• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

someday

Banned
I won't move on a ROC strike until the other two people have both moved

dropouts are too common and Bungie should institute a way to punish repeat offenders
I usually start towards the right direction then look back to make sure they're moving. I won't actually start until at least one other person does.

I'm working on the 25 strikes bounty and last night we did the black garden one twice in a row. Luckily it was the same 3 of us for both and was pretty cool.

I haven't really done a lot of strikes lately but I don't remember the selection being so weird. A week or two ago I did Roc strikes and I got the Nexus strike 3 times in a row. Yeah, it's easy but I got bored and quit. This bounty is taking forever and I just want an updated Juju without having to go through Xur (even though he hasn't sold it yet).

Derpyduck

Banned
Finally used my coins on an exotic. Lesson learned. When reviews of exotics state they're good for PVP and not PVE, listen to the reviews. The Last Word is a terrible PVE weapon. I went right back to The Chance. But I am happy now about having a viable PVP weapon.

Palocca

Finally used my coins on an exotic. Lesson learned. When reviews of exotics state they're good for PVP and not PVE, listen to the reviews. The Last Word is a terrible PVE weapon. I went right back to The Chance. But I am happy now about having a viable PVP weapon.

Did you level the gun up? It's not a great gun in PVE by any means, but it's still super fun to use once you unlock the stability upgrade.

EDIT: Just realized you bought the gun. Derp. Give the gun some EXP, and have fun with it!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thorn shoots spikes. Huh. Didn't notice that before.

Yeah, I just noticed that last night playing pvp when my shots were getting stuck on geometry.

Also, after finally upgrading that gun it has significantly improved my wanting to play crucible. It's so good and so satisfying to get kills with.

Derpyduck

Banned
Did you level the gun up? It's not a great gun in PVE by any means, but it's still super fun to use once you unlock the stability upgrade.

Yep, all leveled up. It goes through ammo too fast and the perks are just bad for PVE imo. My gun of choice allows me 13 shots per clip and also reduces the cooldown on grenades. It is a wonderful PVP gun though, especially for those up close encounters in Control.

Just fired up remote play on my Vita for the first time at work to knock out some bounties.

This addiction might actually be getting dangerous.

X-Frame

Finally, reached full power:

I also have a Saint-14 and soon the Skullfort at +36 Light to use as well.

uiwvrxNl.jpg

zewone

I have done everything else in the game except for the strike playlists.

How do the rewards from the ROC playlist work? Are there good rewards? Can you do them over and over or is there a weekly reset for those rewards as well?

The rewards can be any exotic weapon, legendary engram, legendary ships, rare engrams, rare weapons, rare armor, rare shader, rare class item.

You are guaranteed at least two rewards and at the very least one of the rewards will be a rare engram.

You can do them as many times as you like. There is no cap, but all the drops are RNG.

Ganhyun

Was playing a strike a few days ago with two randoms. Me and another guy did the entire raid while the other guy sat in the spawn. I sent him a message telling him that AFKing like that is a shitty thing to do. I continue playing with the other guy.

He responds back a few minutes later that he doesnt care and he has fun forcing others to do the work so he can get rewards.

I dont say anything else to him and we complete the strike. He gets nothing. The other guy and I got rewards.

Without prompting, the guy messages me and says that while he did not get anything this time, 7 times out of 10 he usually does.

Bungie definitely needs to find a way to fix things like that.

On another note, having done the raid twice last night, with two warlocks, I got the following:

shards
energy
2 drops of the warlock's gloves
1 warlocks boots drop
raid machine gun
raid fusion rifle

I also did a crota CP with a friend with a titan and got shards. Not having alot of luck with armor drops. Ive gotten the warlock gloves 5 or 6 times now while a friend who also raids with me has gotten 2 and a half full sets of titan raid gear.

Dunk#7

The rewards can be any exotic weapon, legendary engram, legendary ships, rare engrams, rare weapons, rare armor, rare shader, rare class item.

You are guaranteed at least two rewards and at the very least one of the rewards will be a rare engram.

You can do them as many times as you like. There is no cap, but all the drops are RNG.

