• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

The only cheese I've used is the bridge because it is so god damn easy. It is so hard not to do it. Despawn and snipe. Like. Fuck. It's the cheesiest cheese that ever cheesed in all the land of cheese.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
323 isn't worth it. If you have the 300 version then yeah.

I think I'm going to make a new warlock and try and get in on some goodies before the patch. Just have to get to 20 and then I'm instantly 31.

SeanR1221

So my impressions playing tonight after not touching this game since early October.

- Shooting is still tight as ever
- engrams seem to have a bit more of a glow to them which is nice
- no more shitty materials for upgrading the lower stuff was really nice. I jumped from level 24 to 25 just spending some glimmer
- team speak in crucible is good to see
- no matchmaking on weekly strikes :( but I guess it's easy to find people here to pair up with

I can definitely see liking this more now.

Frostburn

I think I'm going to make a new warlock and try and get in on some goodies before the patch. Just have to get to 20 and then I'm instantly 31.

Dedicated! I'm still missing the CE helm and chest (have fully leveled exotics for both spots though I'd rather use an exotic chest) one day I'll get to 32!

Wait peoples Vex's obtained before that patch that made it 323 remained 300?

Frostburn

So my impressions playing tonight after not touching this game since early October.

- Shooting is still tight as ever
- engrams seem to have a bit more of a glow to them which is nice
- no more shitty materials for upgrading the lower stuff was really nice. I jumped from level 24 to 25 just spending some glimmer
- team speak in crucible is good to see
- no matchmaking on weekly strikes :( but I guess it's easy to find people here to pair up with

I can definitely see liking this more now.

Yeah post when you are on and team up with some Gaffers! It is most certainly the best way to play besides a full group of RL friends!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dedicated! I'm still missing the CE helm and chest (have fully leveled exotics for both spots though I'd rather use an exotic chest) one day I'll get to 32!

I can do it since I have a lot of free time, crappy weather and such these days, plus my other two characters are maxed out and so are my weapons. Other than helping people out not much else to do. Mind as well make another warlock since this warlock is not even 2 weeks old anyway and try one more time to get 2 raid gears I need.

Wait peoples Vex's obtained before that patch that made it 323 remained 300?

I thought wrong. Forgot old one got patched. I was thinking after the patch only new obtained ones were 323.

Dat 3.11 % difference is worth it ;)

I think you won't even see a difference until you are fighting against enemies of level 33 and up. The damage calculation should be the same for level 32 and below enemies regardless of whether it is 323 or 331, unless I misunderstand how the damage calculation workes.

I maxed mine with ass energy to 300 right before the patch and it went to 323 after

Ok cool. I hope if the Vex does get a 331 buff that it is done in the same way.

I honestly doubt it will be buffed like that. They would have mentioned it. The Vex is an exotic but an exclusively VoG one and they said Exotics.

hydruxo

Ok cool. I hope if the Vex does get a 331 buff that it is done in the same way.

I honestly doubt it will be buffed like that. They would have mentioned it. The Vex is an exotic but an exclusively VoG one and they said Exotics.
Yeah it's still dumb to me that it was 323 in the first place, because it was only the top dmg amount for just a few weeks until TDB came out. They should bump it up to 331.

Yeah it's still dumb to me that it was 323 in the first place, because it was only the top dmg amount for just a few weeks until TDB came out. They should bump it up to 331.

Bungie:

ilYpHqH.gif

Oops, derped hard last night. Quickly set up remote play so whilst I am away for work this weekend I can remote play in to buy something from Xur should he have a Hunter Helm. Totally forgot about actually doing the weekly strike so I would have enough coins for the Helm(have 10 currently). Highly doubt the internet on a mine site will work well enough to run a strike via remote play. Dammit.

Maybe so!

Atheon is kicking their asses right now, but they're starting to get their groove on. I predict 2-4 more wipes then success.

I think it will be a few more than 2-4, that section is very tricky for the uninitiated, but they will get it. It is fun watching newbies go through it and learn from their mistakes. It takes me back to my first time and feeling so lost.

GhaleonEB

I think it will be a few more than 2-4, that section is very tricky for the uninitiated, but they will get it. It is fun watching newbies go through it and learn from their mistakes. It takes me back to my first time and feeling so lost.

Yeah our first run we wiped a good 20 times. Everyone is learning their roles, which is fun to watch. They've gotten through 3 teleport/return cycles and had Atheon halfway down, which I think means they're getting over the hump.

Three wipes now. Yeah. It's going to be a while. :lol

(Which is unfortunate since her bedtime was an hour ago.)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I went with Sunsinger last time. If anybody played against me in SFIV, they would know I'm more about rushing down. Voidwalker it is.

Yeah our first run we wiped a good 20 times. Everyone is learning their roles, which is fun to watch. They've gotten through 3 teleport/return cycles and had Atheon halfway down, which I think means they're getting over the hump.

Haha, nice. How old is your daughter? I'm sure she'll have some bragging rights at school tomorrow when she takes him down.

Eh, this is more important than bed. One groggy day at school will be forgotten, but this will be cherished for a long time.

I know Hawkian likes to take the Relic, but letting others do it every time would be better at getting everyone "trained", plus his Ice Breaker is sorely needed during Times Vengeance.

Edit: Guess he's not gonna use Ice Breaker when given the chance.

M3Rocket

Going to do some glimmer farming in VoG. Fireteam is open. You can also join from party chat. PSN: MiniMe637

Thanx for letting me join. But I was not seeing any orbs? It would say you created orbs, but I couldn't see of pick up any. Did you see any of the ones I generated? That was really weird. I also had all my weapons on my alt since I thought we would just chain supers...

Sorry!

Thanx for letting me join. But I was not seeing any orbs? It would say you created orbs, but I couldn't see of pick up any. Did you see any of the ones I generated? That was really weird. I also had all my weapons on my alt since I thought we would just chain supers...

Sorry!

Weird, yeah I was seeing all of your orbs. No worries though. Topped back up on glimmer so all is good.

Top Bottom