• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

Will we be seeing the exotics reset again come House of Wolves?

They really need to figure out a better system. We are possibly 2 months away (8 weeks) from House of Wolves and I am now just getting a good dent into leveling my exotic weapons and armour.

They better have it be free if fully levelled and come back levelled and paid if not leveled.

If they can make a 300 Vex into 323 in your inventory they can do that too.

I honestly hope they don't raise the level cap either. Let us enjoy 32 for awhile.

Watch it stay 32. Then go to 36 in comet then 38 in the Vex one and 40 in the Forge of Gods one.

Whatever they do, they need to let the core players enjoy being the top of the mountain for a bit without having to worry about regrinding. I think that's very important.

Carn82

is it me or does Hunger of Crota look like Gjallarhorn v2?

edit: it has a slighlty higher rate of fire but a bit lesser stats overall. And I confused clusterbomb with wolfpack rounds. So Ghorn wins.

Looking to do a flawless CE raid and need 3 more.

1. Dr.Drizzay101 ( 32)
2. Silvertonguebr (32)
3. Dhruv_hanom (32)
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Will we be seeing the exotics reset again come House of Wolves?

They really need to figure out a better system. We are possibly 2 months away (8 weeks) from House of Wolves and I am now just getting a good dent into leveling my exotic weapons and armour.

They better have it be free if fully levelled and come back levelled and paid if not leveled.

If they can make a 300 Vex into 323 in your inventory they can do that too.

I honestly hope they don't raise the level cap either. Let us enjoy 32 for awhile.

Watch it stay 32. Then go to 36 in comet then 38 in the Vex one and 40 in the Forge of Gods one.

I can't see them going away from the current exotic reset system until Comet or Destiny 2. I totally agree they need to fix it though. A level increase will almost be guaranteed I would say with House of Wolves as leveling up by gear only acquired through new content does 2 things. 1.) gets holdouts to buy new content possibly and 2.) gets those that already have it to play the new content.

I know that I personally would not run CE over and over just for gear if Vendor versions of equipment got me to the same cap.

So fucking typical. Complete first gold Pub Quest get Ascendant Energy and Mote of Light.

Then I go to collect my reward from the Postmaster... What is it? Not a Strange Coin that I need but a fucking Mote of Light. Destiny, why are you so unfair.

Frostburn

Looking to do a flawless CE raid and need 3 more.

1. Dr.Drizzay101 ( 32)
2. Silvertonguebr (32)
3. Dhruv_hanom (32)
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Would you take a 31? If not no big deal *Still need to kill Crota on my Hunter and Titan sometime before reset anyway but I'd probably use my Warlock for the attempt.

Dazzler

pretty quiet Xursday for me. Cashed in the Eris bounty that's been taking up one of my slots since Tuesday and bought the warlock chest piece for my soon to be created warlockbro

Deku Tree

Good thing I still have Sapphire Wire from my previous Hunter. The class material has been the biggest stick in my ass with the Titan.

Yup. I fortunately saved my old Titans plating stuff. Saves a lot of pain.

Level 16 = strangers rifle time.
Saved that too.

Anyone else having just shit luck with drops from Crota? I done it 2x since launch and have 2 Song of Ir Yut to show for it. Its starting to break my spirit with this game, which I have played almost daily since release.

yeah, i didnt really compare the things, just glanced at it and thought "thats not bad".
Still a fantastic purple alternative, especially against Crota, but the tracking is much weaker and the clusters also do not track, so most are wasted. They stun pretty well though.

LTWood12

I have had too many instances of getting the same exotic right in a row, and SEEN too many instances of it w/ people i'm playing with. For it to have been totally random would be statistically impossible.

In the past two weeks:

Received Truth from Nightfall. Two days later, receive Truth from Crota. Five days later, Get Truth From Crota Chest.

Receive Hawkmoon from Gorgon chest. Switch to alt and immediately receive Hawkmoon from same chest.

Friend gets Last Word from Nightfall. Later in the evening gets TLW from Gorgon chest.

