• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LiK

If they added a Major wizard on each side of crota, gave shields to the knights, and put weight of darkness on everyone, and have the chalice act as a lamp, but only for the person holding it. I would say that would make the fight immensely more difficult.

Well, it's Hard mode, not Torture mode. :p

You know Oversoul is gonna be popping left and right. And wizards should be added to the fight. A ton of wizards.

I doubt the Oversoul will do that. Based on the fast reload perk it will likely just kill everyone sooner.

Bridge section will have the sword last for a shorter amount of time (hence the agility boost when carrying it).

I can see Gatekeepers popping up during Crota as a distraction for the swordbearing player.

VoG hard mode had very few changes. Shorter enrage timers and detain shields is all I can think of.

Likely will be small changes. It was always the enemy level that provided the greatest challenge.

Lima

Didn't think about this. That kind of sounds terrible. It wouldn't be too bad if you could send someone back to revive, but since they need a sword to be on the bridge, that's out of the question.

Edit: My crystal ball shows a lot of people going to orbit.

Sure going to orbit will most likely be an option.

phen0m24

And here comes the "all players are required to pass the bridge to complete the encounter". You can't just tell the people on the other side to die anymore. If in a 6 men team the last person on the other side dies it is a wipe.
That would make no sense though as how different is that from confluxes or atheon or anything else? (Meaning those objectives can be completed short-handed) If all 6 must survive AND get across the bridge, what if the last guy dies to the Swordbearer and the sword disappears before he can be revived? You know? How do you get back across?

Not sure how they can change the game state to reflect that, or even if they would want to. If they make it a minimum 3 I could see it. But all 6? "Hey buddy I know you're the 6th but if you die we wipe. No pressure!"

Egads

Namikaze1

I doubt the Oversoul will do that. Based on the fast reload perk it will likely just kill everyone sooner.

Bridge section will have the sword last for a shorter amount of time (hence the agility boost when carrying it).

I can see Gatekeepers popping up during Crota as a distraction for the swordbearing player.

VoG hard mode had very few changes. Shorter enrage timers and detain shields is all I can think of.

Likely will be small changes. It was always the enemy level that provided the greatest challenge.
Thing is the raid helmets grants you bonus damage while Oversoul is up. The chest piece just increases reload speed. From what these two armor pieces can do, you just know that Oversoul will randomly pop up during the fight in Hard Mode.

Just bought 180 heavy ammo synthesis. Thank you Xur!!!!

Better than anything else he could bring me based on my exotic collection.

I do want The Glasshouse. But heavy ammo is so needed. I got 100 but will likely get more since hard mode is coming up and it was 2 weeks since he sold them last.

Lima

That would make no sense though as how different is that from confluxes or atheon or anything else? If all 6 must survive AND get across the bridge, what if the last guy dies to the Swordbearer and the sword disappears before he can be revived? You know? How do you get back across?

Not sure how they can change the game state to reflect that, or even if they would want to. If they make it a minimum 3 I could see it. But all 6? "Hey buddy I know you're the 6th but if you die we wipe. No pressure!"

Egads

You know that bungie wants it to be difficult. If it works like the patch notes describe then that is exactly what will happen. Git gud.

Go to orbit. Wait in party chat for ogres to spawn. Rejoin party. Kill ogres. Get loot. Right?

Probably. We'll know for sure on Tuesday.

Thing is the raid helmets grants you bonus damage while Oversoul is up. The chest piece just increases reload speed. From what these two armor pieces can do, you just know that Oversoul will randomly pop up during the fight in Hard Mode.

It is kind of a big detain shield. A short distraction to the players to inhibit progression. Might be. Problem is that the detain shield would not kill you or everyone if you didn't destroy it in time.

Seems like of ridiculous that it can wipe everyone out constantly.

todd360

You know that bungie wants it to be difficult. If it works like the patch notes describe then that is exactly what will happen. Git gud.

My team is ready.

Counts.

Where Da Faq is zoba?

My team is not ready.

