• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Shito

If it gets you to level 32 then buy it, it's worth it. Better chest piece than Alpha Lupi, especially with the Int roll. Arcbolt upgrade is especially nice for PvP. More heavy ammo is good too.
I'd argue this depends on your playlist / activities.
Alpha Lupi is a much better chest when playing coop PVE, in my opinion...

Two Words

They're fixing Crota? Guess I'll have to retire my cheese armor.

LvXLTj4.png

If it gets you to level 32 then buy it, it's worth it. Better chest piece than Alpha Lupi, especially with the Int roll. Arcbolt upgrade is especially nice for PvP. More heavy ammo is good too.

Alpha Lupi is Nightfall gear :D Gotta have different setups for different missions. Now if only we had "Loadouts" that we could easily switch between...

@Ant/Acorn: feel free to join back on the glimmer farm but you need to stick together with the group. We just run a quick clock wise circle around from left to right and chain everyone's super together. If you go the other direction you cut everyone's glimmer in half and break the super chain...

TP-DK

Wait if the ecotic drops from VoG will be the upgraded versions after the update, does that mean Vex will be upgraded too?

And once again, Ce anyone?

Don't really want anything. Might buy Raspberry and Skullfort since I have the old version but...eh.

Was hoping for helmet engram atleast for a chance at obsidian mind.

I know everyone has answered you already, but go ahead and start using bounties with it equipped to unlock the upgrades, just don't purchase any until you see if Xur has the upgrade. At least you can turn it in for 2 exotic shards vs one if you have all the nodes unlocked.

Yes that is excellent advice and is basically what I've been doing so guess I've been following the best course if action.And thx for the replies guys now I just need to get in VoG for a Hawkmoon.

IHaveIce

Banned
Lucky Raspberry is sadly not the Hunter piece I want, I don't play with arc nades or blade dancer at all.

I need more coins, need ammo, the urn, snper exp booster and a shard

Really wanted engrams

Anyone of you guys still play this on Xbox One? Add me peoplez IHaveAnIce only a lvl 28 scrub but need any help I can get with raid checkpoints, nightfalls and so on

Shito

I want the rapier but playing crucible will test my patience.
Same for me.
I'm waiting to hear what are the "new rewards" for next week's IB.
If they are actually something good, I'll play it and use it as a way to get closer to the Rapier. But I'm not even rank 2 at the Crucible faction, soooooo... *sigh*

I want the rapier but playing crucible will test my patience.

150 Marks is unbearable Crucible time. My plan is to acquire 200 marks and a few commendations slowly until HoW release to have my pick then.

I'm sure Bungie will throw another monkey wrench into the economy to fuck this plan up.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I spent like 50 coins right now. I think I've reached a stage where I just have to collect all exotics. Bought a bunch of heavy synth as well.

SAiLO

No Obsidian Mind at Xur's shop? No Red Death/Hard Light? Damn... Gonna have to buy Heavy Ammo and upgrade Plan C. Oh well.

SkylineRKR

TLW is fun but i'm not too consistent with it. I can rack up more points with Suros, Vex, Red Death and Thorn. I wouldn't hip fire with it either, though its perks are based around it. Hip fire crits are sort of random. ADS is still better.

Good thing I didn't do the boring weeklies. RNG has given me TLW twice already.

LTW is from the hip right?

LTW /Thorn then Hawkmoon, which to me at this point is just over+rated

Depends on your play style. Got TLW and Thorn - prefer Thorn. Although TLW is fun and always nice to have some variety.

yup, i vastly prefer the rapidfire ability of TLW. Thorn and Hawkmoon fire waaay too sloooowly. And i always run and jump in close quarters so it suits me better than sniping from afar.

And yeah, the only thing is you need to do is un-learn ADS, need to play TLW oldschool, firing from the hip without aiming :D

SeanR1221

Not sure what level you are, but level 20+ has a bunch of Vanguard Strike playlists to earn rep and marks. It is accessed from the orbit menu. The highest level is called ROC for some reason. Lvl26.

Ah yeah I'm 25. Makes sense now :). Ok so!

Do the daily mission
Do bounties to increase my vanguard/crucible rep
Find a group to do the weekly strike with
Buy legendary gear from the tower
Play the raid.

How's that sound?

Ah yeah I'm 25. Makes sense now :). Ok so!

Do the daily mission
Do bounties to increase my vanguard/crucible rep
Find a group to do the weekly strike with
Buy legendary gear from the tower
Play the raid.

How's that sound?

Yep, that's pretty much everything you can do.

Top Bottom