• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LTWood12

Is the Eris Urn quest worth finishing guys? I've done up to Urzok but I kind of just don't give a damn, and it's taking up a bounty slot.

BuzzJive

I broke my new DS4 the same way I broke my last.

R2 doesn't come back up after pulling it, I have to manually push it up to fire my gun again.

Does anyone else have this issue with their controllers? I blame The Last Word and pulling the trigger too damn fast.

It failed me during a PVP match and I had to switch to Hawkmoon.

There's a little piece of plastic in there that's probably broken. I sent my back to Sony (~$7 shipping) and they replaced it.

BokehKing

Banned
I'll be on by 3 if anyone wants to help me run the weekly twice, if not I'll do it with random, my hands need that last word

BTW, I have like 100 motes of light, what am I doing with it?

I'm level 32. Was just wondering if it gave a significant chunk of rep.

The last mission is fun. I think it gives rep, but I'm not sure. You can usually find someone on here to help with Urz. I'm actually going to try and finish the urn quests on my 3rd character tonight, if you still need help just PM me.

SkylineRKR

Those motes shouldn't be an issue. When Xur sells Engrams, you can roll like 5 times which was less frustrating than being fucked by a useless single roll every week.

zewone

The Urn quest gives like 100 or 175 Eris rep (I forget).

You can also abandon it midway and your progress will be saved (like for each phase, I don't think a phase progress stays).

Doing the lamps/pits with all was fun and exciting

Yeah to me this is the point of flawless. Working together as a team not just gaming the system to make things as easy as possible. Of course CE is such a broken mess I understand why people would want to take advantage while it's possible.

I think I'm going to want to really try for flawless CE this weekend. The cheese fix won't make too much of a difference, but might as well get it done before the patch. I'll definitely be looking for your guys tips once you complete it.

I'm happy to run flawless with people whenever there's a group going. I know I have a skewed bias for flawless considering I've run VoG flawless more than practically anyone on the planet... but it's hard to overstate just how easy CE flawless is.

zewone

I broke the L2 trigger on my controller and made a quick fix by regluing the broken plastic inside that holds the spring. Use Loctite Super Glue for fast bonding.

There's a little piece of plastic in there that's probably broken. I sent my back to Sony (~$7 shipping) and they replaced it.

Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm still in my replacement period, so it's free.

EL CUCO

You can also abandon it midway and your progress will be saved (like for each phase, I don't think a phase progress stays).

Does the green icon ever go away? One of my alts still has it no matter how many times I abandon

I'll be on by 3 if anyone wants to help me run the weekly twice, if not I'll do it with random, my hands need that last word

BTW, I have like 100 motes of light, what am I doing with it?

I guess if you grind IB next week you can use it to re-roll weapons you get in it. I might actually play IB this time, since I've never gotten any of the weapons and I have a bunch of motes because there haven't been exotic engrams worth taking a chance on.

joecanada

Yeah but it reappears at Eris like if something is pending

ahhahahaaa this is the correct answer - do the quest to stop eris from bugging you in the tower.... like bitch leave me alone you don't sell anything good and I ain't spending that much time for you for a "runed core", step off.

also your team of "6 of us went down into the hole" sucked. you shoulda just sent one down, then snagged a crota checkpoint, damn that eris is dumb. She didn't even ask gaf for help.

Urn quest gives 375 with the NF bonus. Last three parts give 125 each.

Does the green icon ever go away? One of my alts still has it no matter how many times I abandon

Only when you finish the quest afaik.

LTWood12

Wait a second. So i can abandon it and pick right back up where I left off whenever I feel like it? Gamechanger.

Yeah to me this is the point of flawless. Working together as a team not just gaming the system to make things as easy as possible. Of course CE is such a broken mess I understand why people would want to take advantage while it's possible.

I'm happy to run flawless with people whenever there's a group going. I know I have a skewed bias for flawless considering I've run VoG flawless more than practically anyone on the planet... but it's hard to overstate just how easy CE flawless is.

