• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'm gonna go with the Thorn bounty. Hope the bounty isn't too tough.
majk.jpg

BokehKing

Banned
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'm gonna go with the Thorn bounty. Hope the bounty isn't too tough.
It might be, let us know if you need help on that first strike

Anyway
On another note
I can't scream 'fuck flag c' loud enough to break bungies anti troll not everyone in a public lobby bullshit. I join a fire team chat, no one else enters

Hiko

Banned
Yeah it looks like "The Last Word" perk is still broken. It causes hip fire head shots to not register as headshots. You can try shooting Fallen in the head with it and they'll still do the same headshot death animation, but their heads don't explode and they don't take precision damage. I don't get how Bungie can leave a broken perk like this for months. It literally makes the gun worse for exactly what it is supposed to do.

It's still better to ADS with TLW anyway. Just max out the stability and use it like a normal HC. The perk is glitchy because you will often get the hip fire bonus even while ADS.

Honestly I don't want Bungie to touch the gun. It's already a monster.

Two Words

It's still better to ADS with TLW anyway. Just max out the stability and use it like a normal HC. The perk is glitchy because you will often get the hip fire bonus even while ADS.

It's supposed to be a great hipfire gun. The perk makes it a terrible hipfire gun. I don't know how they can ignore that.

SkylineRKR

Yep, sadly ADS is much more useful. I hip fired guys who stood still and still didn't crit a lot.

Same goes for Monte Carlo, ADS is still better.

Two Words

If the perk is broken and they can't fix it, they should just replace it. Make it so that if you fire all 8 shots without taking your finger off the trigger, it reloads much faster.

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone pvping this morning? Just got to the PvP part for invective and bad juju bounties and I've been needing to grind rank 3 for awhile.

CozMick

Banned
Great. That's enough to get started. I'll send invites now.

1.CozMick
2.Captscience
3.Forza_aldi
4.Gilad_Garon
5.GeneralTsui
6.NoThru22

Thanks for the run guys.

Dropped Cryptographic and Song of IR YUT :)

Either that raid is super easy or you guys made it look that way :p

Jainc78

Banned
Bought The Last Word. Played a Roc Strike. Got The Last Word. Well played RNG, well played.

I'll top that nightfall with matiat0r I got the last word Gorgon chest with m3rocket I got the last word roc last night with ramona83 I got the last word and on top xur is selling the last word it we go back 2 weeks I got one from nightfall too.

Sofa King

Will I be able to hold on to legendary armor engrams until the next max level bump and use them right away to get better level armor? Currently sitting on 7 engrams because I have no reason to use them.

When PvE's the only thing you do you're bound to learn some intricacies

We still need sub 8 Valus, sub 5 Nexus, and sub 10 Omnigul.

Stupid first Servitor on Nexus, spawning in different places like a jerk.

I'm going to solo CE for the low levels later tonight. Still willing to run the whole thing with a group.

As a solo-pro you should do flawless runs. Really easy/helpful to solo the first phase, even though it's not very hard to do with a team.

Bogeypop

We still need sub 8 Valus, sub 5 Nexus, and sub 10 Omnigul.

Stupid first Servitor on Nexus, spawning in different places like a jerk.

I've done Omnigul sub 8, and it would have been even faster if we didn't try to go do a public event that had just ended when we landed.

Deku Tree

Cleaning out my old PSN messages. People say PSN works better if you don't have tons of saved threads. Hope I don't offend anybody. Nothing personal. Just deleting old unused inactive message threads.

Zombine

Banned
I'm level 28 always looking for people to pair up with. I've never been able to play a single raid yet, but my skill level is quite high. Next time someone sets up Crota I would love to join.

Baby Titan's first CE up to 2nd chest = no armor only radiant mats. ;(

Same exact outcome for my baby Hunter. Oh well, with your help I got the Eris gauntlets and just bought boots from the vanguard. Now grinding crucible rep to get a chest piece. Hopefully hit 31 by reset.

Thanks for the run guys.

Dropped Cryptographic and Song of IR YUT :)

Either that raid is super easy or you guys made it look that way :p

My first CE. it was an awesome run and really fun:)
I scored Hunger of Crota, thanks a lot guys!

Glad you guys had a positive first run! All credit to NoThru22/Macello for having it go smoothly.

We skipped perhaps the hardest part, the Deathsinger, but you'll get a chance next week when she starts dropping loot.

I've done Omnigul sub 8, and it would have been even faster if we didn't try to go do a public event that had just ended when we landed.

Hmm yeah I remember you posted about that but I thought you said it was 10+ but felt like it should have been 7-8 if not for the PE. Sub 8 sounds super fast given the fallen+hive waves, fallen ships, pre-Omni trash and finally Omni herself, would be cool to see if you happened to save the video?

I'm level 28 always looking for people to pair up with. I've never been able to play a single raid yet, but my skill level is quite high. Next time someone sets up Crota I would love to join.

