• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

Considering how much raid armor drops from the raid, I'd be totally fine with it.

Two pieces, as in the second IB. Would be appropriate.

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel yet.

I'd be fine with it. The more people at higher levels, the better. Plus it would make me actually play IB as I'd like to see some different armor perks than what the raid armor offers and may go for some of those over what I have from the raid. It would also give me something to do with this pile of ass shards.

You're right; I completely forgot about a use for ass shards.

phen0m24

Where do you do VoG glimmer farming? Is it better than the 9 ultras at the start of Extraction Zone? You can get about 400 per minute there

Gatekeepers on normal. Scroll up a few posts.

592 glimmer in about 30 seconds.

Also no terrible dun dun dun dun dun dun dun music

Word of Crota has exploding rounds and Phantom Gift (three precision returns one to the mag). Is that going to create a similar issue to Black Hammer?

In other words, will the AoE damage screw up the precision chain?

Ryck

Did you get a 331 attack Hawkmoon?

And I believe you need to be shooting at enemies that are at least level 22, because my Hawkmoons regular damage is like 1800 and 2300 with bonus.

Yeah 331, got it in the first chest in the crota raid, felt like Christmas. Level 22? That makes sense I was testing it on patrol. So it does more damage depending on the level of the enemy?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel yet.
What is your objection?
Where do you do VoG glimmer farming? Is it better than the 9 ultras at the start of Extraction Zone? You can get about 400 per minute there
It's over 1000 a minute
That's my exact loadout as well for my hunter. For IB can you revive teammates? Going to throw on my Alpha Lupi exotic if so.
Absolutely not. It's Control.

joecanada

Is it worth upgrading TLW and Suros to the higher attack if all I ever use them in is PVP?

well you still get the perks but in suros case i'm keeping it at vanilla for the faster fire rate for now... what are the perks on TLW? If they are helpful in pvp then i would say yes.........

zewone

Word of Crota has exploding rounds and Phantom Gift (three precision returns one to the mag). Is that going to create a similar issue to Black Hammer?

Highly likely. What's the benefit of using explosive rounds?
Yeah 331, got it in the first chest in the crota raid, felt like Christmas. Level 22? That makes sense I was testing it on patrol. So it does more damage depending on the level of the enemy?

Yeah. I think it has something to do with the way the game scales down your attack for low level enemies. To get the full effect use it in some level 30 content and you can see the difference.

Do you think that Hawkmoon should just have been on sale at the gunsmith? Because that sounds pretty lame to me.

I was thinking as a bounty so you actually have to earn it, but I'd be fine with it being on sale at the gunsmith too. I don't know how that's any more lame than getting it randomly as a drop out of pure luck. At least you have to earn the glimmer to buy it from the gunsmith in that case. Much more impressive than being the worst player in a crucible match and getting it or joining a tiger strike at the very end while everyone did all of the work.

You mean like almost every other strike in the game?

That's exactly what I mean. Their content is already lacking, so pitching content to us as "exclusive" is funny to me when it's just one extra room.

Gonna roll with Hawkmoon, Secret Handshake, Hunger of Crota, and Helm of Saint-14 come Iron Banner.
What makes the Secret Handshake so good? I have The Crash, which has Luck in the Chamber and Shot Package, where as my Secret Handshake does not. So, I've been using The Crash over it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's always worth upgrading any gun you intend to use to its unique perk ("The Last Word" for The Last Word), in any context. Damage upgrades (there are 4 bubbles beyond that perk) have no impact on PvP at all besides Iron Banner.

edit:

I really disagree about not upgrading the Suros... focused fire makes it easier to get headshots and makes them do more damage...

zewone

Wait so is vanilla Suros Regime more effective in normal PvP than a fully leveled one due to the rate of fire?

I think it's debatable, but I never use it anymore. I can't stand auto rifles.

I might upgrade it because I know that Iron Banner is going to have the same lame bounties and it's a good gun to get the headshots with AR bounty.

LiK

Wait so is vanilla Suros Regime more effective in normal PvP than a fully leveled one due to the rate of fire?

Depends on which RoF you're comfortable with. Faster RoF for spray and pray or slower RoF for better headshots and more dmg. They made the stability worse after every nerf anyway so I don't even bother with ARs in PVP anymore.

zewone

What makes the Secret Handshake so good? I have The Crash, which has Luck in the Chamber and Shot Package, where as my Secret Handshake does not. So, I've been using The Crash over it.

High rate of fire and Shot Package comes stock with the vendor version.

Does your Crash have the same or faster RoF?

hydruxo

Yes. Getting that next upgrade slows the rate of fire. While it still kills pretty good. Yah gotta make those head shots to do it.

Suros is better with the focused fire upgrade, gives you more of a chance to be precise with your shots and get head shots. I've never understood people just using unupgraded suros and saying it's better than an upgraded one. If you're doing that then you might as well just use a Vanquisher or Shadow Price.

The Hive Disruptor perk will probably screw it up on Hive majors if it's similar to BH.

ocean

Banned
Doubt it. Without upgrades it's no better than Shadow Price or other legendary ARs and hardly worth the Exotic slot over Plan C or Thunderlord or something.

Perks are what give it above-legendary range/stability. You can get head shots from silly distances with upgraded Suros and the ADS bullets hit like a truck.

Dazzler

The worst thing about the SUROS is the sound it makes. It was bad before update and just as bad after.

Hard Light is the GOAT for gun sounds in this game

pretty much using it exclusively because of how good it sounds through headphones

As you can see, you'll hear two different sides of the story. In multiplayer, your impact is what makes the difference in damage. When aiming down sights, the Suros gets more impact with the slower rate of fire. You can do more DPS without the upgrade, but you if you more accurate, you can do more with less with the upgrade.

Top Bottom