• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I've really grown to hate CE. WTF happened Bungie. VoG is on the short list of my favorite pieces of gaming content ever, and then we got... this:

"Flawless" solo CE in 19 minutes (intentionally dies once because it's faster for the speed run)

http://youtu.be/EtmuxQAtx3I

Really? I thought everybody dies in the first phase if not invisible :D and doing the bridge legit seems really hard too.

haha I know you are being sarcastic but in case people haven't done these phases legit: first phase just move really quickly, together as a team, as soon as weight is down to ~1x go to the next lamp, use invis and/or titan bubbles, easy. Bridge phase is a joke as long as everyone is at least Lv31, a Lv32 can just 3x R2 smash the GKeeper, super easy. Once three people are across, abandon the totems/bridge on the near side and let the far side keep it up because only thralls and acolytes spawn then (very easy). Once everyone is across, stay elevated and wait for Ogres, tear them down.

Gordon

So I ran my wife through her first hard VoG today. I got another scooter and ass mats. She managed to get a scooter, ass mats, a helmet, and a Mythoclast out of Atheon. She's gone from stalled at 26 to 29 on her way to 31 with two exotic armour pieces and a Mythoclast to level up, and she's actually got a decent little build happening with Starfire Protocol, Mythoclast, and Murmur. She likes double grenades but she misses her floating in mid-air perk, so she's thrilled that she can have both once she gets this thing levelled.

So yeah, my vex-less ass is a little salty, but I'm glad she's got a kickass set of gear. That blue suit she was stuck in was getting depressing lol

joecanada

Fatebringer is just ridiculous on the Omnigul strike. 178 & 199 kills on the last 2 runs in ROC Strikes. More than double 2nd and 3rd each time.

Seems odd as its only a 300 weapon, I guess the arc helps a lot. But i still prefer my 331 tfwpky most of the time.

Bought TLW this week but that whole hammer slap animation fills alot of the screen and is kinda jarring to me, makes me kinda dizzy, maybe you get used to it?

Hyun Sai

Seems odd as its only a 300 weapon, I guess the arc helps a lot. But i still prefer my 331 tfwpky most of the time.

Bought TLW this week but that whole hammer slap animation fills alot of the screen and is kinda jarring to me, makes me kinda dizzy, maybe you get used to it?

Any weapon making enemies exploding will set kills record on that strike. Fatebringer + Ice breaker is a godly combo when there are so much mobs in tiny spaces. And this weapon has so much impact it does more damage than others 331 hand cannons...

The Last Word seems like a very powerful PVP weapon, but is very weak PVE wise.

Any weapon making enemies exploding will set kills record on that strike. Fatebringer + Ice breaker is a godly combo when there are so much mobs in tiny spaces. And this weapon has so much impact it does more damage than others 331 hand cannons...

The Last Word seems like a very powerful PVP weapon, but is very weak PVE wise.
TLW is an amazing Pvp weapon. It's not that great for pve. I only recommend getting it if you play Pvp and collecting all the exotics as well.

I've really grown to hate CE. WTF happened Bungie. VoG is on the short list of my favorite pieces of gaming content ever, and then we got... this:

"Flawless" solo CE in 19 minutes (intentionally dies once because it's faster for the speed run)

http://youtu.be/EtmuxQAtx3I

Impressive stuff. 19 minutes is damn fast for solo, and there was still tons of room for improvement. I would love to know what Bungie is saying about all this stuff internally.

Hyun Sai

Impressive stuff. 19 minutes is damn fast for solo, and there was still tons of room for improvement. I would love to know what Bungie is saying about all this stuff internally.

- "Well, perhaps we whould hire people to play our new raid before launching it ?"

- "Nah, they will pay for beta-testing it, and we'll fix that after a month or more."

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Anyone need one for the crota raid today? level 31 titan. Only once tried so not much of a reinforcement but I think I can manage. No cheese is fine, want to learn. Gtag captdjob. Time would be 1600 gmt and on.

