• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
12 Crota's End clears and next week will be the first time I do the Deathsinger section.
FLWGWPg.jpg

I love being in groups that say, after getting the second chest, "anyone have crota CP? ugh, no? I guess we have to do Deathsinger." Then we easily take her out in 3 minutes. It's such an easy part once you've done it once.

I love being in groups that say, after getting the second chest, "anyone have crota CP? ugh, no? I guess we have to do Deathsinger." Then we easily take her out in 3 minutes. It's such an easy part once you've done it once.

This. It's more of an annoyance, just because of how long it takes to clear out all the knights and get the next checkpoint.

Deathsinger isn't hard at all. I don't think my regular raid crew has even wiped at that section. Even if people die you can recover.

Most annoying part is killing all the adds at the end to start the next phase.

This was actually my first flawless attempt and considering I was able to do the whole thing without dying has made me realize how close this trophy is.

I want in on the next flawless attempt here on GAF.

I dont mind if we do the first part legit at all. It's really not that hard specially with a team of 4 titans.

Yeah, we just need to run it legit and stick together, move quickly lamp to lamp then throw up bubbles at the end. I have no idea how Yzen died on that one run but goofy stuff can happen when someone solo's it obviously so might as well do it legit and actually have fun.

Don't worry if you can't make it in time for the next Gaf runs, CE is so easy it won't matter and I will run it as long as it takes until everyone that wants it gets it (as I've always said).

Third time's the charm for Roc Strikes... Maybe? Possibly?
Probably not

I really want to Roc it up again but today turned out to be Crucibulldozer followed by CE flawless learning and now I need to get offline for a while. Maybe later tonight if you are around, but definitely this weekend.

Exploits take precedent over everything else, to the point of sacrificing stability of the game. Which is really the only part about the cheese fixes that have bothered me in the past.

I guess I'll buy TLW from Xur today, though I'll have to take a strange coin from my Titan alt for the Bad Juju frame purchase. First time I'll be broke on SCs, and on a heavy ammo synth weekend no less.

Yeah they need to fix these bugs. Pretending like they don't exist seems to be their solution.

I've been low on strange coins as well so I haven't been buying ammo synth from him anymore. I figure I can buy with glimmer since glimmer is an unlimited guaranteed resource I can farm whenever I need it

This. It's more of an annoyance, just because of how long it takes to clear out all the knights and get the next checkpoint.

Yeah, I don't really see the big deal with it. Never takes us very long at all. Also, bum rushing her in her room is pretty fun tbh

hydruxo

Well it would've never been an issue to begin with if there was a loot drop at Deathsinger on day one of CE being available. It's good they're patching a drop in next week but I can't blame people for wanting to skip a part of the raid that gets you no loot if there's someone who has a Crota checkpoint available.

zewone

So...next week make sure you all wake up early and do CE chest.

Tuesday morning pre-patch open 3 CE chests - 3 chances at exotics

Tuesday evening post-patch kill Ir Yut - 3 chances at exotics

Tuesday evening post-patch kill Crota - 3 chances at exotics.

AJWqsLA.gif

Yeah, we just need to run it legit and stick together, move quickly lamp to lamp then throw up bubbles at the end. I have no idea how Yzen died on that one run but goofy stuff can happen when someone solo's it obviously so might as well do it legit and actually have fun.

Don't worry if you can't make it in time for the next Gaf runs, CE is so easy it won't matter and I will run it as long as it takes until everyone that wants it gets it (as I've always said).

I really want to Roc it up again but today turned out to be Crucibulldozer followed by CE flawless learning and now I need to get offline for a while. Maybe later tonight if you are around, but definitely this weekend.
Oh God, going invsible, having the thrall group up, shooting one with Fatebringer and watching them all explode. It's worth 100 So Good gifs.

Tuesday evening post-raids - cry myself to sleep because still no 'horn ;(

Jinjo

AJWqsLA.gif

I really doubt that's gonna work.

Jinjo

I'd wager American dollars it will.

If they can make the game discern from pre and post patch/dlc engrams, they can probably make it so that Ir Yut drops no loot if you've opened the chest before the patch.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

EL CUCO

Lol we usually start at Crota's End...literally. Knock it out 3x then run the beginning up to the bridge = Profit

What do you ask of people wanting to run it? Be lvl 32? My Warlock is 31 but has a maxed Ghorn and IB. I do have a Titan but he's only 30.

Yea I think if we do it again at 330/4pm EST (if everyone is available), we should just do the lamps with all. It'll make the whole thing more exciting. I don't mind trying it solo but I'd feel bad for everyone waiting. Plus we aren't 100% sure everyone will get teleported correctly. I did hear a "guardian down" but no one showed up as dead, when we made it to the bridge.

I'll be back then to try again

Bogeypop

I don't play at night. Mornings and afternoon are when I'm most active.

E92 M3

If they can make the game discern from pre and post patch/dlc engrams, they can probably make it so that Ir Yut drops no loot if you've opened the chest before the patch.

I think it's 50/50 but I am leaning towards the fact that early risers can double up.

zewone

The chest will still be there post-patch, it just won't drop exotics. The only thing you'd be locked out of is opening that chest post patch.

Genius!

LiK

12 Crota's End clears and next week will be the first time I do the Deathsinger section.
FLWGWPg.jpg

lol, always surprises me when people tell me they never did a raid section legit after multiple clears. It's always fun to do it legit at least once to see how Bungie designed them.

Forgot how much I love PVP in this game. First match in PVP in about a month or two. Really digging the Dark Below PVP maps, especially Cauldron.

16239697045_0bd8a9a8b5_c.jpg

I'd wager American dollars it will.
I agree. I don't think bungie is going to add in any extra code/logic so that looting the first CE chest pre-patch = looting Ir Yut post-patch. Seems like too much trouble for a one-off scenario. And it would probably end up breaking something else down the road.

Shrug. It probably takes just as long to go to orbit and back in for the Crota CP.

In my case since my group plays super late during reset night we would do 3 straight Crota runs and then I would go back the next day and solo up until desthsinger with each of my characters. Only time I've ever beaten desthsinger is when we ran Crota blind.

Jinjo

I think it's 50/50 but I am leaning towards the fact that early risers can double up.

That chest doesn't count as a boss roll. Which Ir Yut will be. Hrmmm

I know the chest doesn't count as a boss roll, but they can probably exclude the exotic roll just by making the patch check whether you've opened the first chest or not.

They've accounted for all possible exploits/undeserved gains when it comes to loot when applying patches every single time so far. I would be really, really surprised if they let this one slide.

Feel free to try though

Ephemeris

yissssss

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Forgot how much I love PVP in this game. First match in PVP in about a month or two. Really digging the Dark Below PVP maps, especially Cauldron.

16239697045_0bd8a9a8b5_c.jpg

OH LOOK HE GOT A BALLERHORN OMG SO LUCKY ETC ETC ETC ET AL ET AL ETC

Am I doing this right?

EL CUCO

lol, always surprises me when people tell me they never did a raid section legit after multiple clears. It's always fun to do it legit at least once to see how Bungie designed them.
Yeah that's a different story lol we've done all the encounters "legit". We just so happen to skip over the one that doesn't drop any loot...Everytime ;)

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks so much for the CP to grind grimmer... 25k in less than 10 minutes.

I upgraded Hard Light and Suros Regime.

Still to go:

- Thorn 7k
- Mida Multi Tool 7k
- Plan C 7k
- Monte Carlo 7k

Well just need more Exotic Shard.

Top Bottom