• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

U wot m8?

Dude. Don't be silly and upgrade it. Better than waiting who knows how long for a new one. Besides, if you do get a new one, you'll have two Gjallarhorns. There's no loss here and Gjallarhorn is especially awesome at 331 attack.

I upgraded three of mine two weeks ago. No regrets.
Guys...I just can't. The system they came up with is just too fucking stupid. And they dick you over on your armor.

The only weapon I was willing to do was icebreaker and that's because it's practically the same weapon with or without anything unlocked.

Even if I did upgrade Gjallarhorn, it would be shuffled to the bottom, as I have too many other things I'm upgrading at the moment.
wait, so VoG is finally dropping 331 weapons? Fatebringer 331 and VoC 331??
No sir. I think just exotics.

Izuna

Banned
The good news is, no Hard Raid during exam week. AND no more fucking Crota cheese because damn I hated that.

First area different is fine. Deathsinger giving loot is cool too.

However, I never liked the bridge.

blazeuk

I might pick up some heavy ammo from Xur but other than that another disappointing week, TLW is my most common exotic drop, I've had it about 5 times already.

darkwing

just exotics

331 exotics, and it hasn't been patched in yet I believe.

only exotic weapons upgrade.

Xur you bastard, a truly awful week. Not a single thing for me, not even an upgrade,

Give me fucking engrams man, please.

Guys...I just can't. The system they came up with is just too fucking stupid. And they dick you over on your armor.

The only weapon I was willing to do was icebreaker and that's because it's practically the same weapon with or without anything unlocked.

Even if I did upgrade Gjallarhorn, it would be shuffled to the bottom, as I have too many other things I'm upgrading at the moment.

Bungie pls....

SnakeEyes

Banned

The best weapon in the game... and you "just can't."

What.

Skele7on

Banned
looks like HM crota may have been pushed back a week to last week on Jan.

But all signs still point to third week in Jan at the moment.

Anybody wants to be 3rd for a Weekly, join on me or Phaethon now.

The only "upside" I can say about the exotic reset BS is that it takes less than half of the total XP to unlock the unique perks, which is the important part. With a telemetry and some bounties it's pretty easy. Use a glimmer farm team around here, takes 10 minutes to get 8k glimmer.

Still a BS system though.

KeRaSh

Rich guys be like "I can't be bothered washing my Aston Martin. I'll just buy a new one."
-___-

It's really not that hard to level an exotic weapon again. A few days of bounty grinding and it should have Wolf Pack unlocked again. If you planned ahead, you should have rocket launcher exp boost items which Xur bought a few weeks ago.

edit: Read through my comment. It's not meant to sound bitter. It's your weapon and your time. Spend it as you like. I'm just saying it's way less hassle than hoping for another drop, which could be a very, very long time from now or even never. New content will be released with even higher level weapons. At some point that 300 max damage will hold your precious weapon back and you will damn the day you refused to put in the effort. :p

Shuffled to the bottom? It should be priority #1. Always!

DJ88

I feel like I've seen you defending this line of thinking before and it's still just as baffling. It's really not that bad dude. Save up a bunch of 5000 XP bounties for 2 or 3 days and your horn will be back at the wolf pack round perk in no time. Which even though it won't be maxed, will still be doing way more damage than your old maxed out one. This "but the system is just so fucked" argument is pretty weak.

The best weapon in the game... and you "just can't."

What.
It's just too irritating. That goes for every exotic I have (besides icebreaker) and I think I'm only missing 4 of them.

I don't mind finding another in VoG and upgrading it or it just luckily dropping and I level it up.

But like I said, even IF I upgraded I wouldn't be leveling it up for maybe a week or two. Possibly longer if I end up getting an exotic I don't have yet along the way.

Skele7on

Banned
I just want hawkmoon or gjallarhorn please mighty god make this happen for me.
Xur will never ever sell either ever again, I should have bought it that week.
I will eternally kick my own ass over why the fuck I didn't buy it.

Also would it kill you to sell mask of the third man?

oSoLucky

So, I just had 2 TLWs drop off my 3 Crota kills yesterday. At least there's heavy ammo. I need more Vault space(so I can spend all 42 coins on ammo).

Jinjo

It's just too irritating. That goes for every exotic I have (besides icebreaker) and I think I'm only missing 4 of them.

I don't mind finding another in VoG and upgrading it or it just luckily dropping and I level it up.

But like I said, even IF I upgraded I wouldn't be leveling it up for maybe a week or two. Possibly longer if I end up getting an exotic I don't have yet along the way.

