• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Bogeypop

I'm curious as to why you guys level up every exotic?

There's only a select few that I use in PVE and the PVP exotics don't need to be upgraded.

Cos we crazy.

KXP80gM.gif

And you never know when something might get buffed or debuffed. I usually just fill the bubbles on all my weapons and only fully upgrade weapons that I use constantly like my Ice Breaker since I expect them to have 3.0 versions in House of Wolves

zewone

None of that shit was pitched to me as exclusive content.

Their loot system is a broken mess, seems like many can agree on that. I wanted what was being advertised as the "best/most complete" version of Destiny so I bought the PS4 version, yet I barely have more content than the XB1 players and won't be able to have real access to the exclusive weapons til that exclusive period is up...which is crap.

So....you're upset that you bought the PS4 version of the game because it doesn't have the exclusive weapons available right away (exclusive PVP map and Strikes are easily accesible)?

Your other option would have been to buy the XB1 version where you don't even have a chance at getting those items.

I don't get the logic.

Ever since I started using Hawkmoon I tend to run out of ammo fast for a primary. Luckily the ammo synthesis only cost 100 so I pop one of those bad boys all the time.

Plenty of time to farm glimmer tonight and tomorrow if you need it. I can lead a pro team to the Gatekeeper checkpoint sometime tonight if nobody has one

I'd like to get in on that if possible! Need me some glimmer c:

or if anyone has the normal CP now if I could steal it real quick :p

Coconut

Banned
"even though you’ve been busily swinging that sword into poor Crota’s big shiny green mug between dainty bites of soft, warm cheese."

Lol.

ethomaz

Banned
Farm VoG glimmer 2-3 times and you have plenty. The question is if you have enough Exotic shards.
Good point... I have only 2 but enough Strange Coins to buy all of them but I think it is a waste.

I will upgrade just 2 this time :D

Mindlog

No, too slow now. I get more Silken Codex than Wax after TDB came out.
The video show a way to speed it up. It even fixes the respawn hiccups :]
Otherwise I believe that Sword of Crota Heroic spot is second fastest.

I'm never going to get Obsidian Mind. The Destitute Obsidian Mind (Skull of Akihabara or whetever) just isn't the same. I would spend 130 Coins and 120 Motes for Obsidian Mind.

Plenty of time to farm glimmer tonight and tomorrow if you need it. I can lead a pro team to the Gatekeeper checkpoint sometime tonight if nobody has one

Are you all planning to farm Gatekeeper? If so please count me in. I could use some glimmer and vex bonds.

EL CUCO

How does TLW compare to Thorn in PVP?

I personally don't get killed often by TLW so I'm still not sure how effective it is over Thorn or Kawkmoon.

Is the range complete garbage? My HC game is mostly mid range+. Up close it's always a quick triangle and a buck shot, so close range HC usage doesn't really appeal to me.

I hear that. I've a Bad JuJu that's just sitting in my vault that I've never touched. I'd level up a new version of it, though.

Got tired of waiting, so I just did the bounty again when I got the chance instead. Did the same thing for SGA and Invective. Thorn's a pain in the ass so I actually upgraded that one through Xur.

Skipped out on upgrading PI since I just dont use it enough and my existing one was already leveled to 300.

So....you're upset that you bought the PS4 version of the game because it doesn't have the exclusive weapons available right away (exclusive PVP map and Strikes are easily accesible)?

Your other option would have been to buy the XB1 version where you don't even have a chance at getting those items.

I don't get the logic.

You don't understand that I don't care for the fact that I can't access the content we were lead to believe we'd get and that I might as well have bought the XB1 version since I can't use those weapons anyway?

Not sure how else to explain it to you then.

And it's hilarious you mention exclusive strikes which are just one more room tacked on to existing missions anyone can play. So lame.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I personally don't get killed often by TLW so I'm still not sure how effective it is over Thorn or Kawkmoon.

Is the range complete garbage? My HC game is mostly mid range+. Up close it's always a quick triangle and a buck shot, so close range HC usage doesn't really appeal to me.
lol. tlw is the close range hand cannon.

Deku Tree

Are you all planning to farm Gatekeeper? If so please count me in. I could use some glimmer and vex bonds.

I am planning to want to farm glimmer later tonight on my new Titan if I can get him up to the proper level by then which should be fine. I should still have the normal gorgons checkpoint on one of my toons too I hope I didn't lose it but no reason that I should have lost it.

ethomaz

Banned
Can you explain how to farm in the Gatekeeper? Thanks.

I guess I have the checkpoint.

Bogeypop

The video show a way to speed it up. It even fixes the respawn hiccups :]
Otherwise I believe that Sword of Crota Heroic spot is second fastest.

I'm never going to get Obsidian Mind. The Destitute Obsidian Mind (Skull of Akihabara or whetever) just isn't the same. I would spend 130 Coins and 120 Motes for Obsidian Mind.

I'll gladly trade you my Obsidian Mind for a Hawkmoon or GHorn. I don't PvP whatsoever so the only use I have for it really is when I have the 20 Super Bounty. Self-res is too valuable to trade for a nuke, so I'm a Sunsinger most of the time.

