• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

JTran2003

Damn it!!! Sorry flawless team for failing at the jumping puzzle. If it happens again I'm just gonna boot myself. I'm so ashamed...

ocean

Banned
DestinyGAF's official song: Please, please, please, let me get what I want. This is what Xûr uses as an alarm clock to wake up on Fridays and laugh at our broken dreams:

Good times for a change
see, the luck I've had
can make a good man
turn bad

So please please please
let me, let me, let me
let me get what I want
this time

Haven't had a dream in a long time
see, the life I've had
can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
let me get what I want
Lord knows it would be the first time

Just read the update, sounds good. The Ir Yut rewards should have been like that from the beginning. Also good that VoG rewards are updated, them still being at 300atk was silly.

Although seeing as how the anti-cheese patches broke the VoG for such a long time this could mean that CE could turn into a broken mess filled with bugs. People should probably try doing a Flawless CE run now before it is "fixed".

Just read the update, sounds good. The Ir Yut rewards should have been like that from the beginning.

Although seeing as how the anti-cheese patches broke the VoG for such a long time this could mean that CE could turn into a broken mess filled with bugs. People should probably try doing a Flawless CE run now before it is "fixed".

They basically added shards/energy which is fine. They moved the chance of exotic from 1sf chest to Ir Yut, and probably higher probability? Regardless that's pretty cool.

vog giving upgraded exotics is awesome too

Coconut

Banned
Zen Moment and Firefly... Pretty tight.

7wCoeL5.jpg

GhaleonEB

They beat it.

Nat now has 45 ascendant energy, and a new ugly shader. Pretty much what I got from my raid run.

Which is why I've never run it again. :\

Thanks for taking her through, Hawkian and crew!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
always feels so good to get that kill after getting closer and closer... reminds me of my first ever times running it. great group guys!

SnakeEyes

Banned
DestinyGAF's official song: Please, please, please, let me get what I want. This is what Xûr uses as an alarm clock to wake up on Fridays and laugh at our broken dreams:

Good times for a change
see, the luck I've had
can make a good man
turn bad

So please please please
let me, let me, let me
let me get what I want
this time

Haven't had a dream in a long time
see, the life I've had
can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
let me get what I want
Also known as "Ode to the Praxic Heart", and Todd and I sing it like Carolers.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL. Just started my new Warlock. Got Husk on very first Crota wannabe kill. Didn't even know I had it till I checked inventory.

ibujCMWwLoVamz.png

They beat it.

Nat now has 45 ascendant energy, and a new ugly shader. Pretty much what I got from my raid run.

Which is why I've never run it again. :

Good on her! I was contemplating getting my oldest son in on this, but had a feeling it may run past his bedtime. Hawkian deserves gaf gold.

Edit...I hope you haven't sworn off raiding. A good raid is fun even if you don't get any loot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They beat it.

*shrug*

when you're in a group that knows it well, it's well under an hour and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. but if you didn't enjoy it otherwise it's not worth it either way of course.

Frenden

Banned
You guys know of my weird schedule and raid woes, but I did my first VoG (after getting to 31 on all three classes and 400+ hours with nearly every exotic in the game) last week.

We beat Atheon on our first try with one guy who was experienced and the rest of us having done it, max, one time before. And we dragged a level 25 Xmas guardian with us to boot.

I had a blast. I could still probably use some tutelage from Hawk's noob group though.

GhaleonEB

*shrug*

when you're in a group that knows it well, it's well under an hour and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. but if you didn't enjoy it otherwise it's not worth it either way of course.

She had fun (chatting with her now) and will surely be up for running it again, or jumping in to help with checkpoints. I probably won't run it again, though. It was kinda satisfying to clear but...dunno. The sense of completion and lack of reward combined to leave me feeling I had my share of the raid. I did it, don't want to go back.

I'll try Crota's end sometime though. I'm 30 now.

They beat it.

Nice, saw them finally get it.

Chatterwhite is far from ugly. Best shader by far. So many gear sets look great with it.

I see you don't feel like running the Raid again, and I don't blame you, but it's actually worth your time to grab a Gorgon checkpoint for the Exotic Chest each week from someone around here offering it. Takes minutes to get a free roll. Also, jumping in on an Atheon checkpoint with an experienced crew takes minutes for another shot at Exotics and the Vex with Hard mode.

SnakeEyes

Banned
She had fun (chatting with her now) and will surely be up for running it again, or jumping in to help with checkpoints. I probably won't run it again, though. It was kinda satisfying to clear but...dunno. The sense of completion and lack of reward combined to leave me feeling I had my share of the raid. I did it, don't want to go back.

I'll try Crota's end sometime though. I'm 30 now.
That's RNG for you. Better luck next time.

traveler

Not Wario
Thanks again for the run Hawk and crew! (grayfour here) Had a great time and particularly enjoyed the chain revive templar strat.

Final haul from my first raid:
?? x assmats. (used during the raid to upgrade murmur and a chest, so dont remember exactly what I got)
Praedyth's Revenge
Chatterwhite
Atheon's Epilogue
Hard Light

Not sure how much use the legendaries will be now, but I'm satisfied. Hard Light can be upgraded and I'm set for void burn now whereas I had zero void weapons before. Came for the encounters anyway, which were, as expected, the best pve content in the game I've played. Looking forward to tackling CE either this weekend or whenever a newbie run happens that I can get in on.

Edit: And thanks again for rescheduling the raid. I got home at 5:52 PST, so 6 worked out just fine. Sorry we kept you to midnight east coasters!

E92 M3

Just got Flawless on Crota as swordbearer! It was so scary and my hands were shaking. When we started the battle a fucking gate keeper jumped down! He disappeared later on. It was scary as shit but we did. Using sword for Flawless is so stressful. Tons of pressure.

Koro will post the video later.

So besides the weekly strike, what's the best way to earn vanguard points? Bounties or regular strikes?

Do you mean Vanguard Reputation or Vanguard Marks.

Outside Nightfall and Heroic Weekly.

Bounties are best for reputation, focus on 100 rep over the 50. Then I would just run ROC playlist.

For marks. ROC playlist by far, 6 per run.

Note: Always run Nightfall first. You get a ~25% Reputation bonus for all other activities that week until next reset.

Just got Flawless on Crota as swordbearer! It was so scary and my hands were shaking. When we started the battle a fucking gate keeper jumped down! He disappeared later on. It was scary as shit but we did. Using sword for Flawless is so stressful. Tons of pressure.

How did you guys do the Deathsinger part?

purg3

slept with Malkin

Craziest shit I've seen in this game. Still can't believe we got flawless raider after that. Awesome run.

Thanks again for the run Hawk and crew! (grayfour here) Had a great time and particularly enjoyed the chain revive templar strat.

Final haul from my first raid:
?? x assmats. (used during the raid to upgrade murmur and a chest, so dont remember exactly what I got)
Praedyth's Revenge
Chatterwhite
Atheon's Epilogue
Hard Light

Not sure how much use the legendaries will be now, but I'm satisfied. Hard Light can be upgraded and I'm set for void burn now whereas I had zero void weapons before. Came for the encounters anyway, which were, as expected, the best pve content in the game I've played. Looking forward to tackling CE either this weekend or whenever a newbie run happens that I can get in on.

Nice drops. The VoG weapons are worth keeping around.

AE is great for Voidburn and will be useful for completing the Thorn bounty. Praedyth's Revenge too. It is kinda like a Sniper/Scout crossover. High fire rate, lower impact for a sniper. Fast reload.

Top Bottom