• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Arc damage, no full auto

On that site, the raid pulse is listed to have an impact rating of 4... is this a mistake? The AR has a rating of 8...

Still excited about Sunday's sword school. That's 6pm Eastern, correct? I'm in Central time zone so just want to make sure I'm on at the right time.

LordofPwn

We're just doing Crucible until we have enough for flawless. It was only the Crucible team that was full.

I would say Lv32 is "required" to do the flawless group. No reason to risk it really.

Hey i'm a comin for your grimoire score! 2745*

stupid thing didnt give me my +5 for kills with hunter in crucible rank 3 last night... if it would have i'd be up to 2750, but i'm totally not bitter about that at all...

pompidu

Didnt realize this but all my legendary and exotic equipment is now useless since this dlc. My brother has a higher light level than me with only two legendaries. And he started a week ago. Wtffff

Public events are not a good source of strange coins. If you don't have any more characters to run the Weekly Heroic Strike on, I suggest running Roc strikes and decrypting many blue engrams. If you aren't level 26, it may be tricky, but you may be able to find people here to help as well.

Unrelated to the quote but I figured it would get your attention. Was your twitch stream of the newbie raid from last night archived? I wanted to tune in but was in my own raid at the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On that site, the raid pulse is listed to have an impact rating of 4... is this a mistake? The AR has a rating of 8...
Seems to be... the pulse is full auto on the other hand and shoots through knight shields so I still want it pretty bad.
Still excited about Sunday's sword school. That's 6pm Eastern, correct? I'm in Central time zone so just want to make sure I'm on at the right time.
Yep, 6PM Est!
Unrelated to the quote but I figured it would get your attention. Was your twitch stream of the newbie raid from last night archived? I wanted to tune in but was in my own raid at the time.
It's available here for the moment: http://www.twitch.tv/thehawkian/b/608777660

And I'm making a highlight clip of our Oracle experience to throw to Youtube

20,000 to 1800. That was just silly.

Thats cool, I'll bow out then, I have the gear to get my hunter to 32 but not enough shards as I was trying to get my "Main" Warlock to 32 but have been super unlucky and have yet to get a Chest or Helm for him to drop from CE.

I mean I'm flexible with it but being 1 level under is definitely a little risky. As long as you play super conservative it really is only an issue on DSinger and Crota. DS is probably the hardest part in terms of flawless.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Disappointing week from Xur yet again. Bought the Titan helm, just because. What else am I going to do with all these coins...

E92 M3

Didnt realize this but all my legendary and exotic equipment is now useless since this dlc. My brother has a higher light level than me with only two legendaries. And he started a week ago. Wtffff

Lol Bungie's TDB "reset". It did suck a lot and I hope they do something different for The House Stark DLC.

Disappointing week from Xur yet again. Bought the Titan helm, just because. What else am I going to do with all these coins...

Heavies heavies heavies :)

The Last Word... finally (yeap I missed it before).

Now how the fuck Xur is not selling a Exotic Engram? I have motes of light for what?

Now I just need money to upgrade all my weapons to 331 :(

I wish xur let you trade in a mote of light for 500 glimmer. At least they'd be useful then.

Frostburn

20,000 to 1800. That was just silly.

I mean I'm flexible with it but being 1 level under is definitely a little risky. As long as you play super conservative it really is only an issue on DSinger and Crota. DS is probably the hardest part in terms of flawless.

I'm fine with someone taking my place. I don't think it will be much tougher come the patch on Tuesday unless they create new bugs.

Public events are not a good source of strange coins. If you don't have any more characters to run the Weekly Heroic Strike on, I suggest running Roc strikes and decrypting many blue engrams. If you aren't level 26, it may be tricky, but you may be able to find people here to help as well.

Thanks Hawkian! I managed to decrypt a blue and got a Strange Coin that way :3

I can now farm some glimmer and have both Starfire Protocol and an upgraded MIDA - So happy.

TP-DK

I have had too many instances of getting the same exotic right in a row, and SEEN too many instances of it w/ people i'm playing with. For it to have been totally random would be statistically impossible.

In the past two weeks:

Received Truth from Nightfall. Two days later, receive Truth from Crota. Five days later, Get Truth From Crota Chest.

Receive Hawkmoon from Gorgon chest. Switch to alt and immediately receive Hawkmoon from same chest.

Friend gets Last Word from Nightfall. Later in the evening gets TLW from Gorgon chest.

Friend gets Hard Light from Crota on Sunday. Gets Hardlight from Nightfall Tuesday.

And about a month ago:

Get Gjallarhorn from Nightfall over the weekend. Tuesday morning, Gjallarhorn from Crota chest.

Anyone have similar stories? This just seems far too frequent to be random.

Well, it is softwarebased so it will never be completely random.

R0ckman

Due to the way they are handling Xur many people probably have a CRAP ton of coins saved up, what do you think Bungie will do about this? Continue to sell crap forever? Make it so strange coins are used for other things as well? Devalue them altogether, add another currency to Xur?

So what was the point of offering two exclusive weapons for PS4 owners when most(?) of us haven't gotten them and, in my case, probably won't til exclusivity is up and Xur can sell it.

I mean each DLC is technically going to make your chances of getting these weapons harder and harder, right? More possible weapons thrown into the mix as possibilities to drop in the raids and nightfalls which you can only get once a week per guardian. So if I didn't get Hawkmoon in the first three months this game was out then my already shitty chances of getting it are slimming.

E92 M3

I bought a few, got them Ruin Wings though.

Yeah, unfortunately they are glitchy for now.

Due to the way they are handling Xur many people probably have a CRAP ton of coins saved up, what do you think Bungie will do about this? Continue to sell crap forever? Make it so strange coins are used for other things as well? Devalue them altogether, add another currency to Xur?

You'd be surprised how many people are short on coins every week. Majority do not have hundreds. Though I am conservative with them if Bungie decides to give them a new purpose.

Frostburn

Alright,

Here's the team for CE flawless

1. Drdrizzay101
2. SlivertongueBR
3. Dhruv_hanom
4. frostburn
5. xplictone
6. Cosmos_man

Hey as Bogs said, I don't want to be the only 31 and somehow screw up and let a knight him me during Deathsinger or something. I'd feel like absolute crap if I was the one that died there and let the team down. Let some 32 take my place.

zewone

Do Black Wax drop from Awoken the Hive? I need a dark spot I can respawn more quickly.

I think only Majors and Ultra drop them.

Your probably better off running a random story level on Heroic with more Majors.

Or you could farm the 3 majors who spawn right when you enter Cosmodrome patrol.

Oh absolutely.

zewone

So what was the point of offering two exclusive weapons for PS4 owners when most(?) of us haven't gotten them and, in my case, probably won't til exclusivity is up and Xur can sell it.

I mean each DLC is technically going to make your chances of getting these weapons harder and harder, right? More possible weapons thrown into the mix as possibilities to drop in the raids and nightfalls which you can only get once a week per guardian. So if I didn't get Hawkmoon in the first three months this game was out then my already shitty chances of getting it are slimming.

You can get the 3 exclusive PS weapons when Xur sells them this Fall.

Top Bottom