• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

If you're still looking in half an hour I'll join need to complete bounties, pop a telemetry then go all out in Crucible either way.

Has it been half an hour yet? I'm sure we won't be done with the skirmish bounty by then so go ahead and join up after another match or two. Having 1 random basically ruins the mode for me, no teamwork = no fun.

Steroyd

So do people think the upcoming patch will land before or after Tuesday reset?

I'll be shocked if it's before given how they patched in helmet drops on Crota 9 hours after the reset, I'm not holding my breath, but at least they communicated that they're going to patch stuff unlike the aforementioned, so we can plan in advance.

Disker

Does anybody have a Crota checkpoint and want's to cheese (disconnect glitch always worked for me) it with me? I made a new Warlock yesterday and he is level 32 now, i but want that helmet ;_;. I can run it without cheesing as well if people prefer that. If somebody has a checkpoint that will also be appreciated.

Glad they will patch it though, I only cheesed it twice, but the regular way is easy as well, hopefully hard will actually be a challenge.

Also, if anybody wants to do the nightfall I can join/start one.

Edit:

PSN: Disker

Steroyd

Has it been half an hour yet? I'm sure we won't be done with the skirmish bounty by then so go ahead and join up after another match or two. Having 1 random basically ruins the mode for me, no teamwork = no fun.

10-15 mins, last few bounties overlap, thank god!

Feorax

Is the best way to get guardian specific mats (sapphire wire etc) through ROC strikes and breaking down the resulting blues?

Huh? Prologue = Quest/Story missions, so we've seen his Knight-form and the Crystal-form.

The quote he is referencing was referring to the CG teaser trailer video that was released before TDB dropped. A Bungie employee posted saying that the Crota seen in the video was just one of Crota's forms.

TP-DK

Nah, we (our team) got raped because they worked together and we didn't. Nothing to do with weaponry.

Definitely has something to do with it too, but those two shots youre dead didnt help.

I still have to kill him with my warlock.
Edit: btw did the bad juju bounty change? One of my friends were telling me how he needed to use a pulse rifle for the crucible section.

Nah did it two days ago, and did not use a pulse rifle.

So ran some CE with my son hes has had bad luck no good drops since he started.Well last night he gets raid gloves in crotas end after lamp section then got raid chest piece after bridge section.We were so thrilled and tonight he just got 4th horseman I got crap but man feels good to see game time finally pay off.

How I wish since they're patching the ce cheese they'd add matchmaking for those who need it so we wouldn't need to solo/cheese.

Greenymac

The quote he is referencing was referring to the CG teaser trailer video that was released before TDB dropped. A Bungie employee posted saying that the Crota seen in the video was just one of Crota's forms.

Guess who stuck it to Crota with the sword yedterday? First try too.

FB with Firefly runs circles around most 331 weapons though.

I bought the vendor Chance (FWC) cause I wanted a 331 hand cannon. During the weekly heroic strike as a level 32 the 331 Chance was doing around 15% more precision damage on level 30 cabal than the fatebringer. I wanna compare them against level 32 Knights in CE playing as a level 31 and see how much difference there is. Both have the same impact and ROF.

Definitely has something to do with it too, but those two shots youre dead didnt help.

Of course exotic HCs are some of the best PvP guns, but the weaponry is not a difference between teams. I have HMoon and Thorn, anyone who's played the game for a while can have at least one of them with a little luck. What decides matches is teamwork and understanding how the mode works. We've just been giving the matches away.

Teamwork >>>> Weapons, especially in skirmish.

Deku Tree

A somewhat late congrats to all the new Flawless raiders!!! (I gotta sleep you know. )

Yeah glitches from the patch are the only possible snag. All the more reason for people to do it the next day or two. Only need one Lv32 per team for the sword, doesn't make any difference anywhere else since you can cheese every part but Crota.

What is the Deathsinger cheese?

