• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

haha yeah sorry, my Crucible enrage timer has been exceeded for now, I'll be around today though and can hop on if we have a team going later.

Also, talked with Steroyd and we are down to do the normal 3x3x3x0 reset raids and just skip DSinger phase until they patch it. Seems worth the chance for double exotic rolls if everyone else is okay with that. Of course we could also just not open the first chest but I really don't think the chest pre-patch will be tied to DS loot post-patch.

Its all good, no worries. I understand the Crucible enrage timer especially with lag and blueberries haha. Thats fine with me.

i'm aware of all that. the quote i answered to read "Bungie: Prologue form is one of his forms" (sic!) which confirms that we saw two forms, not one form.
...unless Stallion's talking about the other quote and meant to say "Bungie: there's multiple forms" but simply got the phrasing wrong - then we're back to only possibly have seen more than one form, but still can't call Bungie outright liars or expect new content for HM CE.

yes, the wording used by bungie seemed to indicated that there was more to the boss fight in CE than there actually is - and if the crystal & oversoul are also considered forms of C that's still less content than what I feel like was promised, but also: that hardly comes as a surprise anymore and is also the reason why I personally do not believe in a new phase coming for HM CE.

Has there been more than one Bungie quote about the multiple forms? Afaik there is only one quote which was in reference to the CG teaser form i.e. the only form of Crota himself seen in game (not crystal or floating ghost head, not sure how Oversoul could be called a Crota form unless it's explained in Grimoires or something). Unless there is another quote I missed (entirely possible), the "prologue" was referring to the teaser and not the quest/story missions like your post stated, that I originally responded to... which is why I was trying to help clarify.... but now we still seem to be misunderstanding each other somehow.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I never called Bungie liars, but I don't think anyone believes in/expects significant content additions to HM. At most it's a very faint wish/hope given the paucity of content now.

Guess who stuck it to Crota with the sword yedterday? First try too.

Hell yeah, GG Greeny! I saw your post after his end had been stuck, always exciting when someone gets their first kill. Hopefully everyone around here gets the chance before HM drops.

What is the Deathsinger cheese?

You can have one person jump up into the room above DSinger, kill the witches, then (I think) the rest of the team just has to kill the shriekers and retreat back downstairs so the guy up top can kill Ir Yut from above. I've never done it, that phase is so easy anyway, but someone posted about it last night. I'll try to track it down.

Deku: Silver posted about it last night, I've never seen it done so don't know exactly how to get up to that room but here it is:

Yeah we took a break tho. Rest the head. Try again later tonight or just tomorrow.

Did you guys know there's a path you can take to get to a room on top of the Deathsinger? You can kill both wizard and the Deathsinger from there.

What we are doing is:

We all stay in the 1st room.
One guy goes and do this path until hes on top of the deathsinger. If he doesnt aggro the Knights the Deathsinger does not start her song.
He kills both wizards.
Then we all go in and she starts her song.
We kill the shriekers and retreat to crota's spot.
Guy on the top room kills the deathsinger.

Works everytime.

Deku Tree

Hell yeah, GG Greeny! I saw your post after his end had been stuck, always exciting when someone gets their first kill. Hopefully everyone around here gets the chance before HM drops.

You can have one person jump up into the room above DSinger, kill the witches, then (I think) the rest of the team just has to kill the shriekers and retreat back downstairs so the guy up top can kill Ir Yut from above. I've never done it, that phase is so easy anyway, but someone posted about it last night. I'll try to track it down.

Thanks! Oh yeah I believe silver.tounge posted that... Promised to post a video sometime but I haven't seen it yet. I remeber the old videos about being able to jump above that room but I've never done it.

Edit:

Deku: Silver posted about it last night, I've never seen it done so don't know exactly how to get up to that room but here it is:

Yes thanks again.

Bogeypop

Did my Daily Mission, and got a Legendary Primary Weapon Engram. Turned into this.
Was hoping for Hawkmoon.
Time to see what the fuss is all about.

K2O3K4d.jpg

Langy

So i'm at Valus Ta'aurc on the weekly and struggling by myself, anyone willing to come help me kill him please?Add Langoit on PS4

raindoc

Has there been more than one Bungie quote about the multiple forms? Afaik there is only one quote which was in reference to the CG teaser form i.e. the only form of Crota himself seen in game (not crystal or floating ghost head, not sure how Oversoul could be called a Crota form unless it's explained in Grimoires or something). Unless there is another quote I missed (entirely possible), the "prologue" was referring to the teaser and not the quest/story missions like your post stated, that I originally responded to... which is why I was trying to help clarify.... but now we still seem to be misunderstanding each other somehow.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I never called Bungie liars, but I don't think anyone believes in/expects significant content additions to HM. At most it's a very faint wish/hope given the paucity of content now.

that's what I thought Stallion was saying. we can stop now.

