• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

ocean

Banned
I'm going to solo CE for the low levels later tonight. Still willing to run the whole thing with a group.
Sounds great! I'd be down if it's in about 3 hours or later. Have a 28 Hunter who would get a major boost from any Raid gear he got.

I'd be down to run later with my 31 Titan for a full run also :)

Ambitious

Sounds great! I'd be down if it's in about 3 hours or later. Have a 28 Hunter who would get a major boost from any Raid gear he got.

I don't know if you saw my reply to your earlier post, but I'm down for two runs too. I won't join Kasey's run though, as all my characters are 31+.

Nightfall and Weekly - Weekly Fireteam Spot Available

Deku and I are looking for someone who would like to fill a newly vacant spot in our Weekly and Nightfall group. Every Wednesday our 3 person fireteam will do back to back Nightfalls and Weeklies for 3 characters (3 of each, 6 total runs).

We will begin this coming Wednesday and start at 8:30-9:00pm EST.

Who would like to join us on a weekly basis every Wednesday? We are looking for someone who will do all 6 runs and has 3 characters to do it.

Quote for new page!

ocean

Banned
I don't know if you saw my reply to your earlier post, but I'm down for two runs too. I won't join Kasey's run though, as all my characters are 31+.
Sorry, I missed it! I'm visiting a friend at the hospital but expect to be home in about 3 hours. Then I'd be down for the Crota's End baby alt carry session and 1-2 full runs :)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Looks like we are waiting for the patch to run raids on Tuesday with the usual crew. No reset runs.

I won't be available that day until 5pm EST. Not sure if you guys are on then. I could do the early morning per usual but I also want to run it for the extra roll in case we get screwed doing it pre-patch.
I am not in a hurry, will wait for you and Dhruv.

If you're willing to dig through the last 2 or 3 days of my footage knock yourself out. .

I know I take these things too seriously, but even I have my limits haha. We'll just have to beat that time then.

Yup I play on PS4. Where I shine the best is multiplayer though. I play every now and then with a few of my friends at ComicGAF and if my teammates are even remotely decent I can carry the team for multiple wins in a row. Highest I've hit is 6.0 k/d.

There's a smaller collection of dedicated PvP players here compared to PvE but they are always looking for more people interested in Crucible. Hop aboard a team sometime for total domination (e.g. 20k-1.8k control match yesterday). Double digit k/d's are quite common on those teams.

We are worried grabbing the first chest will not allow for the Deathsinger drop after it patches.

What do you and others here think?

Also how are you going to get to Crota first without doing Deathsinger?

Honestly I have no idea but it makes the most sense to me that, as long as you totally avoided DS phase, you wouldn't interfere with the loot drop post patch. It would be surprising if they programmed in something to account for this one-time event of pre/post patch. Considering you will still get at least 3 exotic chances either way it seems like a risk worth taking.

To skip DS completely: Keep someone logged in before reset, chilling at the Crota CP. Have someone else log out and back in after reset then join the other guy at the Crota CP. First guy logs out/back in and rejoins, share the CP on at least two other alts, kill him 3 times, ????, profit. Worked like a charm last week.

Ambitious

Holy shit, Hawkmoon is amazing in PvP. I had no idea.

Sorry, I missed it! I'm visiting a friend at the hospital but expect to be home in about 3 hours. Then I'd be down for the Crota's End baby alt carry session and 1-2 full runs :)

You've got a Crota checkpoint, don't you? In fact, I only need to kill Crota with my three characters; I've already got the other loot drops. But I'd do a full run nonetheless, it shouldn't take too long anyway.

I know I take these things too seriously, but even I have my limits haha. We'll just have to beat that time then.

There's a smaller collection of dedicated PvP players here compared to PvE but they are always looking for more people interested in Crucible. Hop aboard a team sometime for total domination (e.g. 20k-1.8k control match yesterday). Double digit k/d's are quite common on those teams.

Honestly I have no idea but it makes the most sense to me that, as long as you totally avoided DS phase, you wouldn't interfere with the loot drop post patch. It would be surprising if they programmed in something to account for this one-time event of pre/post patch. Considering you will still get at least 3 exotic chances either way it seems like a risk worth taking.

To skip DS completely: Keep someone logged in before reset, chilling at the Crota CP. Have someone else log out and back in after reset then join the other guy at the Crota CP. First guy logs out/back in and rejoins, share the CP on at least two other alts, kill him 3 times, ????, profit. Worked like a charm last week.

I don't care as much about the exotics. I'm only missing universal remote, 4th horseman and red death. None special.

I'm worried about missing the armour roll. I have all the armour I need but my warlock has shitty stats. A full strength chest wtf!

Xion385

Any tips for a returning lvl 28?

I've been away from the game since late October. I kinda burnt myself out constantly playing it since Launch. I came back during the New Years because a couple of friends got it. I'm a 28 Warlock, but I feel lost since then. It might be because the DLC came out. I was trying to do the weekly Nightfall, but for some strange reason other people on Destinylfg will only group with 30+. I'm decently geared. I got Suros and Sunbreakers as my exotics and everything else is at least Legendary. So any tips for a returning player looking to make it over the lvl 30 hump? Is the DLC essential to buy?

