• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

R0ckman

I won't move on a ROC strike until the other two people have both moved

dropouts are too common and Bungie should institute a way to punish repeat offenders

Oh that's why people turn back and look at me as we are starting out and moving. It's so sad, I don't care, I just go. What ticks me off is people who rage quit during strikes.

dropouts are too common and Bungie should institute a way to punish repeat offenders

What if they are doing the same? A game of chicken. Then you all go to orbit.

Problem is largely due to inconsistent strike lengths. People don't want to waste their time. It's less efficient. So everyone else pays for it.

PUG ROC is awful. Occasionally you match up with a good group, but more often then not you carry scrubs or AFKers.

pringles

Dropouts are mostly due to the insanely bad strike rotation. No way I'm playing the same strike 3+ times in a row. AFKers are annoying but I just chill until they start moving.

I check all day at work. lol
I do, too. Problem is my work can get super busy. And I have a neighbor who is super nosey and will comment on what I am looking at on my screens. It really gets under my skin. He's an odd duck and real socially awkward. Worst part is he'll pick his nose very obviously, just hammer his finger up there, pull out a booger and inspect it, and then drop it on the side nearest me.

Used up all my coins to get:
TLW (1st one ever)
Lucky Raspberry
Titan chest (forgot name)
~50 heavy ammo synths per char.
Upgraded Suros.

Good Xur week

At 10 years old I was designing better ships than Bungie lol. I'm pretty sure they put them through a random ship generator with modules prebuilt.

Yeah seems like they just mix the tail, wings and fuselage of ships with a ship generator.

It's the one of the only reason I countine to play really.

Yeah same here. Once in a while I'll get a cool weapon drop that will motivate me to play alone but mostly I play just to chill with some destiny friends

Palocca

I do, too. Problem is my work can get super busy. And I have a neighbor who is super nosey and will comment on what I am looking at on my screens. It really gets under my skin. He's an odd duck and real socially awkward. Worst part is he'll pick his nose very obviously, just hammer his finger up there, pull out a booger and inspect it, and then drop it on the side nearest me.

Ew, that's really disgusting.

TMI

I said this last night on here and people were doubting it would work. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Patches don't usually go live until Bungie is in their office, so it's not going to be live until 11am-12pm est at the very earliest. I don't think Bungie cares enough to have somebody in the office at 1 AM pst and push the patch out at reset so people can't get a chance at the chest.

I wouldn't be surprised if you open the first chest before the patch, you won't get a drop for Ir Yut after the patch, but you will be able to get the first chest again just for radiant mats.

Without DestinyGAF I would have quit a while ago, most likely. At the very least, not played nearly as much as I have.

Ditto. I don't really play video games that often. If not for this community, I'd have already gone back to the gym, eating healthy, etc.... wait... YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF ENABLERS!!!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wouldn't be surprised if you open the first chest before the patch, you won't get a drop for Ir Yut after the patch, but you will be able to get the first chest again just for radiant mats.

How would they even program that? Especially because Ir Yut drops are going to be different - no raid pieces currently in first chest.

Sounds like an awesome job

I think it would be awesome, I love playing with everyone here and besides a few real life friends its the only way I want to play.

It's the one of the only reason I countine to play really.

So basically matchmaking except only with clan members? I wanted to make something like this back when the game came out, but then destinylfg got popular so I scrapped it. If you guys could see yourselves using clan matchmaking to find groups instead of posting in the thread, I'll spend some time getting a prototype together c:

That's when you start googling shit like "Nosepickers' Anonymous" and "How to Kill your Co-Worker"

You keep that up on your screen and you'll see a marked change in his behavior... or you'll be fired... either way, he'll cease being such a problem.

Palocca

I know! It sucks. Mind you we're both 30+ year-old adults. And the worst part is, he has a box of Kleenex right on his desk. >_<

How would he react if you told him that booger makes you really uncomfortable?

Haha that would still be cool, since the worst case scenario would still mean that you don't lose out on drops. I personally think that they'll roll out the patch on Monday night prior to the reset, even though history indicates otherwise.

zewone

You guys are giving them way too much credit. The amount of people who are going to double dip on this one occasion will be minuscule. It's not worth the effort to program it. If you guys don't want to partake, that's fine.

Once you have Black Hammer and Hunger, maybe you can switch to it
I do really want me some hammer though I imagine I'd only use hammer for specific bosses.
I use an exotic as my primary most of the time these days. As I said a few days ago, Hunger of Crota is perfectly fine as your heavy 99% of the time, even if you have a ballerhorn. Ice breaker is great, but you can put any old sniper or fusion into that slot until you actually need the ice breaker's regen/awesomeness. What's great about exotic primaries is that you are constantly using it. As great as exotic special/heavies are, you use them far less than your primary.

During bounties/patrols/mid-level content.

Agility boost is great when you're running around in circles. It's also a headshot machine. Most underrated weapon in Destiny in my opinion (I've said it before, I know).

Frankly, I use it in higher level stuff as well (it's a beast in the first section of CE) but it doesn't suit everyone in that role.

In the first part of the raid, equipping the MIDA with maxed agility on ur character and the MIDA perk unlocked makes it so ur basically moving at sprinting speed even with 10x weight of darkness. The increased knock back buff they gave it makes it great at chaining staggers (useful for Archon Priest fight)
It's a fair point that I don't need them out for running remedial stuff but I do tend to use IB a lot and it gives me the same agility boost that MIDA would. My real question should have been is it really worth it when I have VoC? I love my VoC and even though it's 300, still does great everywhere. CE HM might be where I need to find a replacement but doing that will have me wanting IB or GH out ;P

neoism

Would anyone help me with the weekly heroic strike Lv 30 ? Psn. ne0ism-

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

You guys are giving them way too much credit. The amount of people who are going to double dip on this one occasion will be minuscule. It's not worth the effort to program it. If you guys don't want to partake, that's fine.

Hey man, I'm double dipping. I HOPE you're right lol.

I do really want me some hammer though I imagine I'd only use hammer for specific bosses.

It's a fair point that I don't need them out for running remedial stuff but I do tend to use IB a lot and it gives me the same agility boost that MIDA would. My real question should have been is it really worth it when I have VoC? I love my VoC and even though it's 300, still does great everywhere. CE HM might be where I need to find a replacement but doing that will have me wanting IB or GH out ;P

I don't think the IB agility boost is anywhere near as good as the MIDA's.

I prefer the MIDA over the VoC straight up by a solid margin. Third-eye is great, stagger is great, namesake perk makes it fire as fast as Suros with scout rifle impact and range.

But, as you said, VoC doesn't take up an exotic slot which is highly valuable in and of itself.

Dunk#7

I have done everything else in the game except for the strike playlists.

How do the rewards from the ROC playlist work? Are there good rewards? Can you do them over and over or is there a weekly reset for those rewards as well?

jadedm17

Getting a headshot on a gunslinger while he's in the animation is really fun. Pvp has really grown on me.
Edit : Throwing a nova bomb at a Titan bubble and killing 3 people inside is fun.

Top Bottom