As a Lv28, I'd recommend a normal VoG as your first raid (also because it's way better), but if you get to Lv30 you could easily do Crota raid. Lots of people around here can help, assuming you are PS4.

This level 2 Duke MK.10 handcannon I got kills people in 3 hits in the Crucible.

Looks like we are waiting for the patch to run raids on Tuesday with the usual crew. No reset runs.

I won't be available that day until 5pm EST. Not sure if you guys are on then. I could do the early morning per usual but I also want to run it for the extra roll in case we get screwed doing it pre-patch.

Bogeypop

Hmm yeah I remember you posted about that but I thought you said it was 10+ but felt like it should have been 7-8 if not for the PE. Sub 8 sounds super fast given the fallen+hive waves, fallen ships, pre-Omni trash and finally Omni herself, would be cool to see if you happened to save the video?

I always stream my play sessions so it should be in my VoDs somewhere, but for some reason if you stream for more than 2 hours VoDs get corrupted. If you're willing to dig through the last 2 or 3 days of my footage knock yourself out.

http://www.twitch.tv/boogiepop/profile

You can tell how much I've been enjoying my time with Destiny by how little of anything else I've streamed.

Ambitious

I don't get the order in which fellow players are displayed in the roster menu. And I don't understand why in team-based Crucible modes, team members are not grouped together. It just doesn't make any sense. Does everything have to be fucking random?

Looks like we are waiting for the patch to run raids on Tuesday with the usual crew.

I won't be available that day until 5pm EST. Not sure if you guys are on then.

Was it just because of scheduling you were going to wait for the patch or is there another reason to wait? We were probably going to start at Crota and kill him 3x, skipping the DSinger phases all 3 times, and grabbing the first chest before the patch. Then kill DS 3x after the patch for (potentially) double exotic chances.

Zombine

Banned
Lots of people around here can help, assuming you are PS4.

Yup I play on PS4. Where I shine the best is multiplayer though. I play every now and then with a few of my friends at ComicGAF and if my teammates are even remotely decent I can carry the team for multiple wins in a row. Highest I've hit is 6.0 k/d.

Was it just because of scheduling you were going to wait for the patch or is there another reason to wait? We were probably going to start at Crota and kill him 3x, skipping the DSinger phases all 3 times, and grabbing the first chest before the patch. Then kill DS 3x after the patch for (potentially) double exotic chances.

We are worried grabbing the first chest will not allow for the Deathsinger drop after it patches.

What do you and others here think?

Also how are you going to get to Crota first without doing Deathsinger?

Deku Tree

Yup I play on PS4. Where I shine the best is multiplayer though. I play every now and then with a few of my friends at ComicGAF and if my teammates are even remotely decent I can carry the team for multiple wins in a row. Highest I've hit is 6.0 k/d.

Hawkian runs a once per week noob RAID. I hear it's lots of fun. I think it's Thursday's 9pm est. That might be something to think about. You need to sign up though.

Zombine

Banned
Hawkian runs a once per week noob RAID. I hear it's lots of fun. I think it's Thursday's 9pm est. That might be something to think about. You need to sign up though.

I'm on EST so that would be easy enough for me.

Unrelated to Raids, RNG shits on me so bad in this game it isn't even funny. I ran like 20+ Lv 26 strikes this weekend and have gotten shit, while everyone around me is getting legendary engrams like crazy.

We are worried grabbing the first chest will not allow for the Deathsinger drop after it patches.

What do you and others here think?

Also how are you going to get to Crota first without doing Deathsinger?

If one person with he Crota CP stays logged in over the reset other players can log out and get it from them.

matmanx1

Yeah it looks like "The Last Word" perk is still broken. It causes hip fire head shots to not register as headshots. You can try shooting Fallen in the head with it and they'll still do the same headshot death animation, but their heads don't explode and they don't take precision damage. I don't get how Bungie can leave a broken perk like this for months. It literally makes the gun worse for exactly what it is supposed to do.

I agree it seems to be glitchy. Sometimes the hipfire crit registers even when I am aiming down the sights and sometimes it doesn't register when I'm hipfiring but land a head shot. My personal opinion is that it's the netcode that is to blame; there is too much of a buffer built in between player action, server side acknowledgement and then display on screen. It leads to some weird stuff happening, especially in the Crucible.

The upside is that even with the glitchy perk the gun is still one of the best in the game at time to kill in the Crucible. I'm working now to learn to start encounters ADS and then backing off to hipfire to finish. We'll see how it goes.

Deku Tree

I'm on EST so that would be easy enough for me.

Unrelated to Raids, RNG shits on me so bad in this game it isn't even funny. I ran like 20+ Lv 26 strikes this weekend and have gotten shit, while everyone around me is getting legendary engrams like crazy.

You are getting the normal most likely rewards. Legendary engrams and exotics are extremely rare rewards. There is a reporting bias because people only post and talk about their extremely lucky drops. So it's not like your getting shit on by RNG your just not winning the lottery yet.

Top Bottom