• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

kidko

j0268.jpg

a Roc is a giant eagle. Dunno why they had to go so mythical all of a sudden with the animal playlist names after Tiger.

Better than calling it Mavericks

Heeeeeyo

The deathsinger not having loot was not a bug. It was intended, as shown by the reward steps counter on their site / companion app.
What they did was just getting rid of the first chest, and affecting its reward to the deathsinger phase.
Actually, it's quite a clever fix.

First chest will still be there. Only drops RadMats now. Deathsinger gets the Pit chest's original roll (or something similar).

Not sure if I can make a cheese run before patch hits or not.

Shito

First chest will still be there. Only drops RadMats now. Deathsinger gets the Pit chest's original roll (or something similar).

Not sure if I can make a cheese run before patch hits or not.
Ah yeah, you're right, didn't see that second line about the chest staying here but only dropping mats!
So, it'll be just like VoG: first chest being easily cheesable for mats. ^^

hydruxo

If the patch doesn't hit right at Tuesday reset (which it likely won't) I guess that means we'd get an extra roll for exotics with the Deathsinger having drops now too. Hit the first chest before the patch, then do Deathsinger & Crota afterwards.

Rixa

you guys all finnish? i have a few non gaffer buddies and they would love to do some raids without having to speak english :D
Yea, we are all Finnish. This is our normal raid group.

If the patch doesn't hit right at Tuesday reset (which it likely won't) I guess that means we'd get an extra roll for exotics with the Deathsinger having drops now too. Hit the first chest before the patch, then do Deathsinger & Crota afterwards.

Huh. I never thought about that.

New Crota one time cheese(tm).

Jinjo

Don't count on it. They'll likely correct for this.

As much as they should fix the raid it's a bit of a nuisance as being able to get a consistent raid team together for 3 raids a week is a bit of a drag.

Oh well, took a couple of my friends new to the game through the normal VoG raid last night got praedyths revenge, VoC and red death.

Then killed Crota and got another Hard Light as well as his lmg.

Unusually profitable evening.

raindoc

quiet old, but still:

Anyone have a HM Gorgon CP in VOG? Or killing Atheon?

Trying use all my exotic chances.

I've got VoG HM Oracles and Gorgons checkpoints on my alts that I can share - either now, very quickly, or in ~2 hours after I finished the first set of double bounties on my main. Actually I'd like to do Templar & Atheon later on myself.

As much as they should fix the raid it's a bit of a nuisance as being able to get a consistent raid team together for 3 raids a week is a bit of a drag.

Oh well, took a couple of my friends new to the game through the normal VoG raid last night got praedyths revenge, VoC and red death.

Then killed Crota and got another Hard Light as well as his lmg.

Unusually profitable evening.

It is a pain, but as time goes on and everyone is proficient, the Raids go pretty quick and you can knock them out in one sitting.

Nice drops for a reset. My day is coming...

Just saw the new anti-CE-cheese update, good stuff. Might add a smidge extra time to reset raids but cheesing bridge vs. legit and skipping DSinger didn't save much time. DS takes <3 minutes and DS and bridge are so easy there won't really be any wiping anyway. Glad they patched that Crota disconnect BS.

IHaveIce

Banned
How easy is it to get to the mats chests in the raids? I'm 28 never did a full raid and need mats and even better would be armor/weapons but could settle for mats

patch? what have I missed

How easy is it to get to the mats chests in the raids? I'm 28 never did a full raid and need mats and even better would be armor/weapons but could settle for mats

Since you are Lv28 I'm guessing you mean ascendant mats and not radiant mats (VoG, not CE). I have a check point for VoG where you can grab two chests on as many characters as you have (sounds like only 1). PSN is DrDrizzay101, let me know if you want them I can load it up and show you where they are.

Hard light upgrade would be nice. Heavy ammo. Helmet engram. TLW, TL, GH comeonnnnnn plzzzz!!

