• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Steroyd

I'm curious as to why you guys level up every exotic?

There's only a select few that I use in PVE and the PVP exotics don't need to be upgraded.

An exotic up to the unique perk from what I know gives you 2 exotic shards instead of 1, so when the new DLC hits and I get a duplicate, that's 2 free shards, plus I only level other stuff when the stuff I want to level is maxed, don't like wasting xp.

We've just been restarting each time. Our first real run basically had one death on DS but otherwise would have been fine.

Flawless CE is a fucking joke.

How are you doing the beginning? I guess the easiest way would be to have one guy solo it. That part isn't hard, but there always seems to be one person dying. I've never tried it with all 32s though.

As in bad/hard? Or good/easy?

As in easy. Which to me is bad i.e. boring, but for most people would be good (anyone looking for the trophy).

How are you doing the beginning? I guess the easiest way would be to have one guy solo it. That part isn't hard, but there always seems to be one person dying. I've never tried it with all 32s though.

We had a guy solo it then we cheesed the bridge. So you basically can fall asleep until DSinger and that phase is honestly easy, just stay off the ground and don't let three knights slice you at once. I still think it's easy to do the first phase legit but goofy things can happen I guess.

hydruxo

We've just been restarting each time. Our first real run basically had one death on DS but otherwise would have been fine.

Yeah Deathsinger is really the only iffy part for flawless. Still very doable as long as you're aware of your surroundings when you're inside.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
They beat it.

Nat now has 45 ascendant energy, and a new ugly shader. Pretty much what I got from my raid run.

Which is why I've never run it again. :

Thanks for taking her through, Hawkian and crew!

I know others have already said, but I'll chime in and say definitely run it again and again. It's the best part of the game and it takes a few runs to really get your head around it, but once you do, it gets better every run. I'm still finding new stuff and perfecting my technique...and searching for the ever elusive Fatebringer.

We have to try one together at some point.

Edit: Also, my first run on all my characters was shards and energy. I guess that's a thing?

I think we only had to restart twice even with just 3 of us. One death on strong side shrieker @ DS and once when Crota stood up and smashed me while I was fucking invisible when he had maybe 1 or 2 hits left to kill him :(

zewone

I broke my new DS4 the same way I broke my last.

R2 doesn't come back up after pulling it, I have to manually push it up to fire my gun again.

Does anyone else have this issue with their controllers? I blame The Last Word and pulling the trigger too damn fast.

It failed me during a PVP match and I had to switch to Hawkmoon.

One person doing it solo.

But you can do it as a group too. Its not that hard.

I think we only had to restart twice even with just 3 of us. One death on strong side shrieker @ DS and once when Crota stood up and smashed me while I was fucking invisible when he had maybe 1 or 2 hits left to kill him :(

The only thing causing restarts is dumb ass collision detection when we drop into the pit at the beginning. Sometimes everyone is fine, sometimes 3 people die for no apparent reason. So stupid.

EL CUCO

Interesting.

Has anybody compared this to Two to the Morgue? Based on the stats it looked like Morgue is an upgraded version of Found Verdict minus the full auto. I was going to go for that but it looks like Handshake has these hidden range perks.
The range perks help, but it's all about the Shot Package.

LTWood12

Tuesday night, my raid group finished the evening with 7 brand new Dragons Breath. I got 1 from NF and Chest, friend got 2 from Chest, another got 1 from NF and chest and other friend got 1 from chest. It's not RNG,it's not even close. If it was I would have Hawkmoon or GHorn by now instead of 15 Vision of Confluence, 8 Mythoclast, 6 TLW, 5 Plan C, 3 DB's and doubles of nearly everything else.

I hear this kind of thing all of the time. Almost makes me wonder if sometime weapons drop at certain hours in the day. So the people that play the same time every day get the same stuff.

Two Words

An exotic up to the unique perk from what I know gives you 2 exotic shards instead of 1, so when the new DLC hits and I get a duplicate, that's 2 free shards, plus I only level other stuff when the stuff I want to level is maxed, don't like wasting xp.
Do you have to unlock both unique perks or just one to get two shards from it?

R2 doesn't come back up after pulling it, I have to manually push it up to fire my gun again.

Does anyone else have this issue with their controllers? I blame The Last Word and pulling the trigger too damn fast.

Eek! Thankfully the Dual Shock 4s have a 1 year warranty. Still, that's a bummer to have gone through two over the same problem.

Hoodbury

That happened to mine too. Sent it in for repairs and Sony sent me a new one back.

zewone

Eek! Thankfully the Dual Shock 4s have a 1 year warranty. Still, that's a bummer to have gone through two over the same problem.

That happened to mine too. Sent it in for repairs and Sony sent me a new one back.

Luckily it's still within Amazon's return policy, so they're sending me a new one and I'll just put the busted one back in the box.

My DS4 was fine before this game. I don't want to keep going through controllers. I'm going to have to use auto rifles or something.

So, random noobie question. Why are most legendary/exotic weapons capped at 331 damage? Is it some arbitrary number relative to the HP of all enemies?

AFAIK, yes. 300 was probably a nice round number originally, and 331 is just where the math ended up.

As in easy. Which to me is bad i.e. boring, but for most people would be good (anyone looking for the trophy).

We had a guy solo it then we cheesed the bridge. So you basically can fall asleep until DSinger and that phase is honestly easy, just stay off the ground and don't let three knights slice you at once. I still think it's easy to do the first phase legit but goofy things can happen I guess.

I think I'm going to want to really try for flawless CE this weekend. The cheese fix won't make too much of a difference, but might as well get it done before the patch. I'll definitely be looking for your guys tips once you complete it.

E92 M3

Do you have to unlock both unique perks or just one to get two shards from it?

Just have all of the bubbles (90% should work too) ready to be upgraded and you should get 2 shards.

Deathsinger.

We had just one death when going in for the Deathsinger kill.

Wizards and Schriekers are not a problem apparently. (for a team with 4 defender titans lol)

Definitely lol. Did you go in from the left side?

panda-zebra

When I saw the vid of the guy using Don't Touch Me I decided it was time to retire the 2nd Warlock and make a Hunter at last.

Bought them from Xur last week and deleted the Warlock. Made a Hunter and began levelling. After 33 hours she's level 28 and rising, looks to have potential to get to 30 with the current gear.

That's when it hit me... level 30 from scratch, that took a hell of a lot longer with my original warlock!

Brigandier

Could I possibly snag a Gorgon cp off someone please, I can sense Gjallarhorn is waiting inside the chest for me.......

PSN Reyntimes

moris

I broke the L2 trigger on my controller and made a quick fix by regluing the broken plastic inside that holds the spring. Use Loctite Super Glue for fast bonding.

Top Bottom