Fake EDIT: I'm expecting no more changes than stuff like adding weight of darkness to the Crota fight... and vestige-spawning wizards.

Did my Daily Mission, and got a Legendary Primary Weapon Engram. Turned into this.
Was hoping for Hawkmoon.
I snagged this from the Holiday package. I have yet to unlock the Firefly package on it, but I ran the Nightfall with it on my alt and I must say it really is an awesome scout rifle. It hits hard, is very stable, and reloads at a perfect clip (see what I did there?!).

So i'm at Valus Ta'aurc on the weekly and struggling by myself, anyone willing to come help me kill him please?Add Langoit on PS4
Thanks! Been trying to do the bounty for Toland's all week and then that was the least amount of work possible. I'll be happy to repay the favour if you ever need anyone.

Anyone killing Crota for CE? I need to kill him 2 times. Level 32 Hunter- - little experience with the sword.
Cloak, get up there, hit crota with 3x R2 ( you can manage 4x R2 if youre up there as soon as he is downed). Jump back on the rock and wait to attack him again, then turn around and hit R1 multiple times to escape. The timing on the approach and get away will be the biggest issue, but that comes with experiences. Its pretty fun getting your first Crota kill :)

phen0m24

Cloak, get up there, hit crota with 3x R2 ( you can manage 4x R2 if youre up there as soon as he is downed), turn around and hit R1 to escape. The timing on the approach and get away will be the biggest issue. But its pretty fun getting your first Crota kill :)
I want to try it now with my Titan. Finally hit 32. No Drizzy mind you, but want to learn.

Who am I kidding? I have Gjallahorn. I'll be the guy in the back shooting rockets. Sigh.

Namikaze1

Why can't I restart AND change difficulty in one go?! I hate having to restart and head back to orbit to pick one of the Heroic difficulties for a bounty.

PVP needs a flipping ping filter. Constantly seeing people survive BS or get kills long after death, I look at the scoreboard and they are red while everyone is green, and they usually on top on the enemy team.

Why the hell would someone design a system where a lagger gets an advantage?

I want to try it now with my Titan. Finally hit 32. No Drizzy mind you, but want to learn.

Who am I kidding? I have Gjallahorn. I'll be the guy in the back shooting rockets. Sigh.
Do it! Use the sword of Crota! Its pretty fun and can get your adrenaline pumping for your first kill :) I have the checkpoint on my warlock if you guys want it.

moris

Anyone killing Crota for CE? I need to kill him 2 times. Level 32 Hunter- - little experience with the sword.

My friend needs to do it later if you want to join us then. We'll post again when we start or i can send you an invite. I have the Crota checkpoint on my hunter.

ocean

Banned
All the other 331 handcannons with the same impact do 15% more damage. FB doesn't cut it anymore except for NF with burn.
Firefly deals really solid damage to nearby enemies and Outlaw cuts down your reload time significantly so I don't think it's fair to dismiss it that easily. Other than the Saterienne Rapier or a lucky drop, buying a weapon that's effective as Fatebringer isn't as simple as saying "331 vs 300, time to move!".

Was hoping for Hawkmoon.
I've got the same version of that gun maxed, and definitely enjoy it. Actually also had a crypt dweller with those perks, but prefer the higher impact Badger.

Edit: just noticed mine has slightly different perks (fast reload), but firefly being the noticeable match.

Trakan

Firefly deals really solid damage to nearby enemies and Outlaw cuts down your reload time significantly so I don't think it's fair to dismiss it that easily. Other than the Saterienne Rapier or a lucky drop, buying a weapon that's effective as Fatebringer isn't as simple as saying "331 vs 300, time to move!".

I prefer raw damage. I'd rather one shot an enemy than have to shoot them twice to get the firefly damage. It's really only good against packs of thrall IMO.

lunlunqq

I know, right? The GHorn prevents us from taking on any more exciting roles in a team... Always just aim, pull the trigger, and wait for the win. :(

Just woke up. Gonna make a video and upload it real quick.

Like u said, the whole thing is already very easy. This cheese just eliminates the risk when trying to kill ir yut. Not really necessáry for flawless tho.

Steroyd

Fuck fuck FUCK!

Finally got 150 crucible marks to buy a weapon and... The shotgun I want is vanguard I have 24 crucible commendations and no vanguard commendations, Bungie pls, some way to exchange this shit, I now have to grind vanguard rep.

Top Bottom