HL upgrade is reasonable to expect, heavy synth and engram too since they weren't here last week. TLord maybe but I'm doubtful, TLW was already sold but who knows. GH... well I think we know about that one.

Just saw the new anti-CE-cheese update, good stuff. Might add a smidge extra time to reset raids but cheesing bridge vs. legit and skipping DSinger didn't save much time. DS takes <3 minutes and DS and bridge are so easy there won't really be any wiping anyway. Glad they patched that Crota disconnect BS.

The disconnect actually takes longer. You have to wait several minutes for them to load back in and even then, if you are with scrubs they still wipe.

I have very few Crota clears, but a competent team can beat it legit way faster than the disconnect cheese.

Steroyd

Nice a reason to do the deathsinger, I remember when we first did it, and everyone thought it was a bug when there was no reward.

Lulz at the other bugs getting fixed, at least they were quicker about it then the Templar cheese.

Also the 3v3 maps being phased into control and clash going to be as much a clusterfuck as the Cauldron me likes.

Nuszka

Things I want from xur : helm of saint 14 , obsidian mind (in my dreams), upgrades for bad juju and skull of dire amakhara or however you spell it . There is nothing else I want from the game at this stage what can be purchased from our weekend vendor.

Nice a reason to do the deathsinger, I remember when we first did it, and everyone thought it was a bug when there was no reward.

Lulz at the other bugs getting fixed, at least they were quicker about it then the Templar cheese.

Also the 3v3 maps being phased into control and clash going to be as much a clusterfuck as the Cauldron me likes.

Yeah, I'm excited for the new map additions just for the variety but seriously average life time in those matches is going to be short. 12 people with 3 control points on burning shrine? Umm... ok.

DSinger loot is nice just so we don't have to bother saving CPs etc., just run it straight through 3x.

The disconnect actually takes longer. You have to wait several minutes for them to load back in and even then, if you are with scrubs they still wipe.

I have very few Crota clears, but a competent team can beat it legit way faster than the disconnect cheese.

Yeah, w/ Lv32 sword you never see the Ogres. Each kill is like 3-4 minutes tops.

ocean

Banned
I think the best case scenario would be him selling Thunderlord, which is one of the very few vanilla Exotics he's never sold. We can probably all agree he's never gonna sell the Horn again. Let's just accept that.

Midas

I think the best case scenario would be him selling Thunderlord, which is one of the very few vanilla Exotics he's never sold. We can probably all agree he's never gonna sell the Horn again. Let's just accept that.

I agree. I just hope it's something I don't have. I have over 360 coins just sitting there. Nothing to spend them on.

ocean

Banned
Man, as much as I love using my hand cannons, sometimes it feels nice just to sick back and use an assault rifle once in a while.
I ignored Hand Cannons until December after playing every day since launch. I tried then a little bit never got them to click. I upgraded my Fatebringer by feeding it bounties but never really used it.

Once I gave it a serious try, everything changed. Haven't been able to use another weapon type again other than very specific scenarios. One-shotting with my primary is the only way to roll.

IHaveIce

Banned
Since you are Lv28 I'm guessing you mean ascendant mats and not radiant mats (VoG, not CE). I have a check point for VoG where you can grab two chests on as many characters as you have (sounds like only 1). PSN is DrDrizzay101, let me know if you want them I can load it up and show you where they are.

HL upgrade is reasonable to expect, heavy synth and engram too since they weren't here last week. TLord maybe but I'm doubtful, TLW was already sold but who knows. GH... well I think we know about that one.
Sadly I'm on Xbox though :( thanks anyways

Carn82

I only need to upgrade Plan C, then everything is up to snuff regarding weapons. Might just buy some gear for my Titan-alt ;o

Oh. Oh my.

Hard Mode for Crota’s End is going through the final few stages of deployment. It’s almost ready. As soon as we have a concrete date to share, we’ll set it in stone so you can assemble your crew for that first run

I'm listening....

The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.

!!!!

Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.

tumblr_inline_ml5vchoIt01rhuifv.gif

Top Bottom