Edit: nvm, exceeded my daily allowance of Crucible nonsense.

i know. and we've seen two, not only one.

Technically the crystal is his soul so we've still only seen one form of Crota himself, but that's pretty pedantic.

The context for the original discussion with Urk was Crota as the boss of CE, the implication was that there would be multiple phases/forms in the actual fight (in the typical video game sense of "multiple boss forms"). Of course multiple forms relevant to actual gameplay was never stated explicitly so it's our fault for getting excited (no, I don't consider shooting the floating crystal to be a significant gameplay form).

Deku Tree

The heart of praxic Fire that Xur is offering for upgrade has max 155 discipline. The one I got from NF has 132 discipline and it is already maxed. But I think I like the Starfire protocol better anyways. Should I re-upgrade my praxic with Xur to get an extra 23 discipline?

Lima

The heart of praxic Fire that Xur is offering for upgrade has max 155 discipline. The one I got from NF has 132 discipline and it is already maxed. But I think I like the Starfire protocol better anyways. Should I re-upgrade my praxic with Xur to get an extra 23 discipline?

But Xur already left.

Anybody want to be 3rd for Skirmish?

Technically the crystal is his soul so we've still only seen one form of Crota himself, but that's pretty pedantic.

The context for the original discussion with Urk was Crota as the boss of CE, the implication was that there would be multiple phases/forms in the actual fight (in the typical video game sense of "multiple boss forms"). Of course multiple forms relevant to actual gameplay was never stated explicitly so it's our fault for getting excited (no, I don't consider shooting the floating crystal to be a significant gameplay form).

I am down, let me run to the tower and switch to my titan. If you get a 3rd, go on without me :)

Jinjo

If you've fully upgraded your current praxic fire I would say it's not worth. That'd be an expensive extra 5-10% cooldown decrease. You'll barely notice that.

Does anybody have a Crota checkpoint and want's to cheese (disconnect glitch always worked for me) it with me? I made a new Warlock yesterday and he is level 32 now, i but want that helmet ;_;. I can run it without cheesing as well if people prefer that. If somebody has a checkpoint that will also be appreciated.

Glad they will patch it though, I only cheesed it twice, but the regular way is easy as well, hopefully hard will actually be a challenge.

Also, if anybody wants to do the nightfall I can join/start one.

Edit:

PSN: Disker

I'm down but I can seen to find you on psn but my psn death4romabove22 I would love to run ce

I am down, let me run to the tower and switch to my titan. If you get a 3rd, go on without me :)

haha yeah sorry, my Crucible enrage timer has been exceeded for now, I'll be around today though and can hop on if we have a team going later.

Also, talked with Steroyd and we are down to do the normal 3x3x3x0 reset raids and just skip DSinger phase until they patch it. Seems worth the chance for double exotic rolls if everyone else is okay with that. Of course we could also just not open the first chest but I really don't think the chest pre-patch will be tied to DS loot post-patch.

Rixa

Speaking of HotPF and chest armors overall. How high stat can be?
Mine has 164 Disc.
HotPFDisc164.PNG

raindoc

Anybody want to be 3rd for Skirmish?

i'm aware of all that. the quote i answered to read "Bungie: Prologue form is one of his forms" (sic!) which confirms that we saw two forms, not one form.
...unless Stallion's talking about the other quote and meant to say "Bungie: there's multiple forms" but simply got the phrasing wrong - then we're back to only possibly have seen more than one form, but still can't call Bungie outright liars or expect new content for HM CE.

yes, the wording used by bungie seemed to indicated that there was more to the boss fight in CE than there actually is - and if the crystal & oversoul are also considered forms of C that's still less content than what I feel like was promised, but also: that hardly comes as a surprise anymore and is also the reason why I personally do not believe in a new phase coming for HM CE.

Speaking of HotPF and chest armors overall. How high stat can be?
Mine has 164 Disc.

Wow.

Top Bottom