• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

gdt

Hey all, just a quick question.

I don't have the time to invest into Destiny that I would like to, so I want to make sure the time I can put in benefits me.

Is it a good idea for me to join a faction? I mostly play Crucible, and I'm closing in on level 2 for my Crucible rank. If I join a faction, does my Crucible reputation earnings go to the faction (Future War Cult for example), and my Crucible ranking stops progressing?

Just want to do what's best. Thanks.

Hit rank 3 on Crucible first (same for Vanguard) and then pick whatever faction you want from then on.

noomi

Nobody knows right now. I think our reset raid team is going to do Crota 3x-->first part 3x-->wait for patch then DS 3x and hope that it doesn't screw us over somehow. Afaik it's impossible to say right now but if you don't care about exotics it's probably best to wait until after the patch to be safe.

I'm going to grab the 3 exotics chests first thing after reset if possible, and then run through the entire raid 3 times.... We'll see what happens.

Hey all, just a quick question.

I don't have the time to invest into Destiny that I would like to, so I want to make sure the time I can put in benefits me.

Is it a good idea for me to join a faction? I mostly play Crucible, and I'm closing in on level 2 for my Crucible rank. If I join a faction, does my Crucible reputation earnings go to the faction (Future War Cult for example), and my Crucible ranking stops progressing?

Just want to do what's best. Thanks.

All the rep would go to the faction (e.g. FWC) if you start wearing their class armor item. Definitely keep ranking up Crucible until you hit rank 2 at least (so you can buy armor) or ideally rank 3 (so you can buy weapons too). Then consider switching to a faction that has some armor or weapons you find appealing and would want to buy with marks.

The one catch is that all your Vanguard and Crucible rep go to the faction if you are wearing their class armor. So, it's actually faster to level up a faction if you play at least some PvE. But since you are close to Crucible rank 2, stick with that for now.

X-Frame

Any groups forming to kill Crota?

Unfortunately I only have a checkpoint post-Bridge, so the 2nd chest if people haven't gotten it. I need to kill Crota on 2 characters. Let me know!

Level 32 Titan.

hydruxo

What's a good shotgun for PVP? Not sure which one to upgrade.

Secret Handshake
Found Verdict
Judgment VI

They're all good. Found Verdict has been a PVP staple for me since I got it months ago, it's my old reliable. FV is outdated for Iron Banner now though, but you could still use it. The vendor Secret Handshake with shot package is fantastic and definitely worth upgrading. I've never had a Judgment VI, but I've seen plenty of people do well with it in PVP, but obviously it depends what perks yours has on it.

hydruxo

Unfortunately I only have a checkpoint post-Bridge, so the 2nd chest if people haven't gotten it. I need to kill Crota on 2 characters. Let me know!

Level 32 Titan.

I can't go until 4:30 pm EST or so but I have the Crota cp if you don't mind waiting a couple hours. If not, no worries!

Questions:

1. How do you deal with the bubble shields? I see guys putting them up over control points and they take forever to disappear.

2. What stats count in multiplayer? Just upgrades and abilities? I had a match where I could have sworn the other team were one shotting us with any weapon. Do whites and purples do the same damage? It wasn't iron banner.

Deku Tree

Level 32 Titan.

I need to kill Crota once with my 30 Titan. Can do DPS with Truth or tower Knights with IB. Could start ASAP.

Edit. And I have the Crota cp if needed.

I'm going to try and solo Crota raid tonight for the flawless raider trophy (no deaths), before they fix up some of the cheese stuff. Although some of the techniques in the videos below require no cheesing at all, the Titan especially does everything legit and is quite impressive.

Anyways thought I'd share the videos I used for reference below. The first two are full of cheese, the method to get above Deathsinger was new to me and pretty zany. I expect a lot of deaths as I practice some of this stuff but it is fun to do. You would have to be 32 and have at a minimum an ice breaker and either a gallahorn or crota RL I think.

warlock solo CE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-MTKeseTeE

solo'ing the first section with lamp jump:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXpe7ccFYo

Titan solo's the whole raid with no cheesing at all (although Saint 14 is so OP for first part):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HljucG4Bo5c

jadedm17

Questions:

1. How do you deal with the bubble shields? I see guys putting them up over control points and they take forever to disappear.

2. What stats count in multiplayer? Just upgrades and abilities? I had a match where I could have sworn the other team were one shotting us with any weapon. Do whites and purples do the same damage? It wasn't iron banner.

1. Warlock nova bomb, hunter gunslinger and Titan smash all destroy it.
2. Range and impact on weapons is all I'm aware of, level and such not so much.

M3Rocket

Anyone doing GK Normal glimmer farming? Or have the Normal CP they could pass along?

I have the Norm GK CP if you want to glimmer farm or to grab it. I'm down for a few minutes of farming. Will be on in 10 minutes or so. PSN same as user name. Anyone else down for a glimmer run in 15 minutes or so?

Glimmeratzi:
1. Me
2. grimlock33

void666

Banned
I got it, and I'm never letting it go again.

Ironically, it's the only piece of gear you can put on an endgame Hunter that'll make him look original.

Exactly. I love my cloak collection but i want a no cloak too.
And as a bonus i have another chance at atheon, crota and nightfall.

Mindlog

I just want Obsidian Mind.
I'm going to try and solo Crota raid tonight for the flawless raider trophy (no deaths), before they fix up some of the cheese stuff. Although some of the techniques in the videos below require no cheesing at all, the Titan especially does everything legit and is quite impressive.

