• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Cømet;146651246 said:
Have you read it? Pretty much all of those 29 points are legitimate issues, and ones often complained about in this thread.

If people don't keep going on about it, Bungie doesn't have to fix it. They've made it perfectly clear they're content just fixing cheeses and not actual bugs.

Yes, but at this point articles like that are clickbait. Some of those things are being fixed too.

I was planning to go out but there's a lot of snow outside. And there's sirens wailing in the distance. Yeah, I'm staying inside where it's safe from people who don't know how to drive in such conditions.
What general region do you live in? I'm right outside of Chicago and we got some snow. But, yeah, it's like it snows a quarter of an inch and everyone forgets how to drive in the snow. It's silly.

I have Thorn bounty but fuck that shit. I'm buying the Thorn upgrade. Not dealing with that Crucible requirement.
That's for the best. That void damage component is just absurd. Especially if you're like me, and don't have any good void primary weapons.

Bizazedo

Cømet;146651246 said:
Have you read it? Pretty much all of those 29 points are legitimate issues, and ones often complained about in this thread.

If people don't keep going on about it, Bungie doesn't have to fix it. They've made it perfectly clear they're content just fixing cheeses and not actual bugs.

Honestly? I'm kind of surprised there isn't more of a hubbub about the raids. I guess it's because "I DON'T CARE I AM GETTING LOOT", but the raids, the endgame aside from Crucible, have been a total failure due to the plentiful and easiness of the cheese.

VoG was trivialized for months and Crota has probably already died over a million times due to how easy the cheese is both to get to him and to execute him. It's ridiculous that I can, well could, easily count on having a 27 baby Hunter sail through the entirety of a Crota's End due to friends and basically be playing Hearthstone at the same time the whole way t hrough.

LiK

What general region do you live in? I'm right outside of Chicago and we got some snow. But, yeah, it's like it snows a quarter of an inch and everyone forgets how to drive in the snow. It's silly.

That's for the best. That void damage component is just absurd. Especially if you're like me, and don't have any good void primary weapons.

Thorn bounty would be pleasant if you don't lose points from dying. Not great for people who don't have good Void weapons.

Cømet

Banned
Yes, but at this point articles like that are clickbait. Some of those things are being fixed too.

Well it is IGN :p

Which is good! Hopefully the endless bitching will annoy Bungie as much as the loyal fanbase and more things will get ticked off the list. I really don't see why we can't transmog our raid armour so we can look how we like rather than being one of thousands of identical top levels.

Namikaze1

New England area and yeah, people just forget to slow the fuck down in this type of weather.

As for Thorn, I only have a few Void weapons but I rather not go through that bounty again.

Bizazedo

Cømet;146652788 said:
Well it is IGN :p

Which is good! Hopefully the endless bitching will annoy Bungie as much as the loyal fanbase and more things will get ticked off the list. I really don't see why we can't transmog our raid armour so we can look how we like rather than being one of thousands of identical top levels.

Seems like such an easy way to add a glimmer / mote / marks sink, doesn't it?

Thanks for your help DGAF! After work I'm off to farm some Glimmer and hopefully wind up with a tasty new Chestpiece and upgraded gun!

How exciting!

Jinjo

Iron Banner this time better have helmet and chest armor. Preferably at level 32. Will participate for the guns this time though, as RNG has forsaken me in getting a decent 331 attack Legendary primary.

X-Frame

Anyone else disappointed that Crota's End is its own instance when assembling the bridge?

Unlike Vault of Glass, you can't be on patrol on the Moon and watch 6 guardians descend into the Hellmouth.

Iron Banner this time better have helmet and chest armor. Preferably at level 32. Will participate for the guns this time though, as RNG has forsaken me in getting a decent 331 attack Legendary primary.
I really want to do Iron Banner this time around, as I didn't really have the time for it before. How much effort does it take to reach max Rank in IB?

Anyone else disappointed that Crota's End is its own instance when assembling the bridge?

Unlike Vault of Glass, you can't be on patrol on the Moon and watch 6 guardians descend into the Hellmouth.
Big time disappointment. I think it would super cool seeing people form the bridge or watching stuff going on while the bridge is forming.

Yeah, I don't quite get that decision. It's not any passerby can just hop into another person's VoG run.

Bizazedo

It sucks, but I know I'd end up screaming internally if I saw the bridge forming and then saw a public event I couldn't get to.

phen0m24

Hi.
Why more IB?
PvE players getting the shaft.
Again

Kinda getting tired of all this pvp focus. I can't be the only one.

TomShoe

Banned
Just beat the story. Level 18, 154 kills, no deaths. Time to level to 20 and start working on a full blue set. Already have chest and boots, need head, arms, and band.

How do you get your name on the "Those who have become legend" front page?

LiK

We need IB soon. As a 32, we might have more chances to play against players who are actually low enough to not do dmg more often if they're in a party. Unless MM completely negates that. I might try doing it solo with randoms rather than a full party.

