• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hiko

Banned
Yeah that happened with all 3 of my characters

My first and main, my Titan didn't finish the story until he was 27. I wanted to spread out the story missions and such.

My warlock and hunter were power levelled and I never finished Venus with either.

The nice thing was eventually I wanted to unlock Mars for bounties. So if they did the daily missions that took place on Mars then everything was already unlocked after doing the last Venus mission. You just have to do the ones with the bigger circles too.
How did you level up so fast? Just doing bounties? I'm leveling an alt and currently at level 11. Crucible is too slow and story missions are a grind. I think I'm on the archive mission on venus and I just have no motivation to slog through it.

How did you level up so fast? Just doing bounties? I'm leveling an alt and currently at level 11. Crucible is too slow and story missions are a grind. I think I'm on the archive mission on venus and I just have no motivation to slog through it.

Definitely did all the bounties available but it only took like 2-3 days so it wasn't that many bounties. Do the missions on the hardest setting to get extra XP.

Also doing patrol and public events help too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Public events gives you 500 exp and it's so easy. You don't have to complete it if you have higher ups doing it for you.

Bounties, yes. One of the good ones is killing hive majors. Just go to that popular spot and stand in the area above ground and when they kill the majors you'll still get everything. You can't fight those guys until you are at least 16 so still getting 5000Xp for that bounty without doing anything is good.
You can also do Eris bounties. Whether it's kill with Crota's sword or kill the knights. It can be done even at low level.

Nightfall and Weekly - Weekly Fireteam Spot Available

Deku and I are looking for someone who would like to fill a newly vacant spot in our Weekly and Nightfall group. Every Wednesday our 3 person fireteam will do back to back Nightfalls and Weeklies for 3 characters (3 of each, 6 total runs).

We will begin this coming Wednesday and start at 8:30-9:00pm EST.

Who would like to join us on a weekly basis every Wednesday? We are looking for someone who will do all 6 runs and has 3 characters to do it.

If they don't fix the vault by House of Wolves I'll be screwed.

Vault is almost full (just enough space for exchanging items) and all 3 of my characters have their weapon slots full except for the heavy weapons.

Hurry Bungie!!!!

Anyone up for some ROC strikes? Won't have my mic on, catching up on podcasts. Going to try and speed run as much as possible. Not planning on skipping strikes, but if we get something 3 in a row I'll back out.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

I can wait until we get a full team.

Mazre

Anyone up for some ROC strikes? Won't have my mic on, catching up on podcasts. Going to try and speed run as much as possible. Not planning on skipping strikes, but if we get something 3 in a row I'll back out.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

I'll run some

PSN Mazre_

Ok, I'm seriously tired of these LFG people. Too many damn kids throwing temper tantrums. And they suck too. We spent at least an hour trying to kill Crota and couldn't do it. We even tried to cheese it and people still kept screwing up. Like, how hard is it to pull a plug?

You have a Gaf account, stay as far away from LFG as possible as often as possible. Post around here especially if you are on PS4 as most of us are. Remember the LFG Golden Rule:

People with lots of requirements = People who suck

The glimmer cost is brutal.

Nothing 30 min on the farm can't fix. If I get one more armor piece I can have 3 Lv32s after the next reset, but honesty it doesn't matter. A Lv31 on hard mode is just a Lv30 now which is fine for everything but sword running.

SkylineRKR

Ok, I'm seriously tired of these LFG people. Too many damn kids throwing temper tantrums. And they suck too. We spent at least an hour trying to kill Crota and couldn't do it. We even tried to cheese it and people still kept screwing up. Like, how hard is it to pull a plug?

This is why Raids shouldn't get matchmaking. 90% of experiences will be like LFG because LFG people is who are going to have to matchmake. My last LFG game was in Oct or something, guys who actually tried to cheese Atheon on Normal, taking over 30 minutes and still not succeeding. I said we would've killed him legit by now, they didn't even respond so I left.

Stay away from that shit.

Enough shards to get all three characters to 32!!!

Awesome!!! Congrats!

I need for each character to get at least 9 of either shards or energy to get my last one to 32 at the next reset. The extra loot roll with the Deathsinger should make it easy.

I have 38 left from getting 2 to 32.

Thanks for the the discouragement
:(

You have a Gaf account, stay as far away from LFG as possible as often as possible. Post around here especially if you are on PS4 as most of us are. Remember the LFG Golden Rule:

People with lots of requirements = People who suck

Nothing 30 min on the farm can't fix. If I get one more armor piece I can have 3 Lv32s after the next reset, but honesty it doesn't matter. A Lv31 on hard mode is just a Lv30 now which is fine for everything but sword running.

Yeah farming makes up for it easily. Just doesn't seem like a lot, 500 glimmer each, until you're exchanging 30+ energy.

Got my first Exotic (The Last Word) and my first Exotic Bounty! I can't decide between the bounties though. I'm torn between Thorn and Invective. I've heard Thorn is pretty good but I've already got an Exotic pistol and I'm having a ton of fun with it. But I don't know how often I'd unequip my Exotic primary for the Invective so I can't decide :(

Got my first Exotic (The Last Word) and my first Exotic Bounty! I can't decide between the bounties though. I'm torn between Thorn and Invective. I've heard Thorn is pretty good but I've already got an Exotic pistol and I'm having a ton of fun with it. But I don't know how often I'd unequip my Exotic primary for the Invective so I can't decide :(

Invective is crap. Thorn is a god tier hand cannon. PvP especially.

Boof

I'm looking for a some help. I'm a lvl 27 warlock and need either the lvl 28 weekly or 30 weekly. I need just a couple more coins to get my first exotic!

I could use help on the daily too!

PSN: Boofz

The Jer

I have yet to do the Crota's End raid... I was hoping to try this today.

If anyone is willing to work with a raid noob, let me know! I have a level 31 hunter and several 300+ weapons.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Awesome!!! Congrats!

I need for each character to get at least 9 of either shards or energy to get my last one to 32 at the next reset. The extra loot roll with the Deathsinger should make it easy.

I have 38 left from getting 2 to 32.
Yup, you will get 25 shards next week for sure.

You don't get Thorn bounty often. It wrecks in PvP and is very good in PvE, go for it.

Greenymac

I'm looking for a some help. I'm a lvl 27 warlock and need either the lvl 28 weekly or 30 weekly. I need just a couple more coins to get my first exotic!

I could use help on the daily too!

PSN: Boofz

If I was online Id help just cause of your avatar....

If they don't fix the vault by House of Wolves I'll be screwed.

Vault is almost full (just enough space for exchanging items) and all 3 of my characters have their weapon slots full except for the heavy weapons.

Hurry Bungie!!!!
The sad thing is Bungie has not made any mention of this. Not even an excessively wordy and roundabout, yet also completely uninformative, post by Deej.

Rubenov

Thorn and TLW are very different. You should try both.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

I threw you a FR

Two Words

Yeah it looks like "The Last Word" perk is still broken. It causes hip fire head shots to not register as headshots. You can try shooting Fallen in the head with it and they'll still do the same headshot death animation, but their heads don't explode and they don't take precision damage. I don't get how Bungie can leave a broken perk like this for months. It literally makes the gun worse for exactly what it is supposed to do.

Top Bottom