Anyways thought I'd share the videos I used for reference below. The first two are full of cheese, the method to get above Deathsinger was new to me and pretty zany. I expect a lot of deaths as I practice some of this stuff but it is fun to do. You would have to be 32 and have at a minimum an ice breaker and either a gallahorn or crota RL I think.

warlock solo CE:

Titan solo's the whole raid with no cheesing at all (although Saint 14 is so OP for first part):
Don't Touch Me might be even more OP than Saint 14 for the first section.

ill play if you guys will have me. psn glottis8

While it's very easy for an experienced team to carry a Lv27 against Crota (and that team could easily do it), you would literally have to kill yourself at the start of the fight. You would be 5 levels below the enemies which means you do 0 damage and die in one hit. It wouldn't be a very good first raid experience. Instead, look for a normal Vault of Glass team that can help, and try to hit Lv28 if you can (max level of enemies by the end of normal VoG).

k1t4j

Level 32 Titan.

I have a Crota CP and need to kill him as well 30 Titan

brau

While it's very easy for an experienced team to carry a Lv27 against Crota (and that team could easily do it), you would literally have to kill yourself at the start of the fight. You would be 5 levels below the enemies which means you do 0 damage and die in one hit. It wouldn't be a very good first raid experience. Instead, look for a normal Vault of Glass team that can help, and try to hit Lv28 if you can (max level of enemies by the end of normal VoG).

sounds reasonable. anyone doing the vault of glass?

DNAbro

warlock solo CE:

i had no idea about that first part cheat. thanks, was able to solo it.

Xion385

Pretty sure the nightfall and weekly are 30 now so it's no surprise people are asking for 30+ only. You can still level up to 30 with armor drops from VoG but that's obviously random. Iron Banner returns next Tuesday so that's another way to obtain the appropriate gear. If you plan to continue playing I'd say the DLC is essential. It allows you to simply buy what you need to reach 30 from the vendors (provided you have enough rank, marks and commendations). Don't know if any of this makes sense...sure someone can expand on anything i left out.

If you are enjoying it enough that you think you will be playing it at least on and off going forward then I would consider the DLC "required." It's more accurate to think of it as Bungie's substitute for a MMO subscription fee, the amount of content it provides falls well short of what most people would consider an "expansion." But in order to play all the content (including access to every Weekly and Nightfall strike) you will need the DLC.

Don't use LFG, it's a total crap shoot and often ends in bad experiences with bad players. Anyone demanding a lot of requirements (Lv30+ for NF, etc.) is bad at the game, not the attitude of people you want on your fire team. Use this OT instead. Read some of the OP guides about leveling up at different light levels, it's pretty easy now that the Tower vendors sell gear which can get you to Lv31 even.

Vendor version of SH is fantastic with really long range on ADS (shot perk). Found Verdict is also fantastic, much higher impact and still great range but no shot perk. Don't know about Judgement (depends on perks), but you can't go wrong with SH and FV.

Level 30 requires 120 Light. Before the DLC, Legendary armor started at 18 Light and maxed at 30. Now it starts at 24 and maxes at 33. Likewise, old Exotic gear began at 24 and maxed at 30; now it's 30/36.

Even without the DLC you can buy this kind of gear with the vendors using your marks (Vanguard/Crucible). You can visit Xûr and either buy new Exotic gear with the new Light values or upgrade an old Exotic.

This means hitting level 30 is easier than ever. A maxed Exotic (+36) a new vendor Legendary (+33), an old Legendary like your current one (+27) and a vanilla vendor Legendary (+24) = level 30 :)
Thanks for the tips guys! I bought the DLC to beat the Daily Story. Any weapons I should keep my eye out for in this new DLC?

brau

Still looking for a team to take on the VoG. PS4

1 me

For Vault of Glass Raid.

Just gonna do what everyone else is doing, see if we can get a team up.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I forgot to remove my inventory items and put them in the vault before I deleted my Warlock. I lost 13 strange coins, 4 radiant energy and some motes of light.

Not a huge damage but what a rookie mistake. *sigh* Thank fucking god I mainly play with my Hunter and Titan. Now to get this Warlock to 20 asap before reset so I can have a crack at that chest and NF.

gearing up for a fresh crota raid on ps4.

1. akademik209
2 .DarkRaegal
3. jayforone

we just need 3 more, anyone else want to join up?

k1t4j

Getting a group together for Crota only

1. Kitaj84 (30 Titan)

Add yourself to the list and quote.I can send invites when we have 6

Thanks!!

mcfizzle4

4am and waiting for people to raid leads to this:
20150110132110_zpsqkyqin9s.jpg
20150110132213_zpsuoqhjfdc.jpg
20150110132155_zpskatbp576.jpg
20150110132139_zpsd9bob7me.jpg
20150110132049_zpsbfoii5k2.jpg
20150110132032_zps7loomlzy.jpg
20150110132016_zpsx43hm0pw.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys! I bought the DLC to beat the Daily Story. Any weapons I should keep my eye out for in this new DLC?

All of the new DLC exotics are terrible, but there are some really good legendary weapons sold at the vendors. Crucible vendor has a great scout rifle called Saterienne Rapier (sp?), the Against All Odds machine gun is also very good. The Vanguard vendor sells a great sniper called LDR-5000 (close to that), the shotgun Secret Handshake is great for Crucible.

A lot of the scout rifles are very good, the auto rifles are generally not great. Hard to say with weapons you get as drops because they have random perks and can vary a lot in quality based on these.

Wow, that crota kill was Fast :D

Anything longer than 4 minutes is basically a travesty at this point, ha.

Top Bottom