• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

How did you guys do the Deathsinger part?

Systematically - split up into groups of 3. Each side took care of wizard/shrieker and then we gathered on left took care of the wizard with rockets and all. After that it was clean up.

Craziest shit I've seen in this game. Still can't believe we got flawless raider after that. Awesome run.

Yeah, talk about crazy last minute save with blinding the gate keeper.

traveler

Not Wario
Nat did a great job with the relic on Atheon. I was kinda relieved that every time I got ported her or Hawkian was there to take it and run it competently. I definitely feel like that was my weakest of the 3 "roles" in the Atheon fight- Oracle killers, gate openers, and relic bearer.

Korosenai

Just got Flawless on Crota as swordbearer! It was so scary and my hands were shaking. When we started the battle a fucking gate keeper jumped down! He disappeared later on. It was scary as shit but we did. Using sword for Flawless is so stressful. Tons of pressure.

Koro will post the video later.

Craziest shit I've seen in this game. Still can't believe we got flawless raider after that. Awesome run.

Here it is from my perspective.

http://xboxclips.com/Korosenai/a47e1f7b-e071-4f46-a917-4f980af7e7f9

I'm just chilling, shooting thralls. Homeboyd starts yelling out "Gatekeeper, Gatekeeper!", and then I turned around to that. Pretty crazy, and i've never seen that happen before.

Rixa

Hi.

Iam Miss Cricket
I came from the Moon... Erm sorry
I came from the planet Cytherian
Iam a member of Bug Clan
We like to bloom

Cythbloom2.PNG

Cythbloom3.PNG
Yesterday got another raid helmet for Sunbro, now I can get my 2nd char to 32, when I get enough shards. Also got Light of Abyss.

jadedm17

For those in my Vault group wondering, I did jump up and do a dance when I got Mythoclast: After getting Fatebringer prior it was the immediate reaction my body came to. Tonight was a great night, great job guys.

The Atheon fight is such a glitchy mess. This is why I have no problem with cheesing these pathetic raids.

That's been my thought for a while now but I've started to enjoy legit runs far more. Glitches are bullshit though, respect to those who've flawless raided.

E92 M3

I'm just chilling, shooting thralls. Homeboyd starts yelling out "Gatekeeper, Gatekeeper!", and then I turned around to that. Pretty crazy, and i've never seen that happen before.

I was ready to get the sword and kill him. We had no other option otherwise lol.

Wow Hahaha good thing for bubble! Congrats

That bubble was a life saver and gave us time to react to this anomaly!

oSoLucky

Crota kills today:

Warlock - The Last Word

Titan - Hunger of Crota, Icebreaker

Hunter - Hunger of Crota, The Last Word

I ain't even mad.

Karl2177

WTF, a gatekeeper jumped down when we were fighting crota...

Just got Flawless on Crota as swordbearer! It was so scary and my hands were shaking. When we started the battle a fucking gate keeper jumped down! He disappeared later on. It was scary as shit but we did. Using sword for Flawless is so stressful. Tons of pressure.

Koro will post the video later.

My perspective isn't as interesting, mostly because the group I normally run with confuses the names of Gatekeeper, Swordbearer, and Swordbreaker. So I didn't think there would be a blue invincible dude behind us lol. That was an awesome run though. Now I only have the Salvage achievement left.

http://xboxclips.com/Karl2177/83081c30-bdf7-4e79-a5dc-f36a2f208b9e

Goddammit.

I really need help on the level 24 weekly strike. I'm stuck against the tank by myself. Somebody join in and help me take this fucker outsnn

Psn

Cminuswarrior

Someone headshotted me at really insane range with TLW more than once. I thought it had pretty limited range. Wrong to think so?

Pfffff. I think even at mid range (like a little less than length from the heavy ammo spawn to point C on Shores of Time) it destroys. You just can't fire it in auto like you can up close but ignoring it's ROF and treating it like a normal HC you can easily pop people like normal HCs.

I have probably over a thousand kills with it and running it with a sniper or a fusion rifle for smaller maps I have never felt like I was truly screwed at any range (outside super up close against a dude with FV lol).

Really, you're biggest threats are dudes with shotguns and snipers with a bead on you. Once you get the hang of the gun I feel like very little can compete with it and the versatility it offers.

Cruxist

Still no Black Hammer from Crota. Crota, pls.

But I did have my group drag my poor under-leveled 27 through the first 2 parts of the raid and I got boots, instantly shot him up to 28. And tomorrow I will be able to finish the Urn quest on him and get the arms. Just need a DLC chest and I'll be ready to actually run the raid and not just be dragged through!

SeanR1221

Do you mean Vanguard Reputation or Vanguard Marks.

Outside Nightfall and Heroic Weekly.

Bounties are best for reputation, focus on 100 rep over the 50. Then I would just run ROC playlist.

For marks. ROC playlist by far, 6 per run.

Note: Always run Nightfall first. You get a ~25% Reputation bonus for all other activities that week until next reset.

Got it. Excuse my ignorance, what an ROC playlist?

Jinjo

Crota kills today:

Warlock - The Last Word

Titan - Hunger of Crota, Icebreaker

Hunter - Hunger of Crota, The Last Word

I ain't even mad.

I am lol.

I want that Hunger of Crota so badly. Second dud week in a row for me. Only upside was the warlock helmet.

Great weekly update by Urk, short and straight to the point. Good fixes too. We all knew that stuff had to change quickly. The cheese tasted nice while it lasted, curious to the hard mode additions.

So.... Mythoclast is also going to be 331 attack (or more?) in VoG now? So there is a Xur upgrade? Or am I guessing too much? Someone should ask Urk on twitter or something.

