• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Navid

Collection of 331 Vanguard/Faction/Crucible Weapons
Where do you keep all this stuff..? :p

Personally now finding I'm starting to struggle for room in terms of weapons, my vault is pretty much filled with the exotics I don't carry and each character now seems to have 5-7 weapons in each category and I don't even have the DLC.

JTran2003

It might not happen tonight, but we WILL get that Flawless trophy eventually.

Sorry about failing you guys at the jumping puzzle. Practiced it so many times but my nerves got to me. If you guys still need me to help I will be glad to. Really hoping to get that trophy as well.

Did end up getting 2 red deaths, one at gorgon cp on normal and one at end of crota raid so that was cool. One of them is 300 max and the other is 331 max.

Sorry about failing you guys at the jumping puzzle. Practiced it so many times but my nerves got to me. If you guys still need me to help I will be glad to. Really hoping to get that trophy as well.

Oh I understand the nerves. That part is nerve-wracking.

Though I'm interested in trying CE again this weekend. Much less stressful.

subrock

Can anyone help me with summoning puts on epic? There's no chance I can do this on my own. I'm online for another hour or so.

Psn: iSubrock

Rixa

As for the CE killing Crota, is there a reason to do it from upstairs?

Our team does it always from the below (where you spawn at singer part) and when the Ogres come we backtrack to end of hall and kill Ogres from there.

As for the CE killing Crota, is there a reason to do it from upstairs?

Our team does it always from the below (where you spawn at singer part) and when the Ogres come we backtrack to end of hall and kill Ogres from there.

I think it's because you're already closer to Crota, so you have a bit more time before the sword expires, and it let's you kill the boomers so the Swordbearer doesn't have to worry about them.

Rixa

I think it's because you're already closer to Crota, so you have a bit more time before the sword expires, and it let's you kill the boomers so the Swordbearer doesn't have to worry about them.

Ah yeah I see. We have 2 dedicated snipers that kill those Knighties from stairs (left or right, so that Crota cant see them).

SkylineRKR

You can perfectly kill boomers from outside the entrance below. Just stand at both the left and right wall and snipe. We always do the fight from there, when SB is coming we push forward and kill him close to Crota anyway. Relic carrier is mostly roaming around to scout.

Homeboyd

How does one go about obtaining this fabled weapon?
Kill swordbearers in the fist of crota or in patrol.

Made a third character yesterday and got a husk on literally the first swordbearer I killed with it. Other character took probably 100+ kills before I got one and then got another one on the very next kill again. Fuckin RNG.

Did end up getting 2 red deaths, one at gorgon cp on normal and one at end of crota raid so that was cool. One of them is 300 max and the other is 331 max.

Don't worry about it. Could've made it the very first run if I didn't do the same.

We'll get it this weekend.

LordofPwn

Stupid grimoire didn't give me my 5 points for Kills as Hunter in crucible rank 3. Would have been tied with Bougester in-game... But I did find out that according to destiny tracker my grimoire is higher by 5. Bungie why you no good math!?

ocean

Banned
Kill swordbearers in the fist of crota or in patrol.

Made a third character yesterday and got a husk on literally the first swordbearer I killed with it. Other character took probably 100+ kills before I got one and then got another one on the very next kill again. Fuckin RNG.

I was doing story missions with my little brother yesterday. His level 11 Hunter got Husk of the Pit from the third or fourth mission you do on Earth (The Last Array) from a regular ass Knight. Wasn't even a sword bearer. He was like oh cool I got something that looks weird! And it's got better attack than my old one. I inspect and see the Husk and commit Guardian suicide with my grenades because after weeks trying I still don't have it.

hydruxo

Good runs everyone who helped with flawless tonight! Thanks to the guys who jumped in at one point or another too.

We blazed past all the actual encounters with no problem at all, just a few minor slip ups at the jumping puzzle. We'll definitely get it done this weekend, no doubt about it.

Derpyduck

Banned
I hate the PVP in this game but I did it the past two weeks in order to save up 150 marks for The Chance from Future War Cult. Hit 150 marks tonight, turned in my blue engrams, which moved me up a level with the Cryptarch and in my reward I got a different version of The Chance. It has much better perks imo, but is missing the one that bumps the maximum ammo capacity. Does anyone know how much ammo that perk adds on the version sold by FWC? If it's just one more bullet, I think I'll just keep the version I got tonight and spend the marks on arms from FWC that increase the reload speed of hand cannons. Thanks.