Yeah it won't be anything crazy. Atheon just added detain shields. That's it.

Well, and no revives? :D That's the biggest challenge in Conflux/Oracle phase. Other than that phase the differences are small.

In CE i think all other phases are easy but now dying in the final fight against Crota it will just mean more wipes as someone dying is even a bigger loss than just getting Oversoul.

I really don't see it happening. If the last player on the opposite side died swordbearers stopped spawning. How do you get back to revive?

Cybrwzrd

Banned
kick destiny by IGN

Seriously so ridiculous this sort of "content" is still coming out.

As long as Destiny remains wildly popular, those who feel slighted because they expected "10 year old WoW - Halo 1-4 edition" to be the first game in a 10 year francise; will hate on this game incessantly. It is childish, but what do you expect?

Anyway, asking again since it got lost a few pages back - what is the stat roll on this week's Praxic Fire Xur upgrade?

deadduck

groups get formed on the go when Iron Banner is up, not many of us plan weeks ahead :D

Getting a little ahead of myself! :D

HM (no revives until checkpoint passed) with those mechanics as described will be interesting! Thinking about this, if you cant revive the dead 6th on the starting side (HM) then there must be something that effectively triggers the next section that isn't all 6 players getting over.

Jinjo

So after patch there needs to be one person in every totem & circle? Cause now you only need 3 in otherside.

You only need three on one side still, but this is the way it works:

You get over the first two without a problem right, that's easy. But in order to get the third across to the other side you need atleast 4 people on start. 3 for the totems and plate, a fourth person that goes across. The way Bungie words the update it seems you can't cross a half-built/deconstructed bridge anymore. And because the other side still only has two you can't built the bridge from there. Furthermore, all people need to be on the other side for the ogres to spawn. As someone else mentioned, if the final person on the start side dies, it's over.

zewone

As long as Destiny remains wildly popular, those who feel slighted because they expected "10 year old WoW - Halo 1-4 edition" to be the first game in a 10 year francise; will hate on this game incessantly. It is childish, but what do you expect?

Anyway, asking again since it got lost a few pages back - what is the stat roll on this week's Praxic Fire Xur upgrade?
155 INT.

Terrible Xur week. Nothing to buy. Oh well, I'll save my motes for Iron Banner.

todd360

I'll give ign the new raid ship comment. Its literally the same thing with hive stuff thrown on it.

Lima

It is kind of a big detain shield. A short distraction to the players to inhibit progression. Might be. Problem is that the detain shield would not kill you or everyone if you didn't destroy it in time.

Seems like of ridiculous that it can wipe everyone out constantly.

It's about the only way to make that fight more difficult without changing major things about the encounter. They could also make Crota more mobile and unpredictable in his movement pattern. Like right now we know that he starts mid, goes right, mid and left. Repeat. What if they make it random which side he goes to? I also hope that they block off the middle downstairs so people can't go in there anymore to hide when ogres come up. You can tell it's not designed to go in there because the Swordbearer enters the door and then his AI routine is like wait a minute I can't go further I shouldn't be here.

Whatever they do I'm looking forward to it.

I'm torn between either getting Starfire Protocol and replacing my old Voidfang Vestments or using my Strange Coins and getting an exotic shard to get a newer MIDA Multi-Tool.

Any thoughts DGAF? I'm more inclined to get a new MIDA (thought process being offence is the best defence) but that armour sure looks nice...

Jinjo

I'm torn between either getting Starfire Protocol and replacing my old Voidfang Vestments or using my Strange Coins and getting an exotic shard to get a newer MIDA Multi-Tool.

Any thoughts DGAF? I'm more inclined to get a new MIDA (thought process being offence is the best defence) but that armour sure looks nice...

What exotic/weapon set are you currently rolling with?

Is voidfang 36 light already?

R0ckman

They really need to move the Xur updaters to another job, Xur has stopped being relevant in his wares after mid October. Now that an engram isn't guaranteed anymore it makes things that much worse. It's literally the same crap over and over.

