• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Gear isn't the problem since you can likely feed it from your main. It's the class mats that are a pain in the Ass to get.

You end up with enough random gear from your "main" to outfit the other classes anyway. I have one of each, and each of them has enough gear to get to level 31 even though I've played less than 30 hours on one of them.

I have one of each. Only thing that makes it difficult to level up is that I never have enough class items
I might just do it then.

Everything is shared between all characters right? Even if the classes are different (excluding armor of course)? I might just use my 3 Warlocks now to stock up on Raidant Shard and then create a Hunter when I have enough.

Frenden

Banned
Super-duper quick mockup of the direction I was going. Keeping it minimal and readable at small sizes (podcast apps on phones and the like reduce the hell out of the artwork size and make readability key).

I am working on my Ubuntu laptop and not my production machine, so I don't have any fonts installed or my usual apps to use. This is juuuuust a sketch. Proportionate sizes of elements and the like would be changed for the final. And Futura would be used. I might add a subtle star-field pattern to the black areas and alternate the radio waves in front of and behind the traveler and tower a bit to create more depth.

But leaving it silhouettes works too--I wanted to evoke the tower, the traveler, and radio waves in the abstract way that the in-game emblems do so well.

YrL0WI5.png

Medium.

HqqQ9p0.png

Readable at small sizes.

u7QWkpx.png

Per some suggestions, here's an example of an alt color scheme. It should really work with just about any hue. That's an advantage of keeping it simple.

Seeing how the 2 swords for Crota tactic works, I'm kind of surprised this wasn't found much earlier. The idea of pushing out to kill the Sword Bearer very quickly should come naturally form all the groups working on speed. You would think someone would have taken the 1st one down quickly before mobs spawn and see this scenario happen a while ago.

LordofPwn

Seeing how the 2 swords for Crota tactic works, I'm kind of surprised this wasn't found much earlier. The idea of pushing out to kill the Sword Bearer very quickly should come naturally form all the groups working on speed. You would think someone would have taken the 1st one down quickly before mobs spawn and see this scenario happen a while ago.
Or at least on solo runs

It's difficult to kill the 1st one quick enough to have the second one spawn.

2 swordphase crota kill. Slowly improving my sword skills :)
Edit: p.s sorry for my buddies. Didn't know they never did it legit and were kinda confused on a few things.

Ji66a-Man

2 swordphase crota kill. Slowly improving my sword skills :)
Edit: p.s sorry for my buddies. Didn't know they never did it legit and were kinda confused on a few things.

I expect stumbles on a legit run, but that first run through the Lag Abyss had me scratching my head. Lots of bad connections caused the thrall and knights to stand around doing nothing and lamps weren't activating.

I'm just going to finish my pvp bounties, then go play something else. Few hours later, and I'm still playing the Crucible. #addict

Top Bottom