• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nat (my daughter) just got home from school and called me at work, which she never does. She wanted to know when she could run the raid again (VoG). I think she had a fun time last night. :D
:D Awesome! Next week the Thursday night newb raid is for CE, but I'm sure it won't be too tough to find a VoG group post-reset. I'm sure I'll wind up doing it next week at some point myself anyway.

If you don't mind my asking, how old is she? I realized, well, too late that I totally forgot to tell the group to try and moderate for language during our raid :X sorry!

She did awesome btw, rocked the relic on multiple occasions with aplomb.
I filled her in on the weekly loot drop resets, but she's hoping to run the weekly/nightfall and maybe Crota's End this weekend if anyone has slots open. She hit level 30 courtesy of the piles of ascendant shards she got last night.
I'm looking to run a full CE twice more this weekend myself at least. Maybe tomorrow afternoon?

And yeah, she hit 30 during the Gorgon's Labyrinth. I always think it's cool when someone hits a new level in the middle of a raid, dunno why.

edit: Narmer, HM Vault still happening at 7? I'm walking my dog

X-Frame

Has anyone gotten raid gauntlets with the perk that critical kills have a chance to spawn orbs?

I've gotten about 6 gauntlets now, and so far all of them are either where melee or grenade kills have a chance to spawn orbs -- I am guessing the critical kill drop is a lot more rare?

The foil only drops on the oracles HM..still need it..
speaking of RL commitments, I should get going now...

Ah well TIL. Maybe next week.
Just completed hard VoG. Why did it give me 2 helmets?

I've received 4 identical armor pieces in the same raid (2 from each drop). It can be odd sometimes.

It was a wonder we got through that 3rd attempt with the communication issues. Couldn't figure out who was going where because the strategy was getting drowned out.

Has anyone gotten raid gauntlets with the perk that critical kills have a chance to spawn orbs?

I've gotten about 6 gauntlets now, and so far all of them are either where melee or grenade kills have a chance to spawn orbs -- I am guessing the critical kill drop is a lot more rare?

Yeah my first and only gauntlet drop has that stat.

milkham

i have that on my titan gauntlets
edit: and my warlock gauntlets

JTran2003

Ah well TIL. Maybe next week.

I've received 4 identical armor pieces in the same raid (2 from each drop). It can be odd sometimes.

It was a wonder we got through that 3rd attempt with the communication issues. Couldn't figure out who was going where because the strategy was getting drowned out.

Lol you got me. Had to mute that one kid cause he was annoying me so that might have screwed things up a little. Didn't know where people teleported but that was OK. Quick kill though so I guess that was how we made it. Think we were down to 4 again that last attempt?

GhaleonEB

:D Awesome! Next week the Thursday night newb raid is for CE, but I'm sure it won't be too tough to find a VoG group post-reset. I'm sure I'll wind up doing it next week at some point myself anyway.

If you don't mind my asking, how old is she? I realized, well, too late that I totally forgot to tell the group to try and moderate for language during our raid :X sorry!

She did awesome btw, rocked the relic on multiple occasions with aplomb.

I'm looking to run a full CE twice more this weekend myself at least. Maybe tomorrow afternoon?

And yeah, she hit 30 during the Gorgon's Labyrinth. I always think it's cool when someone hits a new level in the middle of a raid, dunno why.

edit: Narmer, HM Vault still happening at 7? I'm walking my dog
She's 12. We're tame with language at home but she's in middle school now, I'm sure she's heard it all, but it's always appreciated when things are toned down. :)

We should be home tomorrow afternoon; I mentioned to her that at level 30 she's ready for the CE raid and she nearly jumped out of her skin. We're planning a day trip (Home Depot, woo) but should be back in early afternoon. I'll check in when we get home, but don't feel like you need to hold the slot open if we're not around. <3

Lol you got me. Had to mute that one kid cause he was annoying me so that might have screwed things up a little. Didn't know where people teleported but that was OK. Quick kill though so I guess that was how we made it. Think we were down to 4 again that last attempt?

I think David and I were holding stairway and was it you and the other relic on portals? So we had 4 on Gatekeepers and I think 4 as well at Atheon with two going down outside. Shame that no Fatebringers dropped for folks, but at least someone received Vex (Shadow?)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Destiny nominated for GDCA GOTY. You already know how the thread is like.
huh, wow again. I wonder what their frontrunner is.
She's 12. We're tame with language at home but she's in middle school now, I'm sure she's heard it all, but it's always appreciated when things are toned down. :)

We should be home tomorrow afternoon; I mentioned to her that at level 30 she's ready for the CE raid and she nearly jumped out of her skin. We're planning a day trip (Home Depot, woo) but should be back in early afternoon. I'll check in when we get home, but don't feel like you need to hold the slot open if we're not around. <3
nice, sounds good!

logging on now, hopefully the group narmer put together is still planning to roll?

David___

Banned
Really hope Destiny wins GDCA. Need some salt for the sidewalk.

I think David and I were holding stairway and was it you and the other relic on portals? So we had 4 on Gatekeepers and I think 4 as well at Atheon with two going down outside.

I was planning to hold mid but got shot by a stray bullet while in the air. On Atheon I literally got pushed off by someone going to the back.

Shame that no Fatebringers dropped for folks, but at least someone received Vex (Shadow?)

Yea, Shadow got the Vex. At least someone got something they wanted out of the run. Hopefully I can get a full group of gaffers since I hate going to lfg.

JTran2003

I think David and I were holding stairway and was it you and the other relic on portals? So we had 4 on Gatekeepers and I think 4 as well at Atheon with two going down outside. Shame that no Fatebringers dropped for folks, but at least someone received Vex (Shadow?)

Yeah I was in mars portal at gatekeepers. Took a minute cause galahorn wanted to track the wrong enemy which was why when you came in and other dude came it was basically done exact for the ads which I usually leave anyway. Didn't know 2 dropped there as well as at atheon. Starting to really like black hammer. Was doing over 15000 damage on atheon. Just need to make sure I have special synth just in case I run out of ammo from missing critical.

Was a shame some people didn't get what they wanted. Maybe next time I guess. I did get foil at oracles so I'm glad about that. Now I have all the VoG weapons. Just need 2 more foils to have a set for each character. First work problems. Am I wanting too much?

Namikaze1

Dear Bungie,

Take a look at Pantheon. We want maps like that.

Now take a look at Skyshock.
*slaps Bungie*
The fuck where you guys thinking with this map?!

JTran2003

RlYea, Shadow got the Vex. At least someone got something they wanted out of the run. Hopefully I can get a full group of gaffers since I hate going to lfg.

Oh I didn't know you got some members from there. Then again. I was wondering how you got a group when no one was quoting the list on the thread. Makes sense...

Top Bottom