• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Black Hammer is a decent alternative to IB and Hunger of Crota a decent alternative to GHorn. Both are steps down obviously but they aren't massive steps down in my opinion (I say that mainly because I don't have Ghorn and need to make myself feel better).

I'm with you though, I would love to find a legendary primary that I like as much as I do the Thorn/MIDA/Hawkmoon. I guess that's why they're exotics though.

Fatebringer would be my favorite weapon but the 300 damage cap makes it tough for long-term viability.

The Sagrienne Rapier from the Crucible vendor. I was worried about giving up VoC, but the rapier takes what I loved about Fatebringer and puts in in a scout rifle.

I miss the elemental damage, but when I can't use an exotic primary, I don't feel gimped when i'm using the Rapier.

Plus, Firefly + Outlaw is just fun. Its like active reload in gears, but not.

It literally takes 10 mins. Then you'll have the checkpoint for the second chest if you still need to do that before the reset.

Just make sure you actually need the first two parts. Don't want to do it unnecessarily again (LIK! ;) )

I should be home in about an hour.

PSN: GKW212

This is a brand new Hunter. Haven't even finished leveling his first subclass. Definitely haven't run any CE.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Black Hammer is a decent alternative to IB and Hunger of Crota a decent alternative to GHorn. Both are steps down obviously but they aren't massive steps down in my opinion

I would argue that in some situations the Black Hammer vastly outclasses the IB. Specifically, anytime you can consistently land headshots. Unlike the IB, you don't have to wait for ammo to regen.

lets say you have made it to atheon without dying. group falls apart and you grab another group to help finish it off. do you get flawless? or does the game recognize that someone in the previous raid group died?

This is a brand new Hunter. Haven't even finished leveling his first subclass. Definitely haven't run any CE.

Ha, I was joking. I ran it for Lik a couple days ago because he said he needed it. When we finished, I asked him if he got any good drops. He goes "oops, I actually already did it on character, I forgot."

lets say you have made it to atheon without dying. group falls apart and you grab another group to help finish it off. do you get flawless? or does the game recognize that someone in the previous raid group died?

You have to finish the whole raid in 1 go. If you fly in anywhere but the very start it won't count as flawless. If anyone joins half way through it won't count as flawless.

Ha, I was joking. I ran it for Lik a couple days ago because he said he needed it. When we finished, I asked him if he got any good drops. He goes "oops, I actually already did it on character, I forgot."

Lol, I figured as much. And thanks again for offering to help with this. Hope I get some great or its back to grinding rep and make.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I would argue that in some situations the Black Hammer vastly outclasses the IB. Specifically, anytime you can consistently land headshots. Unlike the IB, you don't have to wait for ammo to regen.

Which is, roughly, 3% of the time.

Actually, fuck that, I'll be home in 20 mins. It's Friday and I don't feel like being in the office any more. One of the perks of being part owner.

Lol OK. I'm in no rush but whatevs. I think Deku's Titan is in the same situation as my Hunter. If he's on maybe he can tag along?

Just killed a Wizard called Heart of Crota during a patrol on Earth. What's up with that?

its one of the eris kill quest bounty. I think there are three of them. one in the refinery 1st room of the devils lair strike, one at the top of skywatch (last earth mission final area, and one near the "wizrd came from the moon" area in skywatch

Coconut

Banned
Obviously an old flame

159.gif

Tlw? :( have it :( still no damn ib or gh. Id trade all my 10-12 exotics for either one of them ( except for my sauro)

I dont think there ever comming back. in my 400 or more hours I have seen Ghorn many times on my rewards screen. just not next to my name. came very close several times. once it appeard for the person direclty above my name. so close.

Ballerhorn ftw
And for flawless attempts any time it says "guardian down" is a death. I actually did a flawless raid with a "death". It glitches out and never said. "Guardian Down" so we finished it and they got the trophy.

Oh wow. Yea our last attempt where we got to the deathsinger, it said Guardian down after the lamps even though nobody died.

R0ckman

I'm having trouble understanding why you can only re-roll iron banner gear. Why is this not offered for gear normally, like rares and faction legendaries. This is just a mess.

Dang I forgot how good of a weapon SUROS is.

it was the first exotic I fell in love with. raided with it many times. I havtn used it in a long time thuogh. I should pick it up again. I can afford an exotic primary now that I have black hammer and HOC. but then I got to put away VOC. desisions desisions

Top Bottom