Even a SUROS would make me think about it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ever since I started using Hawkmoon I tend to run out of ammo fast for a primary. Luckily the ammo synthesis only cost 100 so I pop one of those bad boys all the time.

Same. Having armor that gives + handcannon ammo makes a really big difference.

zewone

Until iron banner.
Iron Banner damage difference was very disappointing last time. Didn't seem all that different from regular crucible.

TLW is a monster at close to mid range. You can pop off like 3 or 4 shots before a Thorn or Hawkmoon user can get their second shot.

At long range you have to aim down sights and you can make it work, but Hawkmoon and Thorn will best it here.

If you have extra coins, it's worth a shot, I feel it's the best PVP gun in the game. But it doesn't reach it's full potential until you unlock the exotic perk.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am planning to want to farm glimmer later tonight on my new Titan if I can get him up to the proper level by then which should be fine. I should still have the normal gorgons checkpoint on one of my toons too I hope I didn't lose it but no reason that I should have lost it.
I don't actually need the glimmer this week myself but if we need a quick group to just get to the gatekeepers to pass the checkpoint around I'm happy to help. Otherwise if you have the CP already someone who needs to get the glimmer can have my spot. Though I suppose I wouldn't mind grabbing that Gorgon chest :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Range is garbage, but close range, nothing is better.

TLW is god-tier at close range but only decent at mid (like close mid) and basically useless at long. Thorn on the other hand is great at mid and long range but not the best up close (though still viable).

LiK

IB needs to turn off MM based on level and skill period. Low level scrubs who decide to join it should be stomped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

you go around in a clockwise circle killing major goblins and hobgoblins, sticking close to the rest of the team, making orbs constantly, then you die.

It's not really worth trying to figure out from explanation though, you should just join/form a group for it if you have the CP and need glimmer and just make sure one person knows what to do. After two rounds you'll get it completely.

Rubenov

TLW has the fastes DPS of them all up to mid-range.

As I said before I prefer using the Vex for this distance (as my style is aggressive and I don't mind jumping in groups of enemies) but if there was no vex I'd use TLW.

Ryck

Same here just got it this week and i got it fully upgraded. Been trying to use it but it runs out of ammo really fast and is barely more powerful than my rare "polite denial" (1127 perscision shot versus 1112) so far I am kinda underwhelmed with it. It does have the three rounds that do like 1500 damage but the ammo thing is really annoying.

Got a "devil you don't" with outlaw, field scout and mulligan that I am leveling up this week as well. Gonna do a nice little comparison with Hawkmoon and Polite Denial when I am done.

zewone

You don't understand that I don't care for the fact that I can't access the content we were lead to believe we'd get and that I might as well have bought the XB1 version since I can't use those weapons anyway?

Not sure how else to explain it to you then.

Do you think that Hawkmoon should just have been on sale at the gunsmith? Because that sounds pretty lame to me.
And it's hilarious you mention exclusive strikes which are just one more room tacked on to existing missions anyone can play. So lame.
You mean like almost every other strike in the game?

phen0m24

Whole team goes from one side of the room to the other together. Once first person uses super, kills two or three yellow-bar Vex, the next person picks up the orbs and kills the next group of yellow bar Vex with his super, and the last person does the same at the last group.

Basically you chain the supers together in a semi-circle and get 592 glimmer for your trouble in less than 30 seconds.*

*if done right and after "pop a polyphage"**

**not to be sung in the tune of "Happy Holidays"
sorry Dr Drizz

Also insanely useful for those "GENERATE ORBS" bounties

Edit: Beaten like a dead horse by the Hawk man

"even though you’ve been busily swinging that sword into poor Crota’s big shiny green mug between dainty bites of soft, warm cheese."

Lol.
yeah, I wish urk wrote the update every week!

I wonder what he's doing over there these days, has he graduated to game design?

zewone

Same here just got it this week and i got it fully upgraded. Been trying to use it but it runs out of ammo really fast and is barely more powerful than my rare "polite denial" (1127 perscision shot versus 1112) so far I am kinda underwhelmed with it. It does have the three rounds that do like 1500 damage but the ammo thing is really annoying.

Got a "devil you don't" with outlaw, field scout and mulligan that I am leveling up this week as well. Gonna do a nice little comparison with Hawkmoon and Polite Denial when I am done.

Did you get a 331 attack Hawkmoon?

And I believe you need to be shooting at enemies that are at least level 22, because my Hawkmoons regular damage is like 1800 and 2300 with bonus.

EL CUCO

Thanks for the info, guys!

I'm still on the fence on the TLW. My curiosity is nudging me to pick it up but I know I really have no use for it.

I got plenty of coins but I hate wasting them just to "try" something out lol Maybe I'll just keep waiting on a drop.

Homeboyd

How would you guys feel if Bungie made 36 light armor available for the IB event? Too soon?
I'd be fine with it. The more people at higher levels, the better. Plus it would make me actually play IB as I'd like to see some different armor perks than what the raid armor offers and may go for some of those over what I have from the raid. It would also give me something to do with this pile of ass shards.

Dunk#7

Farm VoG glimmer 2-3 times and you have plenty. The question is if you have enough Exotic shards.

Where do you do VoG glimmer farming? Is it better than the 9 ultras at the start of Extraction Zone? You can get about 400 per minute there

Top Bottom