Friend gets Hard Light from Crota on Sunday. Gets Hardlight from Nightfall Tuesday.

And about a month ago:

Get Gjallarhorn from Nightfall over the weekend. Tuesday morning, Gjallarhorn from Crota chest.

Anyone have similar stories? This just seems far too frequent to be random.

Bizazedo

Hmmm. Need to see if I can get my 27 Titan alt access to the Raid before the patch. Which means I need to go through the entire Eris questline before Xur is gone. Could really use some more shards to upgrade him.

You don't need to finish the Eris quests to be taken to CE.

It's only a problem if I go for ammo up on the knight platform or if someone jumps in front of my Gjalla-ohnoohgoshoversoulwellcrap

Lol

This is a fair point.

Or you could do what I did: Peak out to see where Crota is and get wrecked by the two Ogres. We had a great run going, I got bored and decided to play near the train tracks. I got smashed and you guys had to scramble. Sounds about right.

phen0m24

Anyone else having just bantha poodoo luck with drops from Crota? I done it 2x since launch and have 2 Song of Ir Yut to show for it. Its starting to break my spirit with this game, which I have played almost daily since release.
I got 3 Light of the Abyss my first 3 raids.
Byron didn't get a Vex until his 40 something raid.

Patience grasshopper

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So fucking typical. Complete first gold Pub Quest get Ascendant Energy and Mote of Light.

Then I go to collect my reward from the Postmaster... What is it? Not a Strange Coin that I need but a fucking Mote of Light. Destiny, why are you so unfair.
Public events are not a good source of strange coins. If you don't have any more characters to run the Weekly Heroic Strike on, I suggest running Roc strikes and decrypting many blue engrams. If you aren't level 26, it may be tricky, but you may be able to find people here to help as well.

Frostburn

We're just doing Crucible until we have enough for flawless. It was only the Crucible team that was full.

I would say Lv32 is "required" to do the flawless group. No reason to risk it really.

Thats cool, I'll bow out then, I have the gear to get my hunter to 32 but not enough shards as I was trying to get my "Main" Warlock to 32 but have been super unlucky and have yet to get a Chest or Helm for him to drop from CE.

I have had too many instances of getting the same exotic right in a row, and SEEN too many instances of it w/ people i'm playing with. For it to have been totally random would be statistically impossible.

In the past two weeks:

Received Truth from Nightfall. Two days later, receive Truth from Crota. Five days later, Get Truth From Crota Chest.

Receive Hawkmoon from Gorgon chest. Switch to alt and immediately receive Hawkmoon from same chest.

Friend gets Last Word from Nightfall. Later in the evening gets TLW from Gorgon chest.

Friend gets Hard Light from Crota on Sunday. Gets Hardlight from Nightfall Tuesday.

And about a month ago:

Get Gjallarhorn from Nightfall over the weekend. Tuesday morning, Gjallarhorn from Crota chest.

It just sounds like you're one lucky Guardian! I get an exotic drop maybe twice a month! In the past month I've gotten The Last Word and Gjallerhorn from drops. That's it.

Manp

I hear that. I've a Bad JuJu that's just sitting in my vault that I've never touched. I'd level up a new version of it, though.

isn't just easier to wait for the bounty again? i mean it's not that hard and not only you don't waste an exotic shard for the trade in but you also get 1 or 2 from dismantling the old weapon.

that's what i did... and i have received the exotic bounties 3 other times already since then.

ethomaz

Banned
The Last Word... finally (yeap I missed it before).

Now how the fuck Xur is not selling a Exotic Engram? I have motes of light for what?

Now I just need money to upgrade all my weapons to 331 :(

R0ckman

In the past two weeks:

And about a month ago:

All I know is that despite popular belief, Xur is not random. There was a twitch broadcast where Deej revealed it, its gone now and Deej backtracked. The developers apparently are not even in control of what Xur sales, there's some weird unseen hand over them as well.

Top Bottom