• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Carn82

It's the only Vendor Scout with Firefly. Some people have been lucky enough to get other Scouts with good perk rolls, but this is the only guaranteed.

my old Crypt Dweller rolled with Firefly (and explosive rounds) + field scout; that thing was/is the bomb.

Navid

Playing Rumble at the moment, getting heavy ammo in a game-type like that feels sooo unfair... but at the same time, sooo good! :D

One more dumb question. After you complete a weekly heroic strike, if you replay it, is it basically like doing a regular strike at that point or will you get the same rewards.

You can do the weekly again on a higher difficulty to get more strange coins, but otherwise you only get the rewards once per week. So if you do the Lv30 Weekly and get 9 SCs, you don't get anymore drops.

TLW? Horrible Xur...
Why do you say that? 'Cause you already have it?

I am stoked to get the An Insurmountable Skullfort. Not that I think it is a terribly good helm, but I've always thought it was one of the coolest looking helms in the game, and easily my favorite Titan helm.

noomi

Bought the thorn upgrade and a few heavy ammo synths. 180 coins left :p

I've pretty much accomplished everything I could for the week, might take it easy on Destiny for a few days until Tuesday.

BokehKing

Banned
yup, i vastly prefer the rapidfire ability of TLW. Thorn and Hawkmoon fire waaay too sloooowly. And i always run and jump in close quarters so it suits me better than sniping from afar.

And yeah, the only thing is you need to do is un-learn ADS, need to play TLW oldschool, firing from the hip without aiming :D
For a hand cannon that's what I want
I mean I like Thorn, I snipe with it and the dot damage causes people not to rush me, no one likes getting burned

Hawkmoon, God let me trade it to xur for some coin man
Its too late in the week to find gaf peeps who didn't do the weekly twice, I'm going to have to lfg, and those people sometimes... Idk

Playing Rumble at the moment, getting heavy ammo in a game-type like that feels sooo unfair... but at the same time, sooo good! :D
It's akin to getting the power weapons in Halo. It's really integral to placing top in that game type.

So, I just read the Bungie Update.
Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.

Awesome! I wonder if that also includes the Vex.

Well, this is the first week with no upgrades for me.

Just need BadJuJu, Invective and Light Beyond Nemesis.

Bought Lucky Raspberry and a shiiiiiiiit tonne of heavy ammo synthesis.

I am so happy for that ammo. Seriously. Bought 100 of them.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Whoooooooooooo wants a SCrota checkpoint?

PSN: androo2300

Hop on in if ya want. If I go AFK just push me into the crystal, lol. Not on my mic.

Midas

I seriously do not understand how you need so much heavy ammo. I do not have a Gjallarhorn, but still. I just buy a few from the weapon dude next to Rahool when I reach 25k glimmer.

amar212

wow, Vex at 331 would be a killer

Being a special reward from the special part of the game, I do not find Vex "needing" upgrade ever.

IMO it should stay in its original form (323) literally forever.

I feel the same about all past, present and future Raid-specific weaponry.

They should be special and different and should keep their form forever.

Just my opinion.

Hyun Sai

Being a special reward from the special part of the game, I do not find Vex "needing" upgrade ever.

IMO it should stay in its original form (323) literally forever.

I feel the same about all past, present and future Raid-specific weaponry.

They should be special and different and should keep their form forever.

Just my opinion.

Vex is an exotic. Bungie stated all exotics will stay relevant in the power creep.

Vex will have an upgrade sooner or later.

Jinjo

Funny how TLW was once the most wanted Xur item and when Xur finally had it he was praised to high heavens. A month later: Xur is an ass for having it lol.

LiK

Still no Rocket Launcher telemetries? Fucking Xur.

Funny how TLW was once the most wanted Xur item and when Xur finally had it he was praised to high heavens. A month later: Xur is an ass for having it lol.

another surge of TLW users today.

Jinjo

Xur sold it already. Everyone has it now.

So he should not carry a Gjallarhorn ever then? He's had that before too.

There's 52 weeks in a year and only like 20 exotic weapons of which Xur sells like 16. He is gonna have doubles. A lot.

As someone else mentioned. He's really not for "us", the day 1 Destiny players anymore. Maybe only on the rare exception, but those are going to get increasingly rarer as time goes on.

Zocano

The core problem is the small number of exotics, Bungie willingly making sure a few hardly ever (re: never) show up, and most of us having all except those few.

Xur isn't here to magically solve your one missing exotic problem. You'll have to wade through RNG for it instead of twiddling your fingers hoping xur will have it.

LiK

Prepare to fight hordes of TLW users at the Crucible today :/

Better than Hawkmoon and Thorn. I've been getting wrecked by them. I probably should've switched to my Hunter since she has a Thorn but I was leveling up my Dead Orbit.

Man, our group was complete ass in Control last night. Not sure what happened. I guess some dudes were lagging or something. Seems to happen sometimes whenever we get a full fireteam. Most of the guys we played against were not in any Fireteams. They probably didn't lag as a result. I was doing way better before we had a full group.

Do people rebuy Xur exotic armor if it has a much higher stat roll?

I do. Only requires a few coins you can get easily. Better than having to use 7k glimmer AND an exotic shard to upgrade my old one.

SAiLO

LTW is from the hip right?

TLW is fun but i'm not too consistent with it.I wouldn't hip fire with it either, though its perks are based around it. Hip fire crits are sort of random. ADS is still better.

yup, i vastly prefer the rapidfire ability of TLW. Thorn and Hawkmoon fire waaay too sloooowly. And i always run and jump in close quarters so it suits me better than sniping from afar.

And yeah, the only thing is you need to do is un-learn ADS, need to play TLW oldschool, firing from the hip without aiming :D

Hip-firing TLW is very satisfying but for that you have to get close. You can easily punish shotgun fans within 'their' range.

True that Thorn is slow firing, but you hunt your victims from a good distance and that does not require rapid fire.

Top Bottom