• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Got flawless in a lfg pug, only took 2 tries since everyone was 32 and had gallahorn or IBs. Definitely worth doing now while its fairly easy for a hunter to solo the first part and for the group to skip the mechanics of the bridge, although neither really seem like they will make it that much more difficult to get the achievement if fixed. I worry more about weird new bugs with the patch that will not let you get flawless and take a while to fix.

Arrrammis

Anyone want to join shem0275 and I in a game of strike roulette? Rules: when you pick up a weapon or armor, you must use it. Most combined kills and assists gets to reequip one piece. Roc strike until our level is too low ;)

The drop down to Crota's End is Flawless Templar Check 2.0.
Got flawless in a lfg pug, only took 2 tries since everyone was 32 and had gallahorn or IBs. Definitely worth doing now while its fairly easy for a hunter to solo the first part and for the group to skip the mechanics of the bridge, although neither really seem like they will make it that much more difficult to get the achievement if fixed. I worry more about weird new bugs with the patch that will not let you get flawless and take a while to fix.
Congrats! Glad you made it into one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone want to join shem0275 and I in a game of strike roulette? Rules: when you pick up a weapon or armor, you must use it. Most combined kills and assists gets to reequip one piece. Roc strike until our level is too low ;)
holy crap XD at first I didn't think it sounded that nuts until I realized every armor type you replace will lower your level by 3 or something

You have too much time on your hands. Lol

are they moving around while in the air? just jump off and don't touch the controls.

I thought so as well so I didn't touch it the second time, which sent me flying off the cliff without hitting the ground.

It's been pretty hilarious though despite it getting a little late.

Mindlog

LFG has flawless pugs? Neat.
I'll be giving it a few more goes tomorrow eventually.

So many motes. Might reroll the IB Scout Rifle into something useful. Great impact range and clip need to compensate for lackluster RoF.

I think tomorrow my goal is flawless CE. I looked at my trophies for the first time and realized how close I am to guardian lord. I'd just have to grab ghosts and do salvage. I've never got a platinum before, since I'm not much of a completionist. I guess Destiny would be the exception.

Arrrammis

holy crap XD at first I didn't think it sounded that nuts until I realized every armor type you replace will lower your level by 3 or something

Yeah, lots of fun. Added a new rule that once we hit 24, armor resets at the end of the strike. It was so fun doing lvl. 26 phogoth as lvl. 24, especially with the lvl. 18 Cydonia ar-3.

phen0m24

I think tomorrow my goal is flawless CE. I looked at my trophies for the first time and realized how close I am to guardian lord. I'd just have to grab ghosts and do salvage. I've never got a platinum before, since I'm not much of a completionist. I guess Destiny would be the exception.

Crazy but do able. Especially with 32s running sword.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my personal farewell to the early days of crota's end:
B7CzNsDCYAA1qOU.jpg:large

B7C4VUQCUAAoc3S.jpg:large
hadn't actually soloed it on my warlock yet... pretty silly stuff! he didn't have any raid gear yet, either.

if anyone needs a swordbearer for a crota kill tonight I'm available, though for the moment I can only offer the deathsinger cp.

Crazy but do able. Especially with 32s running sword.

I'm not sure I would have done it on VoG, just too long and too much pressure for stuff like the jump puzzle. Plus the glitches. But CE seems manageable, only really worrying about deathsinger, but I'm sure a full team of 32s can make quick work of it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can anyone help me with the 28 weekly?

Also, is Insurmountable Skullfort worth anything for a defender titan?
nah, really not. it gives you a striker melee (primarily PvP-only) perk and supporting ones. Potentially a Force Barrier build could benefit from spawning with melee but No Backup Plans or really even armamentarium or alpha lupi would probably be way better for that.

Rehsa

nah, really not. it gives you a striker melee (primarily PvP-only) perk and supporting ones. Potentially a Force Barrier build could benefit from spawning with melee but No Backup Plans or really even armamentarium or alpha lupi would probably be way better for that.
Hawk want to Sword for us?
Edit: they grabbed one

Can anyone help me with the 28 weekly?

Also, is Insurmountable Skullfort worth anything for a defender titan?
It looks cool :3 what level are you? Currently about to help my scrubbie college friends do the weekly. You're more than welcome to join us, I can back out since I already done it. Just doing dps...
Edit: helm of saint-14 is a great exotic helmet for the bubble.
Edit2: I lied we don't have to do it. But I can run it with you later tonight or tomorrow if you still need to run it.

Top Bottom