that point in the beginning is fine. It's after you cap the other points that makes it useless.

I also always cap the other points if we're losing by a large margin. Don't care if I piss you guys off lol

I guess. But the spawn difference helps somewhat when you don't have A. Also, there definitely shouldn't be 3 people capping it. 5 should go for C. Imo

SkylineRKR

Just solo'd the first two parts of CE with my 29 Bladedancer Hunter, who still rocks a blue helmet.

Yep. And the first part isn't even cheese really. Its just very easy to solo. They can fix that by placing two sync plates at the end you cannot leave.

But I dislike CE myself anyway, even legit. I stopped playing it except the boss fight (which I also don't enjoy, but it has good loot) after hitting 32.

I'm the same. But by teammates I mean randoms. Just can't believe how they're all pretty much idiots
Yup, pretty much what I meant. Playing with gaf is fine, win or lose. Playing skirmish with randoms is on another level of frustrating.

Yeah I cap A all the time at the beginning. After that I try to avoid it, but I see no reason to not cap it at the beginning.

I did it for my kid's 29 Warlock last week. It's a bit of a challenge when you only have blue guns. No Ice Breaker, no VoC, hell, he hasn't even leveled up what he has (that cool SR with the tiger on it).

So as someone new to the Fatebringer, what the hell is up with the outlaw perk? I'm guessing exploding rounds somehow cancels outlaw out? Or maybe it's the chain of woe perk I have equipped on my hunter. Either way, it was wildly inconsistent until I turned exploding rounds off.

And would someone let me know column by column what the de-facto standard perks people equip with this gun? I'm trying to get the most out of it.

Don't use explosive rounds. I use single point sling cause I like to play fast with hand cannons in PVE. Field scout is also useless cause a 12 round magazine is good and I never find myself needing more reserve ammo.

Outlaw + Firefly + single point sling is a lot of fun

gdt

Alrighty then. Looking for a fresh Crota run, No Cheese style. I'll be bringing my 31 warlock. Can be swordbearer.

Starting as soon as we have 6.

1. Gdt
2. HowDidIJustShootYou
3. JDawgTres

Top Bottom