Thank you very much for the information. Sounds like a great place to grind if you have finished all the weekly reset stuff

Any exotic armour every drop there (or exotic engrams)?

todd360

How does thorn hold 9 of these? The thing must feel like it has to poop every time you reload it. No wonder it was messing with its wielders.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys are giving them way too much credit. The amount of people who are going to double dip on this one occasion will be minuscule. It's not worth the effort to program it. If you guys don't want to partake, that's fine.
Yeah... little one-off "hey I bet you can-" scenarios taking place during transitions like this are almost never accounted for, it's just not worth the effort since it can only occur once
Raid one seems to have ridiculous range in PVP.
The range is actually not ridiculous compared to the truly ridiculous ones in terms of range. What LotA has is an off-the-charts charge and fire rate, along with decent everything else. it's insane in PvP.

edit: Murmur can become a solar fusion rifle at will and LotA can't though

zewone

Thank you very much for the information. Sounds like a great place to grind if you have finished all the weekly reset stuff

Any exotic armour every drop there (or exotic engrams)?

Only exotic weapons. Legendary engrams can be armor, which can decrypt to exotics.

LiK

Yeah... little one-off "hey I bet you can-" scenarios taking place during transitions like this are almost never accounted for, it's just not worth the effort since it can only occur once

The range is actually not ridiculous compared to the truly ridiculous ones in terms of range. What LotA has is an off-the-charts charge and fire rate, along with decent everything else. it's insane in PvP.

edit: Murmur can become a solar fusion rifle at will and LotA can't though

I dunno, the stats might be misleading for LotA. I was being killed in PVP by it in ranges equal to Plan C.

Example: in Exodus map, I was Point C and the guy killed me from the pillar near where the heavy ammo spawns. I would call that ridiculous.

LTWood12

Got the best drop from killing Crota.

3 Energy and a ship. Woohoo!

2/3 times I got just shards and just energy this week. Nightfalls gave me a shotgun, a scout I already had (w/ worse perks), and 9 ascendant shards....

And then I got two Hawkmoons in five minutes at the Gorgon chest.

The mida speed boost is more significant if you have the exotic perk. It's an additional movement speed increase stacked on top of the agility buff. But yeah, it's very situational.

I don't think the IB agility boost is anywhere near as good as the MIDA's.

I prefer the MIDA over the VoC straight up by a solid margin. Third-eye is great, stagger is great, namesake perk makes it fire as fast as Suros with scout rifle impact and range.

But, as you said, VoC doesn't take up an exotic slot which is highly valuable in and of itself.

Ah ok, cool. I just like that VoC allows me to keep IB in and I love having solar burn on a primary, so useful between wizards, kabal, and some harpys. I guess it will come down to finding a legendary special weapon I really love so I feel ok with using exotic on primary most of the time. I'm a precision guy so snipers are infinitely more preferable to me than fusion rifles and shotguns. I guess I can level up MIDA just in case and I should probably max the top Scout Rifles in the game on principle anyway haha

So the patch is going to make it so the first chest only gives Rad or class items? Glad they are addressing the Deathsinger issue already, definitely needed to fix that before HM.

Frostburn

Anyone down for a Crota kill or 3?

1. Frostburn - PSN: US-Frostburn
2. death4romabove22
3. jTran2003
4. Moris - PSN: ms1582

Quote and add your name / PSN to the list. Will start as soon as list is full.

LTWood12

Anyone planning on running VoG Hard tonight? At least Atheon? I'd like to get in another three shots at him this weekend (I still don't have the Vex).

Ji66a-Man

Anyone down for a Crota kill or 3?

1. Frostburn - PSN: US-Frostburn
2. death4romabove22
3. jTran2003
4. Moris - PSN: ms1582
5. Ji66a-Man - PSN: Ji66a_Man
6. PSN - lD3vilGoodl

Quote and add your name / PSN to the list. Will start as soon as list is full.

Me and my friend are down.

Ah ok, cool. I just like that VoC allows me to keep IB in and I love having solar burn on a primary, so useful between wizards, kabal, and some harpys. I guess it will come down to finding a legendary special weapon I really love so I feel ok with using exotic on primary most of the time. I'm a precision guy so snipers are infinitely more preferable to me than fusion rifles and shotguns. I guess I can level up MIDA just in case and I should probably max the top Scout Rifles in the game on principle anyway haha

Black Hammer is a decent alternative to IB and Hunger of Crota a decent alternative to GHorn. Both are steps down obviously but they aren't massive steps down in my opinion (I say that mainly because I don't have Ghorn and need to make myself feel better).

I'm with you though, I would love to find a legendary primary that I like as much as I do the Thorn/MIDA/Hawkmoon. I guess that's why they're exotics though.

Fatebringer would be my favorite weapon but the 300 damage cap makes it tough for long-term viability.

Top Bottom