Crota's End may not have as many bugs as VoG, but it does have a few known ones.

I find it funny that the update addresses every known Cheese method, but fails to address any of the bug's. Par for the course.

Cheese? "That's not how it's intended"
Bugs? "Nothing to see, move along"

Homeboyd

LordofPwn

Crota's End may not have as many bugs as VoG, but it does have a few known ones.

I find it funny that the update addresses every known Cheese method, but fails to address any of the bug's. Par for the course.

They fixed that death singer no loot bug and bug that prevents shriekers from spawning

As for disappearing swords, it's probably a memory issue and you can only blame PS360 for that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Actually at level 10 there are better weapons. Namely the DLC vanguard weapons. Once you hit 16, a maxed Stranger's Rifle from previous characters will be your best friend until 20 when you get to go SSJ.

I'm already level 8 and I just started. That's good time for me. Should be 20 before the end of the day tomorrow. Public events and Eris bounties help out with new characters. I leveled up to 6 before the first mission was even over.

Someone on Bungie.net is doing a Gorgon checkpoint giveaway and using it to collect data.

So far 510 guardians have come away with 26 Exotics, or 4.9%. :/

Edit: I guess he is done now.

Rixa

Actually at level 10 there are better weapons. Namely the DLC vanguard weapons. Once you hit 16, a maxed Stranger's Rifle from previous characters will be your best friend until 20 when you get to go SSJ.

I'm already level 8 and I just started. That's good time for me. Should be 20 before the end of the day tomorrow. Public events and Eris bounties help out with new characters. I leveled up to 6 before the first mission was even over.

Suckiest part is the story.

Why in the world they couldnt make it voluntary?
For you alt you have all the places open (if you have opened them from your main char), you can do the quest to gain exp or you can level by other ways.

So simple and so hard for Bungie. Also those cutscenes

There is the dead guardian...

VoG still has tons of frequent and incredibly annoying bugs. It took me over a month to get flawless due to a bug on the Templar where it permanently detains someone. Once you encounter it, you're SoL until the weekly reset, making it impossible to get flawless for a set length of time.

I strongly suspect it's not a bug but yet another cap to limit how many times you can go for flawless. The majority of the flawless folks never encountered it because they got flawless before the Templar DoT exploit was patched - i.e. they were never detained because they never had to take the shield down.

Over a month of testing and we found it happens after ~8 deaths or resets, and can be reproduced on demand to date. There's plenty of videos and complaints about the issue, but Bungie has not even acknowledged it.

Rixa

VoG still has tons of frequent and incredibly annoying bugs. It took me over a month to get flawless due to a bug on the Templar where it permanently detains someone. Once you encounter it, you're SoL until the weekly reset, making it impossible to get flawless for a set length of time.

As for bugs.
I took this pic 17.12.14. The chest is after you have killed Templar.
Mfn2.PNG
Was kinda hard run in tunnels with that green ooze around.

Shito

*wakes up*
*reads update*
Ooooooh, I really thought I would have another week of CE soloing! ^^
Oh well, it had to happen, and apparently I was right to buy Don't Touch Me last week...

Also, IB again?
And still no word at all about Queen's Wrath?
Come on Bungie, at least tell us it's still in the oven!

They fixed that death singer no loot bug and bug that prevents shriekers from spawning

As for disappearing swords, it's probably a memory issue and you can only blame PS360 for that.
The deathsinger not having loot was not a bug. It was intended, as shown by the reward steps counter on their site / companion app.
What they did was just getting rid of the first chest, and affecting its reward to the deathsinger phase.
Actually, it's quite a clever fix.

Interesting video on ROC playlist drop rates.

It's a lot longer than it needs to be to get the message across. Everyone knows you get guaranteed engrams and a crap ton of blues.

Main takeaway. Legendary Engrams have 10% chance to drop as strike reward. Exotics have 1% chance. Lots more stats on everything else in the video.

Top Bottom