Navid

Is there anyway/anywhere to see how many relic points you have assisted in capturing in salvage, or is the only option to just keep playing until the trophy pops?

Cømet

Banned

kick destiny by IGN

Seriously so ridiculous this sort of "content" is still coming out.

Have you read it? Pretty much all of those 29 points are legitimate issues, and ones often complained about in this thread.

If people don't keep going on about it, Bungie doesn't have to fix it. They've made it perfectly clear they're content just fixing cheeses and not actual bugs.

Lima

You only need three on one side still, but this is the way it works:

You get over the first two without a problem right, that's easy. But in order to get the third across to the other side you need atleast 4 people on start. 3 for the totems and plate, a fourth person that goes across. The way Bungie words the update it seems you can't cross a half-built/deconstructed bridge anymore. And because the other side still only has two you can't built the bridge from there. Furthermore, all people need to be on the other side for the ogres to spawn. As someone else mentioned, if the final person on the start side dies, it's over.

Yeah if it will work like how they worded it in the patch notes then 6 people are required unless people find a new way to cheese.

I really don't see it happening. If the last player on the opposite side died swordbearers stopped spawning. How do you get back to revive?

You don't. That's kind of the point.

I tried Nightmare. Got towards the end of Act 2 and gave up.

I'm thinking my strategy should essentially be to overlevel myself. I just did
In Hushed Whispers
as a level 8 and it was still tough as shit. Got to
Alexius
with 0 health potions and 2 grenades. Thank fuck for
Leliana

What exotic/weapon set are you currently rolling with?

Is voidfang 36 light already?

I'm currently using my old MIDA which I can get upgraded by Xûr, which I why I thought it would be best to go with that. Damage only tops out at 300 so I want me some of that added damage.

Voidfang is also old so its Light Level is max 30, I think.

Sullichin

I'm currently using my pre-buff MIDA, which I why I thought it would be best to go with that. Damage only tops out at 300 so I want me some of that added damage.

Would you have enough coins to buy both if you destroyed voidfang for the exotic shard?

I might buy Starfire Protocol. I like the way it looks and perks are decent. I'm currently using Claws but not great for Voidwalker so not useful for me in PVP.
It made me finally use the Fusion Grenades, which are more fun to use than I initially thought. Works especially well with Touch of Flame and Viking Funeral engaged.

Would you have enough coins to buy both if you destroyed voidfang for the exotic shard?

Huh, I might do actually. That isn't a bad shout. I need 1 more Strange Coin which I can get from completing Public Events, right?

Although, whether I have done that since Tuesday is hard to remember.

Anyone looking to run the NF and/or weekly sometime today? About to leave work and I need to collect loots on my lvl 27 Hunter. I'll run with either my Titan or Warlock and then switch at the end.

KeRaSh

The only way they could make Crota fight harder is by adding Gatekeepers to the fight. That would be sucky lol

Didn't Urk pop out and say something like the raid boss(es) were seperate designs entirely after someone complained that Crota is just another big regular enemy.
Didn't he also hint at the fact that this was only how Crota looked during part of the fight, hinting at more phases?

I could be remembering it wrong but I have something like that stuck in my head.
Maybe we get a second phase to the Crota fight...

Probably not...

Jinjo

I'm currently using my old MIDA which I can get upgraded by Xûr, which I why I thought it would be best to go with that. Damage only tops out at 300 so I want me some of that added damage.

An increase in level is gonna give you a bigger added benefit than the extra attack on your MIDA, so I'd say go for Starfire Protocol. It has better perks than Voidfang too. A light 36 armor piece is gonna help you tremendously getting to level 31 even. Plus you can shard the Voidfang for an exotic shard, either to upgrade Starfire to the maximum node or upgrade the attack on your MIDA (you just need the glimmer then). Win-win.

LiK

Huh, I might do actually. That isn't a bad shout. I need 1 more Strange Coin which I can get from completing Public Events, right?

Although, whether I have done that since Tuesday is hard to remember.

I don't recall Pub Events guaranteeing Strange Coins.

Top Bottom