• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

X-Frame

Dragon's Breath needs to seriously ramp up the blast radius, duration, and even add some DoT burning effects to all those affected by the Solar Flare so that even if they walk out of it, they'll be taking DoT and could infect others they come in contact with, causing a chain reaction of DoT burning (or does this already happen?)

I think it would give it some unique crowd control effectiveness without going a generic route like giving it tracking or something.

They should also remove the Tripod perk, give it 3 rounds standard, and then give it something else.

hydruxo

The reason I hate the Omnigul strike is because it's pretty much nothing more than standing in the doorway of a room and shooting shit, for every phase of the whole strike. First room? Stand in the doorway. Outside area? Stand in the doorway. Final boss? Stand in the hallway and take potshots at Omnigul and adds.

I mean at least in other strikes you can move around and shit but this one is just poorly designed in every way.

I don't mind Undying Mind, kinda like it actually. Omnigul on the other hand is my least favorite strike by a mile.

I actually like the Omnigul strike. It has great pacing and can get very intense. The final room is a bit much since it is tough to take it on straight up, but the whole strike is just waaaaaay to long if you are farming marks or engrams.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL. My character doesn't even have a heavy weapon yet.

ig9Exv9E5Voab.png

No, the entire Dying Mind strike is a slow-moving grind and terribly designed. The Omnigul strike is heavenly by comparison.

Yup, artificial walls blocking you in to stop you from blowing through it because they couldn't be arsed to properly design something new and instead just recycle an already existing mission area.

The reason I hate the Omnigul strike is because it's pretty much nothing more than standing in the doorway of a room and shooting shit, for every phase of the whole strike. First room? Stand in the doorway. Outside area? Stand in the doorway. Final boss? Stand in the hallway and take potshots at Omnigul and adds.

I mean at least in other strikes you can move around and shit but this one is just poorly designed in every way.

Seconded. It isn't difficult but it pretty much forces you to stay in the first room and run when the waves come out. Although since you are grouped up you can get a pretty awesome super train going. We always have a good time with that.

No, the entire Dying Mind strike is a slow-moving grind and terribly designed. The Omnigul strike is heavenly by comparison.

The strike is just.

Enter first proper room. Deal with 3 waves (while you don't defend your ghost)

Move up stairs

Kill cyclops

Run to area right before boss room.

Kill remaining enemies and then boss.

pj

Banned
Xbone destiny-ers:
Am I the only one who has technical problems with the game?

If I turn off my system while playing destiny and turn it on hours later, I am greeted with a loud "bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-" sound. The length of the sound is directly related to the amount of time the system was off. It seems like the game is detecting that I should be returned to orbit every 15 minutes and queuing the music each time.

Also, if I am kicked to orbit while the system is off, I have to manually quit the game and relaunch it if I want to play again. Otherwise I sit indefinitely on the black loading screen.

These minor but annoying issues happen every single time, can't they fix this shit?

I'm setting my alarm for 2:45 AM, in order to take advantage of double bounties for Eris. Wish me luck, DestinyGAF! Mr. Sandman normally has his gritty hands tight on me throughout the night.

Frenden

Banned
Super-duper quick mockup of the direction I was going. Keeping it minimal and readable at small sizes (podcast apps on phones and the like reduce the hell out of the artwork size and make readability key).

I am working on my Ubuntu laptop and not my production machine, so I don't have any fonts installed or my usual apps to use. This is juuuuust a sketch. Proportionate sizes of elements and the like would be changed for the final. And Futura would be used. I might add a subtle star-field pattern to the black areas and alternate the radio waves in front of and behind the traveler and tower a bit to create more depth.

But leaving it silhouettes works too--I wanted to evoke the tower, the traveler, and radio waves in the abstract way that the in-game emblems do so well.

YrL0WI5.png

Medium.

HqqQ9p0.png

Readable at small sizes.

Super-duper quick mockup of the direction I was going. Keeping it minimal and readable at small sizes (podcast apps on phones and the like reduce the hell out of the artwork size and make readability key).

I am working on my Ubuntu laptop and not my production machine, so I don't have any fonts installed or my usual apps to use. This is juuuuust a sketch. Proportionate sizes of elements and the like would be changed for the final. And Futura would be used. I might add a subtle star-field pattern to the black areas and alternate the radio waves in front of and behind the traveler and tower a bit to create more depth.

But leaving it silhouettes works too--I wanted to evoke the tower, the traveler, and radio waves in the abstract way that the in-game emblems do so well.