You guys stool need room for one more ?? I have a 28 titan in desperate need of boots but I also have 31 hunter and warlock to help carry others as well

Ambitious

I got the emblem fake-out today too. Not even a gun or anything. Package rewards are horrible since the DLC hit.

I would rank them with my alts as well to increase my chances, but I'd have to get them to rank 3 first before getting any rewards. So dumb.

breakfuss

I've been away from the game since late October. I kinda burnt myself out constantly playing it since Launch. I came back during the New Years because a couple of friends got it. I'm a 28 Warlock, but I feel lost since then. It might be because the DLC came out. I was trying to do the weekly Nightfall, but for some strange reason other people on Destinylfg will only group with 30+. I'm decently geared. I got Suros and Sunbreakers as my exotics and everything else is at least Legendary. So any tips for a returning player looking to make it over the lvl 30 hump? Is the DLC essential to buy?

Pretty sure the nightfall and weekly are 30 now so it's no surprise people are asking for 30+ only. You can still level up to 30 with armor drops from VoG but that's obviously random. Iron Banner returns next Tuesday so that's another way to obtain the appropriate gear. If you plan to continue playing I'd say the DLC is essential. It allows you to simply buy what you need to reach 30 from the vendors (provided you have enough rank, marks and commendations). Don't know if any of this makes sense...sure someone can expand on anything i left out.

If you are enjoying it enough that you think you will be playing it at least on and off going forward then I would consider the DLC "required." It's more accurate to think of it as Bungie's substitute for a MMO subscription fee, the amount of content it provides falls well short of what most people would consider an "expansion." But in order to play all the content (including access to every Weekly and Nightfall strike) you will need the DLC.

Don't use LFG, it's a total crap shoot and often ends in bad experiences with bad players. Anyone demanding a lot of requirements (Lv30+ for NF, etc.) is bad at the game, not the attitude of people you want on your fire team. Use this OT instead. Read some of the OP guides about leveling up at different light levels, it's pretty easy now that the Tower vendors sell gear which can get you to Lv31 even.

What's a good shotgun for PVP? Not sure which one to upgrade.

Secret Handshake
Found Verdict
Judgment VI

Vendor version of SH is fantastic with really long range on ADS (shot perk). Found Verdict is also fantastic, much higher impact and still great range but no shot perk. Don't know about Judgement (depends on perks), but you can't go wrong with SH and FV.

Vendor version of SH is fantastic with really long range on ADS (shot perk). Found Verdict is also fantastic, much higher impact and still great range but no shot perk. Don't know about Judgement (depends on perks), but you can't go wrong with SH and FV.
Thanks. Going to pick up SH from the Vanguard vendor and give it a shot.

ocean

Banned

Level 30 requires 120 Light. Before the DLC, Legendary armor started at 18 Light and maxed at 27. Now it starts at 24 and maxes at 33. Likewise, old Exotic gear began at 24 and maxed at 30; now it's 30/36.

Even without the DLC you can buy this kind of gear with the vendors using your marks (Vanguard/Crucible). You can visit Xûr and either buy new Exotic gear with the new Light values or upgrade an old Exotic.

This means hitting level 30 is easier than ever. A maxed Exotic (+36) a new vendor Legendary (+33), an old Legendary like your current one (+27) and a vanilla vendor Legendary (+24) = level 30 :)

Jinjo

I would rank them with my alts as well to increase my chances, but I'd have to get them to rank 3 first before getting any rewards. So dumb.

All my alts are now ranking up dead orbit now. The first two ranks are not that bad. I get about a rank-up a week on each of them. 5 packages in, only gotten emblems and armor so far.

raindoc

"Need" to kill Atheon 1 more time, got the checkpoint.

Also wouldn't mind going into the Crucible with a couple of gaffers later on?

What's the best course of action for next reset?
Run the first half as normal then wait for patch to run Deathsinger?

Nobody knows right now. I think our reset raid team is going to do Crota 3x-->first part 3x-->wait for patch then DS 3x and hope that it doesn't screw us over somehow. Afaik it's impossible to say right now but if you don't care about exotics it's probably best to wait until after the patch to be safe.

schlew

Hey all, just a quick question.

I don't have the time to invest into Destiny that I would like to, so I want to make sure the time I can put in benefits me.

Is it a good idea for me to join a faction? I mostly play Crucible, and I'm closing in on level 2 for my Crucible rank. If I join a faction, does my Crucible reputation earnings go to the faction (Future War Cult for example), and my Crucible ranking stops progressing?

Just want to do what's best. Thanks.

I don't have the time to invest into Destiny that I would like to, so I want to make sure the time I can put in benefits me.

Is it a good idea for me to join a faction? I mostly play Crucible, and I'm closing in on level 2 for my Crucible rank. If I join a faction, does my Crucible reputation earnings go to the faction (Future War Cult for example), and my Crucible ranking stops progressing?

Yes, it halts crucible progression. Get it to rank 3 and then join a faction.

Your crucible rank will stop progressing and your rank for the faction will begin to increase. Factions take crucible marks to buy things, though and you'll still be earning those (up to 100 a week).

Incidentally, I really wish factions took vanguard marks.

Top Bottom