• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

I am wondering why Bungie didn't increase our glimmer cap...it's not a massive software engineering feat. They could have done it I think.

blackflag

Being a special reward from the special part of the game, I do not find Vex "needing" upgrade ever.

IMO it should stay in its original form (323) literally forever.

I feel the same about all past, present and future Raid-specific weaponry.

They should be special and different and should keep their form forever.

Just my opinion.

I think its good to give people a reason to do the older content.

bosseye

So who is buying TLW?

I probably will. Been hoping for a decent handcannon for a while, but nothing dropped.

I wasn't fussed on handcannons really but then ended up playing with Red Hand which became my favourite legendary. Its maxed at 300 now, so nice to have one I can level up higher.

I'm not much for PvP but sounds like it would suit my PvE playstyle of getting quite close in. I don't really go for range, I like to mess around in the thick of things.

Xur is also apparently selling the upgrade for Hard Light which I wanted too. Got that out of the Gorgon chest the other day but only the 300 dmg version. Not sure how good a gun it is, but I love the look and the noise it makes and I love Autorifles so that will be fun to upgrade.

Armour, sadly I don't have enough coins for Starfire Protocol aswell at the moment. Buying TLW only leaves me with 9, might be able to grab 4 more this evening though.

I've been hoping Xur will sell an exotic Warlock helm but no go thus far, so I'm going to buy a legendary Vanguard one, then level that so I can hit level 31.

Lima

Yes, but it was always meant to be a big team effort.

True but you can complete VoG with just two people except for the gorgon's maze. You could also always play with less than 6 people just fine.

Now you can't get past the bridge without having a 6 men fire team. It's not possible to play this with less than 6 and that's interesting I think.

blackflag

I probably will. Been hoping for a decent handcannon for a while, but nothing dropped.

I wasn't fussed on handcannons really but then ended up playing with Red Hand which became my favourite legendary. Its maxed at 300 now, so nice to have one I can level up higher.

I'm not much for PvP but sounds like it would suit my PvE playstyle of getting quite close in. I don't really go for range, I like to mess around in the thick of things.

Xur is also apparently selling the upgrade for Hard Light which I wanted too. Got that out of the Gorgon chest the other day but only the 300 dmg version. Not sure how good a gun it is, but I love the look and the noise it makes and I love Autorifles so that will be fun to upgrade.

Armour, sadly I don't have enough coins for Starfire Protocol aswell at the moment. Buying TLW only leaves me with 9, might be able to grab 4 more this evening though.

I've been hoping Xur will sell an exotic Warlock helm but no go thus far, so I'm going to buy a legendary Vanguard one, then level that so I can hit level 31.

It's very terrible for PVE. If it's forthat, I'd say it's better to save coins.

Deku Tree

True but you can complete VoG with just two people except for the gorgon's maze. You could also always play with less than 6 people just fine.

Now you can't get past the bridge without having a 6 men fire team. It's not possible to play this with less than 6 and that's interesting I think.

Why does the Bridge require six people with th fix?

Namikaze1

I'm still stuck in the sewer facing this alligator that fig won't help me kill.

What's Xur selling this week aside from The Last Word?

Bizazedo

Can't really give a damn about Xur anymore for weapons. I already have Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker which is what most people want Xur to sell and he won't sell hawkmoon until the near end of 2015.

He is now my heavy ammo/shard guy.

I fear for PvP if he ever sells Hawkmoon.

LiK

So with the changes to the bridge they actually took this raid from being able to solo it to need 6 men to make it past the bridge*

* unless a new cheese is found.

I don't think you need 6. It says you just need everyone to get past the bridge to win. So you can technically have less than that.

@figs @Nami
Thought we were gonna play PVP last night. Sadness.

I'm still stuck in the sewer facing this alligator that fig won't help me kill.

What's Xur selling this week aside from The Last Word?

tumblr_ls4tgkbz6M1qejkb4.gif

Skullfort
Lucky Raspberry
Starfire Protocol

Lima

Why does the Bridge require six people with th fix?

You won't be able to do the cheese anymore to spawn the enemies on the other side. You also need to fully build the bridge before you can cross it and you must cross the bridge to not get killed. So that means going from one of the higher pillars on the left side is out and stepping in and out of the middle to not get killed by the totems is out of the question too. Thus you need to have people standing in the totem circles and one guy in the middle to open the bridge. The same goes for the attacking team, once they are on the other side you need 3 people also.

So yeah no passing the bridge will be no bueno with less than 6.

You won't be able to do the cheese anymore to spawn the enemies on the other side. You also need to fully build the bridge before you can cross it and you must cross the bridge to not get killed. So that means going from one of the higher pillars on the left side is out and stepping in and out of the middle to not get killed by the totems is out of the question too. Thus you need to have people standing in the totem circles and one guy in the middle to open the bridge. The same goes for the attacking team, once they are on the other side you need 3 people also.

The bridge works differently with less players, I thought. When you have two on one side, only one totem needs to be stepped on. When you have one on one side, no totem needs to be stepped on.

Lima

The bridge works differently with less players, I thought. When you have two on one side, only one totem needs to be stepped on. When you have one on one side, no totem needs to be stepped on.

Um no I don't think that's how it works. Would like to see video proof though.

Didnt ppl say that if you have just 2 players on one side, you just had to step in one totem?

