• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Absolutely not. It's Control.

Damn. Thanks for the clarification.

Also I just saw the pure power of Hawkmoon in rumble. Destroyed a lot of people, those random bullets come in handy. And the range is amazing.

With the load out Hawkmoon/Secret Handshake/Hunger of Crota I was almost unstoppable. It was amazing how being a Bladedancer hunter has been useful to me. I love it when Titans throw up their bubble. Also I'm getting use to blinking around. It is great for throwing people off, getting close and shotgunning or backstabbing strike if you get behind them.

High rate of fire and Shot Package comes stock with the vendor version.

Does your Crash have the same or faster RoF?
Lower rate of fire and higher range. I got Secret Handshake from a drop or a vendor package, so its properties are not the same, it seems. In addition my The Crash has a longer range in its properties.

hydruxo

Damn. Thanks for the clarification.

Also I just saw the pure power of Hawkmoon in rumble. Destroyed a lot of people, those random bullets come in handy. And the range is amazing.

With the load out Hawkmoon/Secret Handshake/Hunger of Crota I was almost unstoppable. It was amazing how being a Bladedancer hunter has been useful to me. I love it when Titans throw up their bubble. Also I'm getting use to blinking around. It is great for throwing people off, getting close and shotgunning or backstabbing strike if you get behind them.

Hawkmoon is my favorite gun in the game by far. So satisfying to get two shot kills or even the super rare one shot kill. With hammer forged it's pretty much a sniper if you've got good aim. Gun is a beast.

Homeboyd

Is the titan helm Xur's selling any good for PvE?
Not really. Helps melee which most ppl avoid in pve.

Saint 14 is way better if you have it. Skullfort looks awesome though... it's got that going for it. Helm of inmost light is also better. Glasshouse is decent. I'd say skullfort is the worst of the bunch and I roll 3 titans.

It's not consecutive precision shots so probably not.

Rapidly landing makes it sound as if it's consecutive. Besides hits with Hive Disruptor are white which aren't crits which is why White Nail doesn't proc on the BH. Hopefully it's fixed before hard mode is out.

cakely

Wait so is vanilla Suros Regime more effective in normal PvP than a fully leveled one due to the rate of fire?

Not at all, in my opinion.

The upgraded Suros has a slower rate of fire, but with more impact. The slower rate of fire means it's easier to keep an enemy head in your reticle, and your clip lasts longer.

It's no contest for me, the upgraded Suros is more effective.

joecanada

Upgraded Suros is basically a fast firing scout rifle. You can still spray and pray firing from the hip though.

yes but there are scout rifles that you can fire just as fast or pretty close... I prefer not upgraded suros if I were to use an autorifle in crucible, which I only do when feeling lazy and fingers are sore.... otherwise it has little appeal.

edit - and i am in no way saying upgraded suros is worse, just what do you want it for? I like the autorifle fast fire version better for what I would use it for...... which is very little.

yes but there are scout rifles that you can fire just as fast or pretty close... I prefer not upgraded suros if I were to use an autorifle in crucible, which I only do when feeling lazy and fingers are sore.... otherwise it has little appeal.

MIDA can fire as fast or even a little faster as an upgraded Suros. Your finger will hate you, but it's doable.

cakely

I just dipped back into the game after awhile gone.

Are weekly strikes still the only way to get strange coins?

Turning in blue engrams is also a decent source for them.

Running a strike list occasionally awards them, and then you get to turn in all those blue engrams when you're done so that's a decent way to get them.

Namikaze1

It's such a weak gun. I upgraded to its unique perk before giving up. Yes, I can shoot through an enemy Titan's shield but the damage it does isn't that much. It feels as if I'm using a stronger void-less version of Atheon's Epilogue. And I hate that gun.

stb

Due to the way they are handling Xur many people probably have a CRAP ton of coins saved up, what do you think Bungie will do about this? Continue to sell crap forever? Make it so strange coins are used for other things as well? Devalue them altogether, add another currency to Xur?

They MIGHT add some use for coins (in addition to the synths), but it really isn't a huge deal.

Some tiny, tiny percentage of players might be Scrooge McDuck-ing in coins because they run everything 3x every week. Not only will those people have more coins, but they're also getting more chances at stuff they'd use the coins for anyway.

I play everything every week on one character and only have 24 coins now, and hven't visited Xur yet this week. This is only a problem for the hardest of the hardcore, and Bungie has repeatedly demonstrated that demographic isn't their focus.

Nor should it be. There are more significant issues with the game than a few thousand people being annoyed they already have everything because they spend 30 hours a week playing.

LiK

It's such a weak gun. I upgraded to its unique perk before giving up. Yes, I can shoot through an enemy Titan's shield but the damage it does isn't that much. It feels as if I'm using a stronger void-less version of Atheon's Epilogue. And I hate that gun.

Damn, and GAF was hyping it up so hard last week.

The Last Word, I'm in love. This is the most fun I've had with a weapon in this game. It's just so cool and fun to use. Can't wait to use it fully upgraded.

Jaeyden

I have had too many instances of getting the same exotic right in a row, and SEEN too many instances of it w/ people i'm playing with. For it to have been totally random would be statistically impossible.

In the past two weeks:

Received Truth from Nightfall. Two days later, receive Truth from Crota. Five days later, Get Truth From Crota Chest.

Receive Hawkmoon from Gorgon chest. Switch to alt and immediately receive Hawkmoon from same chest.

Friend gets Last Word from Nightfall. Later in the evening gets TLW from Gorgon chest.

Friend gets Hard Light from Crota on Sunday. Gets Hardlight from Nightfall Tuesday.

And about a month ago:

Get Gjallarhorn from Nightfall over the weekend. Tuesday morning, Gjallarhorn from Crota chest.

Anyone have similar stories? This just seems far too frequent to be random.

Tuesday night, my raid group finished the evening with 7 brand new Dragons Breath. I got 1 from NF and Chest, friend got 2 from Chest, another got 1 from NF and chest and other friend got 1 from chest. It's not RNG,it's not even close. If it was I would have Hawkmoon or GHorn by now instead of 15 Vision of Confluence, 8 Mythoclast, 6 TLW, 5 Plan C, 3 DB's and doubles of nearly everything else.

HigXx

Anyone kiling Urzok or doing VoG? Roc strikes have gave me Devils Lair 3 times in a row and its getting pretty boring

Not really. Helps melee which most ppl avoid in pve.

Saint 14 is way better if you have it. Skullfort looks awesome though... it's got that going for it. Helm of inmost light is also better. Glasshouse is decent. I'd say skullfort is the worst of the bunch and I roll 3 titans.

Pretty much what I figured. Oh well, I don't have the raid chest yet anyways to replace my Armamentarium.

Top Bottom