• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

I realized why I only got 1 exotic from Gorgon checkpoint: I always do VOG in a group so the chances are lowered significantly.

EL CUCO

So today I played a certain "competitive" FPS that hasn't been released yet, and while having the same frame-rate as Destiny, I was shocked at how sloppy the controls felt. The input lag stood out like a sore thumb.

I have always thought Destiny feels solid to play but I have a whole new appreciation to the work Bungie has put in to tuning the controls. I know it's no 60fps/11ms but for a 30Hz console shooter to feel as responsive/consistent as it does is a delight.

Lima

OMFG! We got to Crota twice flawless and then somebody dies when he's just one sword away from death. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

How do you even die during the Crota fight anymore? I can understand if someone dies at Deathsinger. I would be so pissed. I did flawless twice today. Once with three guys and once with four. Easy and even if you mess up it only takes 10 minutes to get back there. I say definitely try to finish it in CE before Tuesday.

E92 M3

Why does that matter?

Makes sense that the chance of the exotic in that sessions is divide by 6. I noticed only one person from the group gets one.

So today I played a certain "competitive" FPS that hasn't been released yet, and while having the same frame-rate as Destiny, I was shocked at how sloppy the controls felt. The input lag stood out like a sore thumb.

I have always thought Destiny feels solid to play but I have a whole new appreciation to the work Bungie has put in to tuning the controls. I know it's no 60fps/11ms but for a 30Hz console shooter to feel as responsive/consistent as it does is a delight.

That's why this and Horizon 2 are the only games I'm playing right now. Bungie NAILED the shooting and the controls. If they didn't, Destiny would have flopped hard.

Level 32 hunter. Love to kill Crota. Did it in two swords today. :)

Cool, we can cheese for speed if you guys like seeing as its the last time we actually can cheese lol although I dont mind the normal way either.

Crota Kill Team;

01: MandrakeUK
02: hydruxxo
03: JayDee191
04: NoThru22
05: ocean
06: Arrrammis

PSN: MandrakeUK

Edit: Full

E92 M3

Um no this is not how it works and it actually doesn't make any sense.

Makes sense based on my observations. I've witnessed only one person in a group get an exotic from that chest if any. How does it work otherwise?

Secondly, how does not make sense?

ocean

Banned
Cool, we can cheese for speed if you guys like seeing as its the last time we actually can cheese lol although I dont mind the normal way either.

Crota Kill Team;

Don't leave meeeee

Destiny is easily the most responsive shooter I've ever played. Its mechanics may not be perfect, but the handling is unmatched (bugs nonwithstanding).

hydruxo

Crota Kill Team;

05: ocean
06: Arrrammis

Edit: Full

Awesome. I'm ready whenever you guys are.

Lima

Makes sense based on my observations. I've witnessed only one person in a group get an exotic from that chest if any. How does it work otherwise?

Secondly, how does not make sense?

I can't even try to understand this. I played VoG with the same group, same exact people every week it's been out and people have been dropping exotics left and right. It's random (I believe I got the Suros three times while one of my buddies also got the Suros during the same runs) so yeah this doesn't make any sense. That would mean you could manipulate the other loot drops too to get more people Fatebringer and Vex. RNGesus is either kind to you or not.

I know people that haven't gotten a single exotic from that chest ever too. Me personally I never got an exotic to drop from Atheon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How does it work otherwise?
It's a random roll for each person, each time, regardless of the number that there are

The chances of any one person receiving an exotic in a group of 6 are obviously higher than the chances of all six receiving an exotic, but this has no impact on the individual.

That's why this and Horizon 2 are the only games I'm playing right now. Bungie NAILED the shooting and the controls. If they didn't, Destiny would have flopped hard.

Destiny is easily the most responsive shooter I've ever played. Its mechanics may not be perfect, but the handling is unmatched (bugs nonwithstanding).

I didn't notice the gunplay at all when I started playing because it took me so long to train my brain to use the standard camera controls ( invert X axis not available ) and I was struggling to do anything. Now that I am solid on the controls, going to any other shooter it is night-and-day different. The gunplay is outstanding in Destiny.

E92 M3

I can't even try to understand this. I played VoG with the same group, same exact people every week it's been out and people have been dropping exotics left and right. It's random (I believe I got the Suros three times while one of my buddies also got the Suros during the same runs) so yeah this doesn't make any sense. That would mean you could manipulate the other loot drops too to get more people Fatebringer and Vex. RNGesus is either kind to you or not.

I know people that haven't gotten a single exotic from that chest ever too. Me personally I never got an exotic to drop from Atheon.

Well, I am strictly talking about the chest in Gorgons. Obviously our experiences vary dramatically.

It's a random roll for each person, each time, regardless of the number that there are

The chances of any one person receiving an exotic in a group of 6 are obviously higher than the chances of all six receiving an exotic, but this has no impact on the individual.

I solod (or with someone who got it) the chests in Crota and have gotten 3 exotics already. Maybe it's all placebo, but I'm just going by what I see.

Yep, unofficial statistics from the guy who did a mass gorgon cp giveaway on the Bungie.net board shows the chest has a ~5% chance to roll an exotic.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone still need Nightfall, my Hunter still needs it?
Quote me, hopefully 2 souls willing to help/need it

Lima

Well, I am strictly talking about the chest in Gorgons. Obviously our experiences vary dramatically.

I solod (or with someone who got it) the chests in Crota and have gotten 3 exotics already. Maybe it's all placebo, but I'm just going by what I see.

Lol

E92 M3

I guess ultimately, RNG is RNG, but some of us have crazy wives tales lol. There are nuances to the system that are still unexplained, but I can't wait to learn more.

I guess ultimately, RNG is RNG, but some of us have crazy wives tales lol. There are nuances to the system that are still unexplained, but I can't wait to learn more.

My own experience is similar. I have 1 exotic from Gorgon in numerous attempts. 2 exotics soloing Crota chest in just a few attempts. Still RNG I believe for each individual roll.

Haven't had much luck in this thread lately, but looking for three more to fill out a Vault of Glass hard raid if anyone is interested.

Add me and I can send you an invite.

psn: theepicoftyler

nowai

Agreed. Destiny does a lot wrong, but the minute to minute shooting stuff in the face is so solid. It's also a locked 30FPS, so while there is motion blur inherit to 30FPS, there is no frame loss.

Destiny shooting being so good made going to Wolfenstein so jarring.

jadedm17

Agreed. Destiny does a lot wrong, but the minute to minute shooting stuff in the face is so solid. It's also a locked 30FPS, so while there is motion blur inherit to 30FPS, there is no frame loss.

Destiny shooting being so good made going to Wolfenstein so jarring.
Don't say that, that's still on my list to play.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm good to go whenever. I think we were waiting for you to organize it again. Just need to know times and where we'll be attempting it at.

Not sure if it's my call, but I would gladly have you run with us if we need to fill the spot. I just don't know if all the same people are coming together again or not.
Did this happen? Because I can log on at this very second.

Top Bottom