Yea I think if we do it again at 330/4pm EST (if everyone is available), we should just do the lamps with all. It'll make the whole thing more exciting. I don't mind trying it solo but I'd feel bad for everyone waiting. Plus we aren't 100% sure everyone will get teleported correctly. I did hear a "guardian down" but no one showed up as dead, when we made it to the bridge.

Dazzler

I have an exotic bounty in my slot (can't remember which weapon) which has tasked me with killing Guardians in the Crucible, it says I have to get 10,000 - wtf

Seriously hearing Macello without actually seeing him is nerve-wrecking lol
Sorry I let you guys down. All I needed was to touch the plate and super to invisible, but that's when all the thralls rushed me each time. I can do it when I'm off remote play no problem or just do the whole section legit.

joecanada

I have an exotic bounty in my slot (can't remember which weapon) which has tasked me with killing Guardians in the Crucible, it says I have to get 10,000 - wtf

ya haha some of my friends abandoned that quest without knowing too,,, you do NOT have to get 10000 kills... for that they would have to give you a laser-gjallahorn.

it's ten thousand points, took me about 3-4 hours iirc

Bizazedo

Damn. Thanks for the clarification.

Also I just saw the pure power of Hawkmoon in rumble. Destroyed a lot of people, those random bullets come in handy. And the range is amazing.

With the load out Hawkmoon/Secret Handshake/Hunger of Crota I was almost unstoppable.

Yeah, Hawkmoon is amazing. Getting a 160 damage headshot is LOL-errific. It really helps in PvP and...

It was amazing how being a Bladedancer hunter has been useful to me. I love it when Titans throw up their bubble. Also I'm getting use to blinking around. It is great for throwing people off, getting close and shotgunning or backstabbing strike if you get behind them.

Oh.

Oh :p.

Nevermind, you'll be fine with most weapon layouts ;).

Dazzler

ya haha some of my friends abandoned that quest without knowing too,,, you do NOT have to get 10000 kills... for that they would have to give you a laser-gjallahorn.

it's ten thousand points, took me about 3-4 hours iirc

oh sweet, thanks guys! Was about to abandon it when I saw that. Glad I didn't

Just read up on it, 10,000 is totally do-able

zewone

Urn quest gives 375 with the NF bonus. Last three parts give 125 each.
Even better. I need to get on it to get to rank 4.
Wait a second. So i can abandon it and pick right back up where I left off whenever I feel like it? Gamechanger.

Yep. It will be waiting at Eris to pick up again. I would wait until a phase is complete, i.e. don't abandon with 12/25 thralls killed. If you abandon at Cursed Thrulls you'll start back at that phase.

nowai

I guess if you grind IB next week you can use it to re-roll weapons you get in it. I might actually play IB this time, since I've never gotten any of the weapons and I have a bunch of motes because there haven't been exotic engrams worth taking a chance on.

This all the way.

I'm hoping we'll be able to get a 331 Timur's Lash. I will spend all my motes rolling for rangefinder, field scout and third eye.

If the shotgun is also available, then I'll spend the rest of my motes rolling for hammer forged and/or shot package/rangefinder.

Interesting that they didn't bother fixing it with the patch on Tuesday

Exploits take precedent over everything else, to the point of sacrificing stability of the game. Which is really the only part about the cheese fixes that have bothered me in the past.

I guess I'll buy TLW from Xur today, though I'll have to take a strange coin from my Titan alt for the Bad Juju frame purchase. First time I'll be broke on SCs, and on a heavy ammo synth weekend no less.

EL CUCO

12 Crota's End clears and next week will be the first time I do the Deathsinger section.
FLWGWPg.jpg

Sorry I let you guys down. All I needed was to touch the plate and super to invisible, but that's when all the thralls rushed me each time. I can do it when I'm off remote play no problem or just do the whole section legit.

This was actually my first flawless attempt and considering I was able to do the whole thing without dying has made me realize how close this trophy is.

I want in on the next flawless attempt here on GAF.

I dont mind if we do the first part legit at all. It's really not that hard specially with a team of 4 titans.

Top Bottom