• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

border

If I already have a Thorn, is there any reason I would want to pick up The Last Word from Xur? I don't do Crucible with hand cannons.

X-Frame

Anybody killing Crota soon?

I have a 2nd Chest checkpoint, so if anyone needs that, then we could switch to someone who has a Crota checkpoint.

Level 32 Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I bought destiny day 1. Played it for a week or so with a titan, got to level 22ish, got disappointed with the content and quit.

Im thinking about starting over, completely fresh with a new class.

What has changed, what should I know, or what can I do to succeed and ultimately enjoy the game?

I don't really have anyone to play with regularly, is there a way to be productive solo?
Thanks guys.
Well, you're wrong on that last part! You have us if you want us.

At level 22, you probably might not have yet reached Vanguard level 2. If that's correct, focus on running bounties and getting your rep up- buying a vendor Gloves or Boots will put you on the path to 31.

border

Im thinking about starting over, completely fresh with a new class.

What has changed, what should I know, or what can I do to succeed and ultimately enjoy the game?

I don't really have anyone to play with regularly, is there a way to be productive solo?

I honestly don't think that making a new class is going to help that much, and there's a good chance that playing through the campaign is just going to burn you out again. But if you're jealous of how amazing Hunters are and feel like you never be satisfied playing a Titan (an increasingly common problem) then go ahead and re-roll.

Once you are started follow Hawkian's post-20 leveling guides in the OP.

Get a big friends list, big enough that you can expect to see at least 10-20 people online whenever you log in. When you scroll your cursor over various daily and weekly activities while in Orbit, you will see in the info box "x number of friends" are here. Then you can troll through your friends list and see which ones are doing that activity, and if they don't have a full fireteam you can just join them directly. That works pretty well for getting into Daily/Weekly/Nightfall events -- though it's pretty easy just to find a group in this thread.

If you are playing solo, the best ways to progress you character are Daily Story, Public Events, and Bounties. Don't bother with Strike Playlists unless you've exhausted all other options. You want to be building up Vanguard reputation and Vanguard marks so that you can buy your first set of raid-ready armor.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Get a big friends list, big enough that you can expect to see at least 10-20 people online whenever you log in.
D:
B68zL1ECUAA7Efy.jpg:large
it might be time for some triage...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
life is being torture to me!, haven't Destiny'd like I do for this week ; ;
=[

So many missed bounties...
Fucking sickness!

Shito

I think it's now something like my fourth purple heavy engram turning into a legendary machine gun or rocket launcher in those past two weeks.
Come on Bungie! If it's not the horn, at least give me the lord!

I posted this in the group/clan thread as well, but is anyone interested in running Vault of Glass on Normal in about an hour with two first-timers? My buddy (Lvl 29 Warlock) and I (Lvl 29 Hunter) never got around to making a group but we're determined to tonight.

Experience would be cool, but we're not opposed to running through it blind either.

2 failed nightfalls in a row with the boss at less than 10% health remaining because different people felt like they could just stay out in the open and then wouldn't go back to orbit. I'm done 'just getting you'. I'll sit in a safe spot until you come back, I promise.

border

D:

it might be time for some triage...

Yeah, I suggest a smaller friends list if only because if you have hundreds it's going to be a nightmare scrolling through the list trying to find friends that are doing a Nightfall when you scroll over the icon and it says "x Friends Are Here".

Though to be fair that's a really flat-out awful way of social integration and I'm surprised Bungie never gets called out on it. At the very least it should tell you which friends are doing the activity you are looking it. I guess you can kinda cross-reference the "X Friends Are Here" message with the friends list in the operating system and get a pretty good idea of who you need to join.

Shito

2 failed nightfalls in a row with the boss at less than 10% health remaining because different people felt like they could just stay out in the open and then wouldn't go back to orbit. I'm done 'just getting you'. I'll sit in a safe spot until you come back, I promise.
No way I'm getting out of my cheese spot to res someone on val taauric lightswitch.
You either go back to orbit and join again, or you wait for me to finish the cheese.

EL_CUCO thanks for letting me join and switch out on the weekly.

Now Im 400 points away from vanguard rank 2. Think I'll be able to hit rank 2 with vanguard and crucible by the Sunday or Monday. So with the Eris Quests I'll have gear to get my baby hunter to 31 soon.

MAX PAYMENT

I honestly don't think that making a new class is going to help that much, and there's a good chance that playing through the campaign is just going to burn you out again. But if you're jealous of how amazing Hunters are and feel like you never be satisfied playing a Titan (an increasingly common problem) then go ahead and re-roll.

Once you are started follow Hawkian's post-20 leveling guides in the OP.

Get a big friends list, big enough that you can expect to see at least 10-20 people online whenever you log in. When you scroll your cursor over various daily and weekly activities while in Orbit, you will see in the info box "x number of friends" are here. Then you can troll through your friends list and see which ones are doing that activity, and if they don't have a full fireteam you can just join them directly. That works pretty well for getting into Daily/Weekly/Nightfall events -- though it's pretty easy just to find a group in this thread.

If you are playing solo, the best ways to progress you character are Daily Story, Public Events, and Bounties. Don't bother with Strike Playlists unless you've exhausted all other options. You want to be building up Vanguard reputation and Vanguard marks so that you can buy your first set of raid-ready armor.

Are titans considered to be the least interesting class now?

Xion385

Returning Destiny player. 27 Warlock looking for group to do Nightfall or beat Vault of Glass for the first time. My PSN Xion385. Just send me a message. I'm already logged in.

Running a ROC Strike Playlist with only titan punches was all fun and games until the undying mind came up. The dream ended there.

EDIT: We decided to 'cheese' it by just lowering his health to minimum and punch him.

Top Bottom