It only takes two days worth of bounties to get back to the wolfpack rounds again. You use it so much already that it practically levels itself.

The upgrade system is retarded I agree, but not upgrading it up based on principle is silly. The benefit is worth the effort it takes, especially in Gjallarhorns case. Especially because if it drops again you'll have to upgrade that one too!

So all you're doing by upgrading is buying yourself out of the wait for another Gjallarhorn. How is that not worth it?

sooooooooooo on the plus side. 160 stat chest armor is the max for 32 I'm guessing, right? so that lucky rasberry might be a good buy.

Damn that's crazy good. The Armamentarium upgrade in week 1 had 167 discipline though, that's still the highest I've ever seen.

Bogeypop

Not even an Exotic Engram so I can play the lotto, and slightly get over the fact that Starfire Protocol is on sale for a second week in a row?

Dude, he's been saying this schtik since the first gjally upgrade.

I'm convinced it's for attention now.
Nah. It's not about Gjallarhorn. Like I said, it's every weapon and especially the armor. Gjallarhorn is the one I want to drop the most, so I bring it up like many others do all the time. And I mentioned it one other time. Didn't say shit about it last week.

I definitely do want another Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon to drop though.

Shito

Loot system confirmed: Steroyd joins Weekly at last second, contributes nothing, gets legendary engram.
Aaaaaaand this joins "if you click on the bounties you deliver like a madman you increase your chance at getting an exotic bounty" in my "people can't stand RNG and will invent all sort of crazy theories to try and inject a little sense in it" list. :)

Aaaaaaand this joins "if you click on the bounties you deliver like a madman you increase your chance at getting an exotic bounty" in my "people can't stand RNG and will invent all sort of crazy theories to try and inject a little sense in it" list. :)

haha oh yeah, I'm being very sarcastic with that kind of post. I always enjoy how people try to make some sense of randomness. It's only human nature.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Just soloed Ir Yut and holy crap, I was completely wasting my time trying to rocket her. Ice breaker does 6000 dmg per crit.

Frenden

Banned
Nah. It's not about Gjallarhorn. Like I said, it's every weapon and especially the armor. Gjallarhorn is the one I want to drop the most, so I bring it up like many others do all the time. And I mentioned it one other time. Didn't say shit about it last week.

But... you have it, right? Upgrading it and leveling it will take less time than waiting for it to drop, no?

I'm not trying to be judgy, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

Bogeypop

haha oh yeah, I'm being very sarcastic with that kind of post. I always enjoy how people try to make some sense of randomness. It's only human nature.

Just stand on one leg, one hand on your head, the other rubbing your belly, hop, and blow raspberries as you open chests or get gear and it gives you a guaranteed GHorn or Hawkmoon. True story, my uncle works at Bungie.

Might solo crota's end now since I have a lot of heavy ammo+ballerhorn. But do I really want to put all that time in? Meh..
Loot system confirmed: Steroyd joins Weekly at last second, contributes nothing, gets legendary engram.
Well I have seen a lot of people join at the last min for dailies or weekies to be awarded with legendary engrams..just saying ;)

Jinjo

And you don't think 7500 glimmer and an exotic shard is worth the price to buy yourself out of the wait? Especially with how easy that stuff is to gather.

Skele7on

Banned
sooooooooooo on the plus side. 160 stat chest armor is the max for 32 I'm guessing, right? so that lucky rasberry might be a good buy.

iMT6xyb.png

I feel so bad ass...

Jinjo

wait so lucky raspberry is good?

the chest piece is the only crota gear I'm missing for hunter

If it gets you to level 32 then buy it, it's worth it. Better chest piece than Alpha Lupi, especially with the Int roll. Arcbolt upgrade is especially nice for PvP. More heavy ammo is good too.

But... you have it, right? Upgrading it and leveling it will take less time than waiting for it to drop, no?

I'm not trying to be judgy, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

And you don't think 7500 glimmer and an exotic shard is worth the price to buy yourself out of the wait? Especially with how easy that stuff is to gather.
Ugh... it's more of a mental block than anything else. And extreme anger. When I upgraded one of my helms and it gave me lower stats I was fucking furious. So now it's just massive frustration and I'll feel like a damn fool if I let them piss me off with their shitty system again. I can only hope they'll change it later.

I was iffy about it the first week and I thought maybe I'll upgrade my stuff, but after being able to think about it tonight at work and discuss it with some folk, I now know I'm not upgrading anything. Is it my loss? Sure. Is it foolish? Possibly. Do I feel better now that I've discussed this at length and made up my mind? Definitely. Thank you gentlemen.

Top Bottom