Anybody want to Skirmish? Still have that bounty from the other day. (edit: just realized Crucible marks are maxed on this character, kinda shocked, still down to PvP or whatever if people are around).

Pff, it's great for VoG too! Pewpewpew! :D

Next time I see someone shooting Atheon with TLW, I'm booting them from the fire team (not really).

haha yeah me too. It would fucking piss me off to see that stuff if I were them. I really hope they take it personally and jack up the complexity and challenge of the next raid. BUNGIE PLS.

haha yeah me too. It would fucking piss me off to see that stuff if I were them. I really hope they take it personally and jack up the complexity and challenge of the next raid. BUNGIE PLS.

I am expecting the new strike in HoW to be their best attempt at making it uncheesable and give us an absurd burn for the first Nightfall, it is going to be nuts. (Destiny 2 is going to be crazy after they master room design from all the mistakes in Destiny 1)

I hope they learn their lesson. Listen to the fans and properly interpret their analytics. I know it's very difficult to test for all the cheese millions of players will find, but I do expect them to not make silly decisions like have a section of the raid that doesn't drop loot. They need to do a better job of anticipating player behavior based on the system designs. Kind of like the removal of shards from Queens Wrath loot dismantling. How do they not see this coming?

They need to do a better job of anticipating player behavior based on the system designs. Kind of like the removal of shards from Queens Wrath loot dismantling. How do they not see this coming?

Yeah, that's the part that worries me. They can't be expected to predict things like the lamp jumping because that's kinda kooky, but people using the Hobgoblin platforms against Templar? They're right there!!! Of course we are going to jump on them. Even Atheon teleporting the furthest people away is very easy to realize. It doesn't seem like it was caught in play testing but didn't have time to patch, they sounded genuinely surprised by this stuff.

TP-DK

Anybody want to Skirmish? Still have that bounty from the other day. (edit: just realized Crucible marks are maxed on this character, kinda shocked, still down to PvP or whatever if people are around.

Yeah Im up for it. I also need to do that Skirmish bounty.

Maybe the reason why HM is not release, is due to the development of an additional section? wishful thinking :p

They said there would be hard mode surprises, but something along the lines of "detain shields vs. Atheon" is more likely obviously. Literally the only reason to hope for something more is because of how absurdly short CE is now.

They said there would be hard mode surprises, but something along the lines of "detain shields vs. Atheon" is more likely obviously. Literally the only reason to hope for something more is because of how absurdly short CE is now.

Im still holding out hope because Urk said Crota would have more forms. Although it could just be him talking about the stupid crystal :(

Yeah I should do the same. Ill just finish the daily then Ill join you.

I gotta switch characters then I'm ready to go, will join back on you. Still need a 3rd for skirmish if anyone wants to join.

Im still holding out hope because Urk said Crota would have more forms. Although it could just be him talking about the stupid crystal :(

Good point. Sadly I had buried that deep in my brain to avoid getting my hopes up again. The crystal/floating head stuff seems more likely right now but who knows.

Langy

So i just logged on with the intention of doing the weekly, but it says requirements not yet met.

On checking, all my DLC stuff (missions strikes raid etc) are all now locked.

Anyone had this happen, or know how to fix it?

On PS4...

TP-DK

So i just logged on with the intention of doing the weekly, but it says requirements not yet met.

On checking, all my DLC stuff (missions strikes raid etc) are all now locked.

Anyone had this happen, or know how to fix it?

On PS4...

Yeah happened to me a few times, just close the game and start up again.

Rixa

Iam seeing more Exotic drops at Roc strikes than from NF. This is from last night...
Roc2exo.PNG

i highly doubt there will actually be more to the raid than we've already seen. Like you said it will be something along the lines of detain shields during atheon.

I was hoping for some cool shape shifting during the final Crota battle. Again, seems like another opportunity missed by Bungie

Top Bottom