• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Bizazedo

lol, always surprises me when people tell me they never did a raid section legit after multiple clears. It's always fun to do it legit at least once to see how Bungie designed them.

People are generally lazy and just want loot, they don't care about the encounters. It's kind of shocking how prevalent it is.

While helping / showing some people how to do certain cheeses, I've joked, loudly, about how it's fun to do legit and they should try it. The number of "Fuck that's" is astonishing.

Jinjo

Thanks so much for the CP to grind grimmer... 25k in less than 10 minutes.

I upgraded Hard Light and Suros Regime.

Still to go:

- Thorn 7k
- Mida Multi Tool 7k
- Plan C 7k
- Monte Carlo 7k

Well just need more Exotic Shard.

Unless you already had quite a bit of glimmer time must flow differently in your life.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Super Good Advice = Super Easy Bounty

Too bad I'll probably never use it. It doesn't look that great, Ghorn4life.

Yeah it's not that great. Did the bounty and dismantled. Cool for things like oracles and I think the missed shots perk work on CE oversoul as well. Outside of that, it's bleh.

Oh God, going invsible, having the thrall group up, shooting one with Fatebringer and watching them all explode. It's worth 100 So Good gifs.

haha yeah and doing it all on remote play was just too funny. You gave it a very valiant effort, I can barely buy things from Xur on remote play...

What do you ask of people wanting to run it? Be lvl 32? My Warlock is 31 but has a maxed Ghorn and IB. I do have a Titan but he's only 30.

I would say it's more fun for you/anyone to be Lv32 just so you don't worry about it. But the CE flawless is so f'ing easy it doesn't matter. If you were 31, just stay outside and snipe during the DSinger phase, that's the only part that could really mess you up. For Crota, you could easily be one of the GHorn shield break team, doesn't matter about Lv31 for that.

It's so easy I would really hesitate to say anything is "required." If being Lv31 was causing issues you could always drop out. Somebody had to leave during our one real run right around the time we had a death. So we just finished DS and Crota with 5 and it would be a non-issue to do flawless CE with a team less than six.

Steroyd

h1IZcu1.png

It happened.

It fucking happened.

Crota dicked me over, and none of my characters are level 32 with Iron Banner out next week, but I don't care, I don't fucking care, I'm done, I can quit this game, I've got all the exotics both weapons and armour, Xur can no longer dissapoint me every Xursday, I rose above all and beat Bungies RNG.

Hawkmoon get!

i5D7htGOcvzRp.gif

Until Hard Mode Crota releases.

R0ckman

People are generally lazy and just want loot, they don't care about the encounters. It's kind of shocking how prevalent it is.

While helping / showing some people how to do certain cheeses, I've joked, loudly, about how it's fun to do legit and they should try it. The number of "Fuck that's" is astonishing.

I see nothing wrong with this AFTER you try it and accomplish it once. Will never understand people who fully enjoy doing it over and over. If you got exp, maybe I would understand but..

cakely

So, random noobie question. Why are most legendary/exotic weapons capped at 331 damage? Is it some arbitrary number relative to the HP of all enemies?

331 is the new max damage cap for "The Dark Below" weapons. The old damage cap was 300.

I assume it corresponds with the max level cap being raised from 30 to 32.

EL CUCO

So...next week make sure you all wake up early and do CE chest.

Tuesday morning pre-patch open 3 CE chests - 3 chances at exotics

Tuesday evening post-patch kill Ir Yut - 3 chances at exotics

Tuesday evening post-patch kill Crota - 3 chances at exotics.

AJWqsLA.gif
zbKPVa3.jpg

Think I should bother upgrading my Hard Light? 7k glimmer and 7 coins is steep.

I never use it and probably won't use it until it gets buffed (if ever).

PvP skirmish.
Did you already have 25 skirmish wins under your belt? i.e. you get a rewards buff once you pass a certain threshold in playlists.

331 is the new max damage cap for "The Dark Below" weapons. The old damage cap was 300.

I assume it corresponds with the max level cap being raised from 30 to 32.

Basically, it's a 5% increase per level.

300*1.05*1.05

I would fathom it is safe to assume that for House of Wolves we'll be at 365 dmg caps.

Someone told me it can shoot through Hive Knight scab shields by default. Is that true?

todd360

It happened.

It fucking happened.

Crota dicked me over, and none of my characters are level 32 with Iron Banner out next week, but I don't care, I don't fucking care, I'm done, I can quit this game, I've got all the exotics both weapons and armour, Xur can no longer dissapoint me every Xursday, I rose above all and beat Bungies RNG.

Hawkmoon get!

i5D7htGOcvzRp.gif

Until Hard Mode Crota releases.

You didn't do shit. Where's your exotic that only that one dude has and your necrogasm

ethomaz

Banned
Which chest I need to open before the patch? Where is the Pit part?

Edit - "Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32" I got Monte Carlo yesterday... I needed it in 331 version to replace my 300.

You didn't do shit. Where's your exotic that only that one dude has and your necrogasm

Fate of all Fools

Which chest I need to open before the patch? Where is the Pit part?

Step 1 - Start Crota's End raid.
Step 2 - Step on sigil to form bridge
Step 3 - Descend into Hellmouth
Step 4 - Walk towards first white lantern
Step 5 - Stop at first crossroad like object on floor and turn 90 degrees left.
Step 6a - If you see an Orange light in the distance, there is a chest in the room.
Step 6a - If you don't see an Orange light in the distance, die and repeat from Step 4.

Steroyd

Did you already have 25 skirmish wins under your belt? i.e. you get a rewards buff once you pass a certain threshold in playlists.

I must have, just looked at my grimoire and I've done 86 skirmish matches, 14 away from getting rank 3.

They're not within RNG, so I don't count them, yet.

ethomaz

Banned
Step 1 - Start Crota's End raid.
Step 2 - Step on sigil to form bridge
Step 3 - Descend into Hellmouth
Step 4 - Walk towards first white lantern
Step 5 - Stop at first crossroad like object on floor and turn 90 degrees left.
Step 6a - If you see an Orange light in the distance, there is a chest in the room.
Step 6a - If you don't see an Orange light in the distance, die and repeat from Step 4.
Ohhhhhh the first chest... it is easy to get... thanks... I can solo it.

Jaleel

31 Titan with all the goodies looking to do Nightfall if anyone is interested. PSN: Jibreel ( pixelated akuma avatar). Let's do this.

Dazzler

Basically, it's a 5% increase per level.

300*1.05*1.05

I would fathom it is safe to assume that for House of Wolves we'll be at 365 dmg caps.

Someone told me it can shoot through Hive Knight scab shields by default. Is that true?

tested this and the idea it can shoot through Titan defender shields, both were lies unfortunately

Chilling at my university campus right now and going to head to an IMAX movie to see Interselar today. I'm still thinking about how I want to get back into crucible and destroy people with Hawkmoon/Secret Handshake/Hunger of Crota loadout.

What's the best legendary pulse rifle in the game right now?

I had a 300 attack bad seed down that was really good. Praedyths Timepiece would probably be the best if it had a little more impact.

Right now I have a 331 Time on Target that is really good. Has full auto, field scout and glass half full. I would say it's the best legendary pulse rifle I've used in the game but that's cause of the perks.

Top Bottom