YrL0WI5.png

Medium.

HqqQ9p0.png

Readable at small sizes.
I dig it! You really captured the Vex towers. Should it be "mythocast" or "Mythoclast," though?

gdt

So I just ran into a dude who's level 30 but is transferring low level Hunter cloaks with an alt. He was wearing the starting scarf with no hood or cape and the Arachnid Hunter helmet without a hood is horrific. Eyes everywhere.

LordofPwn

YrL0WI5.png

Medium.

HqqQ9p0.png

Readable at small sizes.
Digging the silhouettes. I'd change colors to be more in line with destiny though.

Xbone destiny-ers:
Am I the only one who has technical problems with the game?

If I turn off my system while playing destiny and turn it on hours later, I am greeted with a loud "bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-bd-" sound. The length of the sound is directly related to the amount of time the system was off. It seems like the game is detecting that I should be returned to orbit every 15 minutes and queuing the music each time.

Also, if I am kicked to orbit while the system is off, I have to manually quit the game and relaunch it if I want to play again. Otherwise I sit indefinitely on the black loading screen.

These minor but annoying issues happen every single time, can't they fix this shit?

I never have the first issue you have with the sound. That is very odd. Check the bungie forums if you haven't already.

Sometimes I have to manually quit the game after getting kicked for idling to get it to load past the black screen. Other times I have to manually quit in order for fireteams to properly work (such as when I am inviting friends to my fireteam).

RDreamer

I legit don't understand the PVP stuff... I'm getting one hit killed by like everyone high level and my shots do almost nothing. Caught someone by surprise in my last game and ended up hitting him with 3 shots... it did about 15% damage... to his shield. He turned and annihilated me in one hit.

wut

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I legit don't understand the PVP stuff... I'm getting one hit killed by like everyone high level and my shots do almost nothing. Caught someone by surprise in my last game and ended up hitting him with 3 shots... it did about 15% damage... to his shield. He turned and annihilated me in one hit.

wut

Are you ready for the next story mission?

gdt

wut

Not really possible. All damage is evened out regardless of level in regular crucible.

Unless they had some kind of buff or overshield on (force barrier, flame shield, armor of light, etc).

RDreamer

Are you ready for the next story mission?

I dunno. Probably? I got to level 8.

Not really possible. All damage is evened out regardless of level in regular crucible.

Unless they had some kind of buff or overshield on (force barrier, flame shield, armor of light, etc).

I dunno, man, I'm not that bad at shooters, lol. I'm getting killed in one or two hits, and my shots aren't doing shit to their shields at all.

Qwell

Anyone have the gorgons checkpoint, normal or hard, I don't mind which, just need to practice the jump puzzle, died twice during flawless attempts today :(

JTran2003

Anyone have the gorgons checkpoint, normal or hard, I don't mind which, just need to practice the jump puzzle, died twice during flawless attempts today :(

I always do the spiral platform route. Safest for me. Nerves always got me though no matter how much I practiced...

Qwell

I always do the spiral platform route. Safest for me. Nerves always got me though no matter how much I practiced...
I can get to the other side no problem, it was the one part where you have to jump out and back in. But I think I found a route that is actually on the very top I want to try out, seems a lot more certain. I'm using my warlock for the attempts, I suppose Titan or Hunter might be better, but my lock is lvl 32 and I just like playing him. For some reason even though I left during that phase when I came back I had the aethon checkpoint instead of the jumping puzzle.

Frenden

Banned
Digging the silhouettes. I'd change colors to be more in line with destiny though.

I took inspiration from the emblem marked c37. Luckily, the silhouettes should work with any color scheme with a decent contrast in values between the hues. This is SUPER DUPER early.

g2upuOU-e1407863235561.jpg

Qwell, use your hunter, equip triple jump and jump of the square platform corner to the corner on the ground

Dante316

I can get to the other side no problem, it was the one part where you have to jump out and back in. But I think I found a route that is actually on the very top I want to try out, seems a lot more certain. I'm using my warlock for the attempts, I suppose Titan or Hunter might be better, but my lock is lvl 32 and I just like playing him. For some reason even though I left during that phase when I came back I had the aethon checkpoint instead of the jumping puzzle.

Still want that checkpoint?

Stubo

YrL0WI5.png

Medium.

HqqQ9p0.png

Readable at small sizes.
This is really great stuff, can't wait to see what you guys create. Things like this are why I love GAF!

Top Bottom