• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

So what was the point of offering two exclusive weapons for PS4 owners when most(?) of us haven't gotten them and, in my case, probably won't til exclusivity is up and Xur can sell it.

I mean each DLC is technically going to make your chances of getting these weapons harder and harder, right? More possible weapons thrown into the mix as possibilities to drop in the raids and nightfalls which you can only get once a week per guardian. So if I didn't get Hawkmoon in the first three months this game was out then my already shitty chances of getting it are slimming.

From what I've seen of "exclusive content" for other games it's usually just trash gear that you won't use beyond the initial phase of the game. Saying that, Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo don't really fit that mold due to the way Bungie is handling exotics being upgraded so far. I assume they did it because Sony made them offer something Xbox owners couldn't get for a year. If this game carries on like they plan for it to I can see them offering old exotics to be purchased eventually, but yeah, the growing exotic loot pool makes it really hard to come by them.

todd360

Did you get your thing

R5Z4T5m.jpg

zewone

Yep, I acknowledged that in the first sentence.

My question though is why make them exclusive when a lot of people who buy it can't enjoy the content?
Even if they weren't exclusive, you still at least have a chance of getting them.

Do you have a Thunderlord or any other exotic weapon that Xur hasn't sold? Why not complain about that while you're at it.

You don't need a Monte Carlo, 4th Horseman, or Hawkmoon to enjoy the game and it gives you something to go after.

Mindlog

GL Flawless Crota team. If any more 32s want to try later tonight I'd be down. Also going to try solo flawless again. Should be easier now that I know AP Rifles can also draw out the Deathsinger Wizards.
Do Black Wax drop from Awoken the Hive? I need a dark spot I can respawn more quickly.
The Steppes is pretty quick.

I'll top off 120 Heavy Ammo Synth with Xur. Would buy more, but that's all I can fit in my Vaults.

Namikaze1

I still want a Universal Remote just for my collection. I have every exotic weapon* but that and Necrochasm.

*Fate of All Fools doesn't count cause it doesn't exist for all but 1 Destiny player.

Doesn't No Land Beyond drop from a primary engram? How would you have got a sniper anyway?
I still want a Void something! Athean sucks. Truth is the 300 version. Pradyth's is obsolete. I just want a good Void anything!

LiK

I think only Majors and Ultra drop them.

Your probably better off running a random story level on Heroic with more Majors.

Or you could farm the 3 majors who spawn right when you enter Cosmodrome patrol.

Yea, been doing that but only got 3-4 in 40 minutes and sometimes randoms fuck up the respawns. Sucks.

It does if you select heroic, it drops only from the 3 yellow acolytes/knight tho

Yea, I'll bump it up for that. Faster that way anyway

GL Flawless Crota team. If any more 32s want to try later tonight I'd be down. Also going to try solo flawless again. Should be easier now that I know AP Rifles can also draw out the Deathsinger Wizards.

No, too slow now. I get more Silken Codex than Wax after TDB came out.

I still want a Universal Remote just for my collection. I have every exotic weapon* but that and Necrochasm.

*Fate of All Fools doesn't count cause it doesn't exist for all but 1 Destiny player.

I still want a Void something! Athean sucks. Truth is the 300 version. Pradyth's is obsolete. I just want a good Void anything!

Is there a reason you spell Atheon as Athean all the time or is it some weird autocorrect?

I'll top off 120 Heavy Ammo Synth with Xur. Would buy more, but that's all I can fit in my Vaults.

Good luck you guys :) Not that you'll even need it.

Hey as Bogs said, I don't want to be the only 31 and somehow screw up and let a knight him me during Deathsinger or something. I'd feel like absolute crap if I was the one that died there and let the team down. Let some 32 take my place.

Thanks guys :-D
Also frostburn I'll be ready to help you net that kill when you're up for it.

Yes I was going to ask (beg) a group to try it after 4 today.

ethomaz

Banned
How much money I need?

- Hard Light 7k
- Thorn 7k
- Mida Multi Tool 7k
- Suros Regime
- Plan C 7k
- Monte Carlo 7k

Over 42k Jesus.

Even if they weren't xclusive, you still at least have a chance of getting them.

Do you have a Thunderlord or any other exotic weapon that Xur hasn't sold? Why not complain about that while you're at it.

You don't need a Monte Carlo, 4th Horseman, or Hawkmoon to enjoy the game and it gives you something to go after.

None of that shit was pitched to me as exclusive content.

Their loot system is a broken mess, seems like many can agree on that. I wanted what was being advertised as the "best/most complete" version of Destiny so I bought the PS4 version, yet I barely have more content than the XB1 players and won't be able to have real access to the exclusive weapons til that exclusive period is up...which is crap.

zewone

I'm curious as to why you guys level up every exotic?

There's only a select few that I use in PVE and the PVP exotics don't need to be upgraded.

Sullichin

Field Scout or Perfect Balance on Thunderlord? I usually go with Perfect Balance. I know you can switch to field scout, reload and then swap back to Perfect Balance but eh. I do miss the bigger clip though and I suppose it gets more out of lightning rounds, but I land more crits with perfect balance. It has awesome DPS against bosses.

E92 M3

I'm curious as to why you guys level up every exotic?

There's only a select few that I use in PVE and the PVP exotics don't need to be upgraded.

I don't either...they'll be updated for wolves again. Also, each exotic takes too long. I upgrade the ones I like and the others are for collection purposes.

Top Bottom