• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

Chilling at my university campus right now and going to head to an IMAX movie to see Interselar today. I'm still thinking about how I want to get back into crucible and destroy people with Hawkmoon/Secret Handshake/Hunger of Crota loadout.

I am tempted to watch that movie for a 3rd time lol.

pringles

Well first time through Crota's End, not a great impression because the group insisted on cheesing and I barely had time to understand what was going on and where the rewards came from. Hoping to do it legit next week.

At least I think I got a decent haul:

Raid Helm
Raid Boots
Emblem
Shader (cryptographic)
Class item
Light of the Abyss

haha yeah and doing it all on remote play was just too funny. You gave it a very valiant effort, I can barely buy things from Xur on remote play...

I would say it's more fun for you/anyone to be Lv32 just so you don't worry about it. But the CE flawless is so f'ing easy it doesn't matter. If you were 31, just stay outside and snipe during the DSinger phase, that's the only part that could really mess you up. For Crota, you could easily be one of the GHorn shield break team, doesn't matter about Lv31 for that.

It's so easy I would really hesitate to say anything is "required." If being Lv31 was causing issues you could always drop out. Somebody had to leave during our one real run right around the time we had a death. So we just finished DS and Crota with 5 and it would be a non-issue to do flawless CE with a team less than six.

Oh I know it's easy enough at 31, I was just asking what you strongly preferred people to have/be before you ran with them for it. I'd be confident going inside for Singer even but would have no problem if people preferred I'd stay in the tower and snipe. Even my lvl 30 Titan wrecks Crota's shield with Ballerhorn so yeah, my 31 would certainly contribute with that ;)

todd360

iJSGdowiu9DHk.png

Bruh...

#dead

Daemul

What's the best legendary pulse rifle in the game right now?

Three Little Words from the Crucible Vendor

I had a 300 attack bad seed down that was really good. Praedyths Timepiece would probably be the best if it had a little more impact.

Right now I have a 331 Time on Target that is really good. Has full auto, field scout and glass half full. I would say it's the best legendary pulse rifle I've used in the game but that's cause of the perks.

By virtue of being a low impact/high RoF pulse rifle, ToT sucks. Low impact/high RoF pulse rifles and auto rifles have no business being in this game.

It's kind of tempting to upgrade Mida but I can't imagine equipping it much if ever. Between Ballerhorn and IB, when would you be willing to waste exotic on a primary outside of a specific bounty like using Vex for the fusion rifle double kills.

EL CUCO

Well first time through Crota's End, not a great impression because the group insisted on cheesing and I barely had time to understand what was going on and where the rewards came from. Hoping to do it legit next week.

At least I think I got a decent haul:

Raid Helm
Raid Boots
Emblem
Shader (cryptographic)
Class item
Light of the Abyss

That's a very good haul.

Three Little Words from the Crucible Vendor

By virtue of being a low impact/high RoF pulse rifle, ToT sucks. Low impact/high RoF pulse rifles and auto rifles have no business being in this game.

I feel like every low impact high ROF pulse rifle can use more impact and every high impact low ROF pulse rifle can use more ROF. Time on Target has a higher impact than most low impact pulse rifles so I think it strikes a better balance than most. I can't use high impact pulse rifles cause they're just too slow. So if you ask me I would say high impact pulse rifles suck cause their ROF is too low.

Pulse rifles need some serious attention from Bungie

hydruxo

So...next week make sure you all wake up early and do CE chest.

Tuesday morning pre-patch open 3 CE chests - 3 chances at exotics

Tuesday evening post-patch kill Ir Yut - 3 chances at exotics

Tuesday evening post-patch kill Crota - 3 chances at exotics.

AJWqsLA.gif

I said this last night on here and people were doubting it would work. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Patches don't usually go live until Bungie is in their office, so it's not going to be live until 11am-12pm est at the very earliest. I don't think Bungie cares enough to have somebody in the office at 1 AM pst and push the patch out at reset so people can't get a chance at the chest.

Ryck

This game is seriously trolling me now... Three days of Daily Heroic on three characters and I have been getting nothing but shards. I have over 100 shards and no energy. *RAGE*

Ill be on most of the day grinding so if anyone else needs that HARD MODE* Gorgon Checkpoint I can do it between bounties.

PS4: Ryck007

EDIT*

LiK

It's kind of tempting to upgrade Mida but I can't imagine equipping it much if ever. Between Ballerhorn and IB, when would you be willing to waste exotic on a primary outside of a specific bounty like using Vex for the fusion rifle double kills.

Once you have Black Hammer and Hunger, maybe you can switch to it

Super Good Advice = Super Easy Bounty

Too bad I'll probably never use it. It doesn't look that great, Ghorn4life.

I love using it in Atheon for Oracles and break the detention shield, its practically unlimited bullets.

Btw anyone has Gorgon checkpoint? I had one but then helped a group clear Atheon and lost it.

hydruxo

This game is seriously trolling me now... Three days of Daily Heroic on three characters and I have been getting nothing but shards. I have over 100 shards and no energy. *RAGE*

Ill be on most of the day grinding so if anyone else needs that Gorgon Checkpoint I can do it between bounties.

PS4: Ryck007

Hard mode Gorgons or Normal? If it's HM, I'd like to hop in there when you've got a chance.

I'll add you.

I'm trying to put together a team of 6 for HM VoG. We will be starting at Gorgon CP and going through the end. I'd like to stop at the Gatekeeper section for a 20 minute farming session if that works for everyone else. I'd also like to hit up Atheon x3 so I can get my last 3 shots at an exotic until the reset.

