• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Originally Posted by silver.tongue
We are going for another Atheon kill.

We are at Gatekeepers. Need 4 players.

1. Silver
2. Captnscience
3. Robdraggoo
4. Dimas
5. Cyberpunk

Lvl 25 noob checkin in with a quick question. Is there any difference, in terms of rewards, between the non-ROC vanguard strikes other than the amount vanguard rep and points? Are you more likely to get decent drops in a Tiger strike say compared to Viper? The mark/rep gains aren't worth it in of themselves because they're 10x easier to get from bounties/public events. Really enjoying even the matchmade strikes, so far everyone's played the objective, no AFKs.

Lvl 25 noob checkin in with a quick question. Is there any difference, in terms of rewards, between the non-ROC vanguard strikes other than the amount vanguard rep and points? Are you more likely to get decent drops in a Tiger strike say compared to Viper? The mark/rep gains aren't worth it in of themselves because they're 10x easier to get from bounties/public events. Really enjoying even the matchmade strikes, so far everyone's played the objective, no AFKs.

You get items from a new The Dark Below loot table such as ships and such. Not 100% sure if there is a likelihood for better/more loot but it seems likely since it is a higher level and everything works like that. Weekly, daily etc always give more for higher level.

I know I am really late for this, but I had a blast playing a crucible with Lollipopreaper and the rest of the other Gaffers. X__XO__O and Rubenov (sp?) are GAFfers. Was everyone else? I'm still trying to match up PSN names with their GAF counterparts.

Solo-ed CE. Got Warlock chest. Onward to 32. :)

Apotheosis Evil or Light of Nemesis?

Apotheosis, especially when hard mode CE hits. You won't use the revive from Light but the health regen on super use is great for hard mode and flawless raids. Light is great for stuff like Skirmish/Salvage or NFalls but meh outside that.

I can help if you still need NF btw.

Ambitious

Third Nightfall: The Devil You Don't, with Third Eye, Return to Sender and Field Scout. Worth keeping? I haven't followed the discussions about the new vendor weapons at all, but wasn't the magazine size the TDYD's main flaw?

I'm so confused about which Hunter subclass I should max first :/

I guess Gunslinger?

What do you want to do with it? PvE mainly? GS is better in VoG but BD is better in CE. Both of them are great in Crucible.

Third Nightfall: The Devil You Don't, with Third Eye, Return to Sender and Field Scout. Worth keeping? I haven't followed the discussions about the new vendor weapons at all, but wasn't the magazine size the TDYD's main flaw?

Sounds like a badass Crucible hand cannon. Definite keeper. I really want a TDYD w/ FS.

DNAbro

I don't really listen to mics anyway unless it's raiding,

Add me. Kadey1up. I have to reboot my PS4 in the mean time.

friend request sent

Apotheosis, especially when hard mode CE hits. You won't use the revive from Light but the health regen on super use is great for hard mode and flawless raids. Light is great for stuff like Skirmish/Salvage or NFalls but meh outside that.

I can help if you still need NF btw.

you can join us then

jaaz

I would choose Apotheosis Veil for the Discipline on the helm. It could also get you out of sticky situations if your need health quickly. On the other hand, I assume you are a sunbro, which means the effect of the Veil is lost if you are using your self-Rez.

On aesthetics, I think LBN looks much better with the Deathsinger armor! I dont really see the faster revives as very useful. It's marginal in the Pit area, but it's not really that much of a difference.

panda-zebra

yay my first exotic dropped during VoGN. Its The Red Death.
I hate Pulse Rifles and just read that it got nerfed early december. fml

Depends how you look at it. It actually does higher DPS now, but for the PvP elite it apparently lost its appeal.

I never had it pre-patch, have it now and think a lot of it as a PvE weapon, even though it's a 1.0. I heard some use it killing the small stuff at Crota to keep health up.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

That's impressive.

I only have Apotheosis Veil, so I can't comment on LBN, but the Veil is very good.

I'm looking for a hard VoG from at Templar or earlier. Still need that Fatebringer sadly. PSN Tokunbo if you need one.

(I have a Templar CP)

I know I am really late for this, but I had a blast playing a crucible with Lollipopreaper and the rest of the other Gaffers. X__XO__O and Rubenov (sp?) are GAFfers. Was everyone else? I'm still trying to match up PSN names with their GAF counterparts.

No problem man. Playing with GAF is always a blast (forgetting the lag). It also means I can avoid these situations

DdsC5mJ.jpg

It wasn't even close.... *sigh*

I'm so confused about which Hunter subclass I should max first :/

I guess Gunslinger?

I don't know man. Stealth revives has been amazing for me in PVE. All my alts only have Bladedancer maxed out and they are always useful. Gunslinger doesn't provide any extra utilities.

-

Still looking for a farming group for some glimmer.

Deku Tree

Gunslinger it is. Thanks!
I really regret dismantling all my old Hunter exotic gear /facepalm

Yup I regret dismantling my Helm St 14 1.0 a few weeks ago. I Was not expecting or planning to have a Titan again for a long time and I wanted exotic shards. My Galsshouse is good too though.

NF Titan 10 ascendant shards
weekly 30 legendary engram = rapier with worse perks than crucible vendor.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks. I'm a voidwalker right now. Was sunsinger last warlock but I'm more of an offensive person so self rez doesn't mean much to me. Will have both maxed out eventually of course.

DNA. Invite me when you're ready. Just getting my gear now.

Yup I regret dismantling my Helm St 14 1.0 a few weeks ago. I Was not expecting or planning to have a Titan again for a long time and I wanted exotic shards. My Galsshouse is good too though.

NF Titan 10 ascendant shards
weekly 30 legendary engram = rapier with worse perks than crucible vendor.

Now I know how people feel when somebody posts about dismantling HMoon or GHorn. Why didn't you give the Saint helm to me? ;_;

Top Bottom