GhaleonEB

Nice, saw them finally get it.

Chatterwhite is far from ugly. Best shader by far. So many gear sets look great with it.

I see you don't feel like running the Raid again, and I don't blame you, but it's actually worth your time to grab a Gorgon checkpoint for the Exotic Chest each week from someone around here offering it. Takes minutes to get a free roll. Also, jumping in on an Atheon checkpoint with an experienced crew takes minutes for another shot at Exotics and the Vex with Hard mode.

Yeah, I guess I can jump into checkpoints, but...I didn't really enjoy the mechanics involved enough to want to. I'm not into farming stuff; I'll never play anything just for the loot. (I don't even go for the CE solo chest on my character, and it's free.) With Destiny I pick from activities that have different fun/challenge/reward ratios. The raid was sorta fun, hugely challenging and a big blank for the reward; as was said, that's RNG for you.

The strikes/nightfalls/weekly/daily story missions I find very fun, moderately challenging and with merely decent, but generally predictable rewards. Crucially, they are that way every time - but with the added perk of some really great loot every now and then. That's a sweeter balance for me (patrols/bounties when I feel like doing more relaxed stuff). So I know going into it that I'll both have fun and be able to progress in some way. Neither are a sure thing in the raid and so I haven't felt the draw to go back. Rolling RNG like that just isn't for me.

E92 M3

For those in my Vault group wondering, I did jump up and do a dance when I got Mythoclast: After getting Fatebringer prior it was the immediate reaction my body came to. Tonight was a great night, great job guys.

That's been my thought for a while now but I've started to enjoy legit runs far more. Glitches are bullshit though, respect to those who've flawless raided.

I didn't get Fatebringer for the millionth time but my sadness has been subdued a little. Just a little lol.

My perspective isn't as interesting, mostly because the group I normally run with confuses the names of Gatekeeper, Swordbearer, and Swordbreaker. So I didn't think there would be a blue invincible dude behind us lol. That was an awesome run though. Now I only have the Salvage achievement left.

http://xboxclips.com/Karl2177/83081c30-bdf7-4e79-a5dc-f36a2f208b9e

I was like "wtf, really?" Hard to understand what the hell that guy was doing there in the heat of the moment.

lol. Fuckin Bungie. Trying to stop a flawless raider run with that bullshit!

GG

That's true, Bungie did throw shit us lol.

E92 M3

I'd want to buy a Thunderlord. Been cheapening out on upgrading it. Also, I want heavy ammo from Xur, it's a such a good deal.

Got it. Excuse my ignorance, what an ROC playlist?

Not sure what level you are, but level 20+ has a bunch of Vanguard Strike playlists to earn rep and marks. It is accessed from the orbit menu. The highest level is called ROC for some reason. Lvl26.

Yeah, I guess I can jump into checkpoints, but...I didn't really enjoy the mechanics involved enough to want to. I'm not into farming stuff; I'll never play anything just for the loot. (I don't even go for the CE solo chest on my character, and it's free.) With Destiny I pick from activities that have different fun/challenge/reward ratios. The raid was sorta fun, hugely challenging and a big blank for the reward; as was said, that's RNG for you.

The strikes/nightfalls/weekly/daily story missions I find very fun, moderately challenging and with merely decent, but generally predictable rewards. Crucially, they are that way every time - but with the added perk of some really great loot every now and then. That's a sweeter balance for me (patrols/bounties when I feel like doing more relaxed stuff). So I know going into it that I'll both have fun and be able to progress in some way. Neither are a sure thing in the raid and so I haven't felt the draw to go back. Rolling RNG like that just isn't for me.

Honestly, not a bad way to play it. Much less stressful. I am in it for the loot, but don't play it as much as I need to for more rolls and top rewards. The lust for loot is what drives me and also makes me hate the game and want to quit as I get disappointment after disappointment, but can't quit because I can't let a weekly roll go by without trying it. I play because I am addicted, not necessarily because I am having fun.

traveler

Not Wario
Looking for any number of things from Zur. The usual suspects- Gjallerhorn, Hawkmoon- although Plan C, Thunderlord, Icebreaker, or Suros would be nice as well.

Collection of 331 Vanguard/Faction/Crucible Weapons

-The Saterienne Rapier
-Vanquisher VIII
-The Devil You Don't
-Secret Handshake
-Another NITC
-Badger CCL
-Payback SOS
-MG18A Harm's Way
-LDR 5001
-The Chance
-Prudence II
-Plug One.1
-The Culling
-Y-09 Longbow Synthesis
-The Trolley Problem

I have some with one of each burn, different perks and more.

Most Wanted
1. The Calling
2. Venetian III
3. TFWPKY 1969

What others are worth buying or earning?

ocean

Banned

That's a very sound posture. Vault of Glass could be extremely frustrating with its drops. Croatia's End at least guarantees every other run will give you armor/weapons though so you might want to consider giving it a shot :)

Collection of 331 Vanguard/Faction/Crucible Weapons

-The Saterienne Rapier
-Vanquisher VIII
-The Devil You Don't
-Secret Handshake
-Another NITC
-Badger CCL
-Payback SOS
-MG18A Harm's Way
-LDR 5001
-The Chance
-Prudence II
-Plug One.1
-The Culling
-Y-09 Longbow Synthesis
-The Trolley Problem

I have some with one of each burn, different perks and more.

Most Wanted
1. The Calling
2. Venetian III
3. TFWPKY 1969

What others are worth buying or earning?

That is quite the haul. Why do you want the others so much, completion? I can't imagine getting enough use out of so many to be worth it. Also, where are you storing this crap, you have tons of exotics too I presume.

Top Bottom