Starting around 7pm Eastern/6pm Central tonight

1) GKW212 (me)
2) Bytestyle, most likely
3) CreamedOCorn
4) Hawkian
5) Dusty
6) ethomaz

I'd like to do it in a fairly quick time frame so experience/weapons/level is a plus.

EDIT FULL

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I use an exotic as my primary most of the time these days. As I said a few days ago, Hunger of Crota is perfectly fine as your heavy 99% of the time, even if you have a ballerhorn. Ice breaker is great, but you can put any old sniper or fusion into that slot until you actually need the ice breaker's regen/awesomeness. What's great about exotic primaries is that you are constantly using it. As great as exotic special/heavies are, you use them far less than your primary.

The horn and IB are always going to be a part of your best loadout. However, you really only need your best loadout for raids/nf/weeklies. When I'm not in one of those, I try to mix up my guns. You're missing out on a lot of fun using different gear. Stuff like bad juju, monte carlo and mida are perfect for bounties and roc strikes.

During bounties/patrols/mid-level content.

Agility boost is great when you're running around in circles. It's also a headshot machine. Most underrated weapon in Destiny in my opinion (I've said it before, I know).

Frankly, I use it in higher level stuff as well (it's a beast in the first section of CE) but it doesn't suit everyone in that role.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm trying to put together a team of 6 for HM VoG. We will be starting at Gorgon CP and going through the end. I'd like to stop at the Gatekeeper section for a 20 minute farming session if that works for everyone else. I'd also like to hit up Atheon x3 so I can get my last 3 shots at an exotic until the reset.

1) GKW212 (me)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'd like to do it in a fairly quick time frame so experience/weapons/level is a plus.
I can jump in to kill the Gatekeepter and Atheon with my main even if starting from Gorgon.

If you want I have the Oracle CP and Gatekeeper CP (for framing with my Titan).

Edit - My main CP is the Oracle one... I want to kill Oracle and Tempar rewards too.

phen0m24

1) GKW212 (me)
3)
4)
5)
6)

ColonelOCorn 31 Hunter/Titan/Warlock
Multiple clears. MAxed Epilogue/Praedyth's Revenge/Corrective Measure and Gjallarhorn. Oh also Black Hammer. :p

90% of the time you are doing low level content in the game so you don't really need to be using Gjallarhorn/ice breaker

You can upgrade the weapons. Just don't put shards into them

The horn and IB are always going to be a part of your best loadout. However, you really only need your best loadout for raids/nf/weeklies. When I'm not in one of those, I try to mix up my guns. You're missing out on a lot of fun using different gear. Stuff like bad juju, monte carlo and mida are perfect for bounties and roc strikes.

1) GKW212 (me)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'm in, Dr_LawyerCop. I'm down to kill Atheon x3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

1) GKW212 (me)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Sure, I'll bring my hunter or titan if needed.

edit: Wow, think that's full. ha.

neoism

Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.
Lol guess no ones doing that this week :p
Asylum, The Anomaly, and The Burning Shrine maps will be added to existing Clash and Control playlist rotation
Kreygasm yeah some these maps I've only played like 4 games since launch

I use an exotic as my primary most of the time these days. As I said a few days ago, Hunger of Crota is perfectly fine as your heavy 99% of the time, even if you have a ballerhorn. Ice breaker is great, but you can put any old sniper or fusion into that slot until you actually need the ice breaker's regen/awesomeness. What's great about exotic primaries is that you are constantly using it. As great as exotic special/heavies are, you use them far less than your primary.
I completely agree. An exotic primary makes more sense since you will use it more often than you would IB or the horn. My most used weapon for awhile was Fatebringer even when I have IB equipped in my loadout.

In the first part of the raid, equipping the MIDA with maxed agility on ur character and the MIDA perk unlocked makes it so ur basically moving at sprinting speed even with 10x weight of darkness. The increased knock back buff they gave it makes it great at chaining staggers (useful for Archon Priest fight)

I also have a GK hm checkpoint that I plan to advertise later tonight. I want to farm glimmer for 30-45 mins and then finish the raid.

Can't really plan for it in advance though because I don't know what time. Keep an eye on GAF this evening if you need it!

KeRaSh

Sorry for the late reply but I didn't mean I have high expectations for the rewards. I meant the actual content. Hopefully there's more to it than replaying the same old missions over and over again. Hell, add some burn modifiers or something...

/edit: Apparently the quoted text went missing. This was a reply about the Queen's Wrath discuttion. I'm on my phone and can't find the original post. Apologies.

1) GKW212 (me)
3) CreamedOCorn
4) Hawkian
5) Dusty (Dr_NurseFireman)
6) ethomaz

EDIT FULL

Oh, CremeD'Corn has a Black Hammer now? Where on Earth did you get that? Was this before or after your venturing out for purple candy?

ethomaz, what's your PSN? We may be friends already... EDIT #2: we are

Once you have Black Hammer and Hunger, maybe you can switch to it

No Giggityhorn for me, so that's my loadout. I really like the +2 agility, plus the extra agility from the MIDA perk. Also gives me radar while using the don't touch me gloves. Just need the raid helm to finish off my build.

Rexurbished helm of saint 14 has 134 intellect?

bout to waste an exotic shard for that

Totally sharded the one i just finished upgrading. My old one maxed out had 116 INT. The new one STARTS at 118 and i think finished around 134.

Not a huge difference, but based on the raid drops I got so far, i'm gonna need all the INT i can get.

Top Bottom