• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Midas

Xur is a manifestation of everything wrong with this game.

It started off well enough. The first couple weeks its "Wow, an Exotic Vendor. So COOL!"

Now, it's just a weekly "WTF Xur, why won't you bring XYZ"

He's not really for us. He's for the guys who play more seldom than we do. Some people still think "Wow, an Exotic Vendor. So COOL!". So it's nice for them. :)

Xurs usefulness is perspective, if you're there every week he really covers a variety so I don't get what the complaining is about? I have a warlock chest, I have my weapons upgraded.... I don't have a last word, I don't have heavy ammo synths.... He's not gonna answer all your problems.

Shrug, people bitch too much.

Xur is like opinions :D But yeah, his usefulness is totally time dependant on how much time you've spent in the game and also RNG heavy like the rest of the game.

ReNeGaDe124

Does anyone have a gatekeeper glimmer farm checkpoint they can share with me? I want to do it with my team later and the checkpoint would really help us. Thanks in advance!

Add me on PS4 if you can help: ReNeGaDe124

darthbob

Weren't exotic engrams a weekly occurrence for a while? I don't remember there being any gaps.

They used to be, now they're not. :'(

It picks 2 Exotics of each type every week. There are only 3 Heavy Exotics to choose from so Gjallarhorn has a 66% chance for being in Upgrade each week.

This is assuming that Xûr's stock is randomly selected and not chosen by Bungie. I lean towards the latter.

Jinjo

Need to upgrade my Ice Breaker sooner rather than later. Could really do with that being an option next week.

If I'm thinking of switching my baby Titan's subclass to Defender, there's really no reason to get todays Helm, right?

Helm of Inmost Light should be your Striker helm of choice.

So no, unless you have coins to spare and like to run an extended lightning grenade/fist of havoc field build in PvP and still want to use transfusion for shoulder charge and melee.

It picks 2 Exotics of each type every week. There are only 3 Heavy Exotics to choose from so Gjallarhorn has a 66% chance for being in Upgrade each week.

That's not true. Xur has had three primary upgrades a few times I think, or only one heavy upgrade.

Edit: Actually, this week disproves that statement too.

Well not a total loss with Heavy Ammo on sale. I think I'll do the Heroic twice and use all those coins to buy some.

Anyone on PS4 up for two Heroic strikes?

Weren't exotic engrams a weekly occurrence for a while? I don't remember there being any gaps.
I keep waiting for the chest engrams to show up again. I've stockpiled Motes of Light for that day in the hopes that I get the Praxic Fire. It might just be enough to make me go back to being a Sunbro.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nothing for me except the Plan C upgrade. I don't even like that gun... -_-

Love how the Lolhorn upgrade is there again mocking us.

Nuszka

Not even going to complain about what he is selling couse at this stage whats the point. The upgrades on the other hand are a joke , first of introducing the silly upgrade system for exotics wich i was ok but not until i experienced that most of these upgrades are going to be repeated week on week. Come on starfire protocol, helm of saint 14 , horn - people who wanted have them alredy upgraded. The only thing i upgraded was the skullfort helm for titan. Bought as well 60 heavy ammo packs. Honestly i was hoping for an exotic or something that will make me play destiny over the weekend... ok i will still run roc strikes with a hope of a good drop. Roll on reset.

Rixa

No matter how low your expectations are. Xur will still find a way to disappoint.
I just wanted helmet engrams...

Well. Big disappointment was avoided. He sells Heavy ammo :). Going to stockpile again those a lot. Also finally upgrading MIDA.

BLCKATK

Man, The Last Word seems like a pretty cool gun. I'm 4 Strange Coins off from it though and I've already done my weekly. What's a good way to get Strange Coins?

For the last 2 months, everytime Xur comes I threaten to quit playing. Then by reset I'm playing again.

Well, I'm quitting again. No reason to grind to Level 32 just to buy vendor gear when House of Wolves comes.
I will need some help on Nightfall next week.

Man, The Last Word seems like a pretty cool gun. I'm 4 Strange Coins off from it though and I've already done my weekly. What's a good way to get Strange Coins?

no good ways, but do play one Public Event today and tomorrow for a chance and Roc Playlist with your fingers crossed.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Vanguard playlist? Hope the engrams turn into coins maybe? I'm not sure.

Dammit, Bungie and Xur hates warlocks. Still waiting for the Voidfang Vestments upgrade, and Starfire Protocol 2 weeks in a row? WTF.

It's just getting weirder every week.

Shito

There's a coin in the 4th golden chest you open on Mars.
If you haven't had this one already, that's already that.

kidko

Sorry for the disappointed crew, I've been down on Xur for over a month but today I'm down to single digit coins after upgrades, heavy ammo and TLW! Been a long time since that happened.

So with VoG now dropping 331 weapons they basically made Xurs upgrades a thing of the past, right?

It will become progressively less useful as the weeks go on and everyone upgrades their old stuff, but yeah. It's a stupid system that should never have become a thing.

So with VoG now dropping 331 weapons they basically made Xurs upgrades a thing of the past, right?
It kinda seems that way, unless you just never get a drop you want and you finally cave and upgrade your old shit.

I keep hoping for another Gjallarhorn to drop since I'm likely not going to upgrade mine.

He's not really for us. He's for the guys who play more seldom than we do. Some people still think "Wow, an Exotic Vendor. So COOL!". So it's nice for them. :)
I def agree with this. He is not for people who do the raids at the reset and have 3 characters :p atleast he has heavy ammo.

Jinjo

Another week with no Radiant Dance Machines :(

Is it even possible for Xur to sell boot engrams?

I don't think so. It only has two possible drops too, but hey they did gauntlet engrams pre-dlc after a while even though that has three possible drops. Still, horrible investment of your motes imo.

Sorry for the disappointed crew, I've been down on Xur for over a month but today I'm down to single digit coins after upgrades, heavy ammo and TLW! Been a long time since that happened.

Last week was especially expensive and awesome. It had all new stuff, my coin stock definitely took a hit because of that.

Jinjo

I keep hoping for another Gjallarhorn to drop since I'm likely not going to upgrade mine.

Dude. Don't be silly and upgrade it. Better than waiting who knows how long for a new one. Besides, if you do get a new one, you'll have two Gjallarhorns. There's no loss here and Gjallarhorn is especially awesome at 331 attack.

I upgraded three of mine two weeks ago. No regrets.

Top Bottom