• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hi.
Why more IB?
PvE players getting the shaft.
Again

Kinda getting tired of all this PvP focus. I can't be the only one.
If anything, I'd say PvP players get the shaft period. We get 2-3 marks per game, very little in the way of rewards, so the Iron Banner is a nice event that at least gives back in a certain way.

And what else does Bungie have for PvE events? The Queen's Wrath? Snooze-fest. Though haven't the events been pretty even now? 2 times with Queen's Wrath and 2 times with Iron Banner? Just next week puts IB ahead.

LiK

Patch also confirmed about the Oversoul bug where it looked like it was destroyed but it still wiped us. I remember a few raid guys I joined didn't really believe me.

FUCK YOU NONBELIEVERS. I know a bug when I see it.

Skele7on

Banned
Patch also confirmed about the Oversoul bug where it looked like it was destroyed but it still wiped us. I remember a few raid guys I joined didn't really believe me.

I was believed that too.

Speaking of bugs, are they patching the VoG bug where once you retrieve the Venus relic, it sometimes won't allow you to portal back? Had that happen to me twice during a raid a couple of days ago. iRAWR said it was pretty common if you tried to sprint through it.

Lima

Did we discuss this part of the patch yet?:

The only time I've NOT seen the Shriekers spawn is when everyone forgets to aggro the melee knights after pulling the witches out and don't kick off the encounter.

Yup I don't know why they call this a rare issue when it can be reproduced. If you do not shoot any of the enemies down in the pit you do not get the notification that the Deathsinger has started preparing her song so that's why the shriekers don't spawn because the encounter hasn't started yet.

Happened to us this morning. This glitch is actually very common.

Jinjo

Speaking of bugs, are they patching the VoG bug where once you retrieve the Venus relic, it sometimes won't allow you to portal back? Had that happen to me twice during a raid a couple of days ago. iRAWR said it was pretty common if you tried to sprint through it.

Yeah, don't sprint and go through one at a time. Don't count on it being patched. Bungie seems to have forgotten VoG.

They should add a level 32 difficulty to VoG and have that drop upgraded armor/weapons.

E92 M3

Anyone else disappointed that Crota's End is its own instance when assembling the bridge?

Unlike Vault of Glass, you can't be on patrol on the Moon and watch 6 guardians descend into the Hellmouth.

Yes, even though I never witnessed guardians going in.

I know a bug when I see it.
Is this a bug?

3650619127_4ccbd70670_z.jpg

KeRaSh

If anything, I'd say PvP players get the shaft period. We get 2-3 marks per game, very little in the way of rewards, so the Iron Banner is a nice event that at least gives back in a certain way.

And what else does Bungie have for PvE events? The Queen's Wrath? Snooze-fest. Though haven't the events been pretty even now? 2 times with Queen's Wrath and 2 times with Iron Banner? Just next week puts IB ahead.

Queen's Wrath was only once if I remember correctly while this is the third IB.
They did say they felt like QW needed some overhauling so I have high expectations after such a long absence of the event.

has it been confirmed or not that primaries will drop at all stages of hard mode or just crota?

would be irritaing if armor dropped on hard mode when all peices are availabe in normal and will most likely need to be 32 to compete in hard mode compentnelty anyway.

I really want that scout and hand cannon. would be nice to have a good void primary since epilogue hasnt been used in over a month and wasnt super special to begin with

LTWood12

Was praying for the Hawkmoon upgrade today. 2/3 Gorgon chests were Hawkmoon last night (Sorry Lik).

My buddy T-44 got TLW from the nightfall, then from the gorgon chest last night (and he already had a 331 before both of these). So of course that's what Xur sells today.

We need IB soon. As a 32, we might have more chances to play against players who are actually low enough to not do dmg more often if they're in a party. Unless MM completely negates that. I might try doing it solo with randoms rather than a full party.
I really feel like it matches based on grimoire score more than gear. Why else did I keep getting stuck with entire teams of 29-30s when I was leveling up my level 4 warlock?

LiK

I don't think they're gonna bother fixing anything else at VoG at this point. They're focusing mainly on CE and the upcoming Hard mode. They seem to only fix bugs/exploits that become popular. The portal bug doesn't happen often enough for them to fix it, imo.

when I saw the patch notes, I said huh, thats a thing. I guess I was always looking down a sniper scope so I never really notices it before. i just thuoght we didnt get it in time.

Did you have to wipe, or did they eventually spawn?

What I'm getting at, is do you guys think the "fix" will be to change the encounter trigger to something more unavoidable than aggro'ing the knights?

No, they eventually spawned. I have no idea what triggered it. We just assumed it was lag.

I don't think they're gonna bother fixing anything else at VoG at this point. They're focusing mainly on CE and the upcoming Hard mode. They seem to only fix bugs/exploits that become popular. The portal bug doesn't happen often enough for them to fix it, imo.
Well, they've updated the exotic AP drops. That's a start and leaves me with some hope.
Huh. I had thought it had come back a second time. Was there another PvE event that had happened that maybe I am confusing it with?

Well I bought the Last Word, I don't have an exotic hand cannon and you guys mentioned it was good in pvp. Was going to get Skullfort, but I decided to save my coins. It's a cool looking helmet, but the perks are meh compared to something like Inmost Light.

Didn't get an answer my Ghorn with maxed dmg would be 331after upgrades so no need to upgrade via Xur?

Never done an upgrade trade hence my noobiness.

LiK

Well, they've updated the exotic AP drops. That's a start and leaves me with some hope.

Huh. I had thought it had come back a second time. Was there another PvE event that had happened that maybe I am confusing it with?

Yea, but the only reason they probably fixed the Exotic drops there was how frequently people bitched about it and it was probably an easy fix. Sucks that the Legendaries like VoC and FB weren't given the same treatment.

LTWood12

Well I bought the Last Word, I don't have an exotic hand cannon and you guys mentioned it was good in pvp. Was going to get Skullfort, but I decided to save my coins. It's a cool looking helmet, but the perks are meh compared to something like Inmost Light.

Yeah I was gone the only week xur offered the upgrade for Inmost Light, so I still just have the OG version of it. Normally rock the Glasshouse, but buying this for when I'm feeling Strikery.

Didn't get an answer my Ghorn with maxed dmg would be 331after upgrades so no need to upgrade via Xur?

Never done an upgrade trade hence my noobiness.

Yeah 331 is the new max damage. If your exotic is already higher then 300 attack then you have the new level 32 version of it so no need to upgrade.

They did say they felt like QW needed some overhauling so I have high expectations after such a long absence of the event.

Are people expecting IB to give CE raid level light for armor now?

Top Bottom