Just beat the story. Level 18, 154 kills, no deaths. Time to level to 20 and start working on a full blue set. Already have chest and boots, need head, arms, and band.

How do you get your name on the "Those who have become legend" front page?

platinum on PS3/4 or or get all achievements on Xbox

todd360

My sister's school refused to close and now kids are stuck on buses. They closed after they realized they failed hard lol. She got lucky that her bus was late and my dad drove her there and back.

Namikaze1

We need IB soon. As a 32, we might have more chances to play against players who are actually low enough to not do dmg more often if they're in a party. Unless MM completely negates that. I might try doing it solo with randoms rather than a full party.
Get your helm of Saint-14 ready, we trollin' that night.

JTran2003

I am. like helping out people when I was around or seeing other players. CE feels empty not seeing others but maybe that was the purpose...

Frostburn

I will buy the Helm of Saint-14 upgrade since its a fun helm to use. Too bad Xur isn't selling Ghorn or Obsidian Mind or even an exotic Engram (I have a TON of motes of light). Oh well, one day I'll get a Ghorn...

That Gaf Crucibulldozer too strong, anything less than a decisive victory with a couple rage quits feels like a loss.

Agreed. If you can get 1 over with a 3 man team one can kill the ogres. Assuming the other 2 wipe on the near side of the bridge.

That part of CE is not terribly difficult. Our ragtag group of crazies got all 6 across last time. Just use flash bang or suppression grenades on the GK and he goes down quickly. Of course it didn't hurt that we had Dr Drizzay with us. :)

haha Fun Run team doesn't need any carry, everybody knows how to rock it out. Favorite part this week was definitely the first Crota attempt when I had the sword and was asking for the shield break when I heard you go "alright guys, let's go get this sword bearer!"

Jinjo

I'll be keeping some greens I get in the next few days for the IB next week. Lower your light before matchmaking, equip your bulletproof vest as soon as the match starts lol.

Seems like such an easy way to add a glimmer / mote / marks sink, doesn't it?

The whole, tons of different looks and weapons all with their own stories, you will be know immediately when you see other players, blah blah blha, pre launch drivel still irks me. I still haven't settled if it was pre launch marketing mumbo jumbo or just another thing that hit the chopping block before launch.

When Crucible matches start, if I am not wearing one of my more "unique" shaders, I will literally not be able to pick out my own player some times during the flag planting animation.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know I complained about this before, but how is receiving 2 shards for killing crota a thing! Happened to me twice yesterday. Someone gets shards, helmet and an exotic, and i get 2 shards? Alright :) RNG GIMME A HELMET.

LiK

Get your helm of Saint-14 ready, we trollin' that night.

Hope I get enough Rad Shards in time to upgrade my Titan to 32. I can't get enough fucking Wax Idols to swap Energies.

I'll be keeping some greens I get in the next few days for the IB next week. Lower your light before matchmaking, equip your bulletproof vest as soon as the match starts lol.

OMG, I will do this!

I know I complained about this before, but how is receiving 2 shards for killing crota a thing! Happened to me twice yesterday. Someone gets shards, helmet and an exotic, and i get 2 shards? Alright :) RNG GIMME A HELMET.

Yeah it sucks. The last two weeks my main has gotten 2 energy each time for killing Crota.

Did we discuss this part of the patch yet?:

Deathsinger Encounter
Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.

The only time I've NOT seen the Shriekers spawn is when everyone forgets to aggro the melee knights after pulling the witches out and don't kick off the encounter.

EL CUCO

This weekend is going to be all about the resurrection of my Hunter.

I can't believe I'm going to start over again on a class that I already had maxed once.

phen0m24

haha Fun Run team doesn't need any carry, everybody knows how to rock it out. Favorite part this week was definitely the first Crota attempt when I had the sword and was asking for the shield break when I heard you go "alright guys, let's go get this sword bearer!"

Dude by the time I went over and got ammo and came back left you got the chalice AND took down SB. I was like "What the...."

Thirst for 32 is real

Namikaze1

Did we discuss this part of the patch yet?:

The only time I've NOT seen the Shriekers spawn is when everyone forgets to aggro the melee knights after pulling the witches out and haven't started the encounter.
It happened to us a few times. We kill both witches, aggro'ed the knights, and the shriekers wouldn't immediately spawn.

That Gaf Crucibulldozer too strong, anything less than a decisive victory with a couple rage quits feels like a loss.

I want in on this. Give me a shout when a space opens up. Need to practice my thorn skillz

KeRaSh

Hi.
Why more IB?
PvE players getting the shaft.
Again

Kinda getting tired of all this pvp focus. I can't be the only one.

Same here. I guess they are either holding it back for House of the Wolves to give it some context or working on a few small new missions for the Queen's bounties to give us something new instead of having us kill Riksis a million times again.

Top Bottom