LiK

I think we'll see new cheeses. But the bridge part isn't hard unless we play with noobs. Most of us who play a lot should be 31-32 by now. Killing Gatekeepers should be easy unless people are complete ass at spamming R2.

deadduck

Yeah and I like it. Would like to see more people having to do jobs in HM Crota too: distract the gatekeepers, shooting the perma oversoul* or some newly added shrikers/cursed in spawn/crystal area!

*with the raid gear having oversoul features, this has to play a bigger part as it's only used when a teammember dies. I dunno about you, but if someone dies we more than often wipe for clean runs, although having a 32 on the sword has allowed for more mistakes due to the massive damage increase.

Rixa

Hmm. How so 5 man team cannot make the Bridge part anymore?
In BWU its only said:

Bungie said:
Bridge Encounter
Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.

Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.
As I understand it, you can still 4 man do it after patch. Do I miss something?

Jinjo

I think we'll see new cheeses. But the bridge part isn't hard unless we play with noobs. Most of us who play a lot should be 31-32 by now. Killing Gatekeepers should be easy unless people are complete ass at spamming R2.

The raid is pretty doable as a level 30. You really only need a 31 against Crota and it helps a lot against Deathsinger. I'm not gonna expect hard raid to be as hard as VoG hard, unless they add some wildly new mechanics.

Hmm. How so 5 man team cannot make the Bridge part anymore?
In BWU its only said:

As I understand it, you can still 4 man do it after patch. Do I miss something?

You need 6. There need to be 3 people at each side to even open the bridge. If it's 5 people, when you need to bring over the third person to the other you do not have enough people anymore to keep the bridge up. As it says right now it seems you won't be able to cross the bridge if it's only halfway formed. And as it immediately dissolves if the middle person steps of the plate it's not doable with less than 6 people anymore.

phen0m24

I don't think you need 6. It says you just need everyone to get past the bridge to win. So you can technically have less than that.

Agreed. If you can get 1 over with a 3 man team one can kill the ogres. Assuming the other 2 wipe on the near side of the bridge.

That part of CE is not terribly difficult. Our ragtag group of crazies got all 6 across last time. Just use flash bang or suppression grenades on the GK and he goes down quickly. Of course it didn't hurt that we had Dr Drizzay with us. :)

got TLW because... why not and some heavy synts.

debating if i should get Starfire Protocol. I mean it looks cool but my warlock is already 31 with an exotic helm and i don't have a purple helm for her :|
Buy it, i find that Exotic Chest armo for Warlocks have more benifits

Namikaze1

I was planning to go out but there's a lot of snow outside. And there's sirens wailing in the distance. Yeah, I'm staying inside where it's safe from people who don't know how to drive in such conditions.

LiK

The raid is pretty doable as a level 30. You really only need a 31 against Crota and it helps a lot against Deathsinger. I'm not gonna expect hard raid to be as hard as VoG hard, unless they add some wildly new mechanics.

The only way they could make Crota fight harder is by adding Gatekeepers to the fight. That would be sucky lol

Lima

Agreed. If you can get 1 over with a 3 man team one can kill the ogres. Assuming the other 2 wipe on the near side of the bridge.

And here comes the "all players are required to pass the bridge to complete the encounter". You can't just tell the people on the other side to die anymore. If in a 6 man team the last person on the other side dies it is a wipe.

If everything works correctly of course. Bungie could fuck things up.

Rixa

That part of CE is not terribly difficult. Our ragtag group of crazies got all 6 across last time. Just use flash bang or suppression grenades on the GK and he goes down quickly. Of course it didn't hurt that we had Dr Drizzay with us. :)

At the moment we do it:

My favourite part. 3 Goes to otherside and steps to those totems & circle (meanwhile those 3 starting side go away from circle and totems), and stay there waiting otherside to get sword (helping to kill Sword carrier).

1. Get 3 people to otherside
2. After 3rd is otherside 3 from starting side leaves totems & circle.
3. 3 in Ogreside goes to totems & circle & forms bridge again
4. Get remaining people to this side killing Sword bearer (same ways as first 3).

You need 6. There need to be 3 people at each side to even open the bridge. If it's 5 people, when you need to bring over the third person to the other you do not have enough people anymore to keep the bridge up. As it says right now it seems you won't be able to cross the bridge if it's only halfway formed. And as it immediately dissolves if the middle person steps of the plate it's not doable with less than 6 people anymore.

So after patch there needs to be one person in every totem & circle? Cause now you only need 3 in otherside.

Been looking for this all of yesterday. At work now. Will u be on tonight?

PSN jayforone. I'll be on in about 6 hours. That's 3 pm EST.

Yeah, I'll be around and lots of other people have the CP too so just post on here and if I can't make it somebody else should be able to hook it up.

And here comes the "all players are required to pass the bridge to complete the encounter". You can't just tell the people on the other side to die anymore. If in a 6 man team the last person on the other side dies it is a wipe.

Didn't think about this. That kind of sounds terrible. It wouldn't be too bad if you could send someone back to revive, but since they need a sword to be on the bridge, that's out of the question.

Edit: My crystal ball shows a lot of people going to orbit.

The only way they could make Crota fight harder is by adding Gatekeepers to the fight. That would be sucky lol

If they added a Major wizard on each side of crota, gave shields to the knights, and put weight of darkness on everyone, and have the chalice act as a lamp, but only for the person holding it. I would say that would make the fight immensely more difficult.

Well Xur is selling my Alpha Lupi upgrade so that's cool. Nothing else I am interested in.

Have everyone killed Atheon in HM 3x? I'm hoping to find some people who still need to do that.

Deku Tree

That would be painful if true. Sunsinger with super up always goes last.

Top Bottom