• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Lima

I prefer raw damage. I'd rather one shot an enemy than have to shoot them twice to get the firefly damage. It's really only good against packs of thrall IMO.

Tell me about these enemies then. Everything that a 331 hand cannon one shots a 300 hand cannon does too. You are not gonna one shot a red knight with a 331 hand cannon so why even bother? Fatebringer is still the best primary in the game. Anyone saying it's not is a fool or mad that he still doesn't have it.

Cloak, get up there, hit crota with 3x R2 ( you can manage 4x R2 if youre up there as soon as he is downed). Jump back on the rock and wait to attack him again, then turn around and hit R1 multiple times to escape. The timing on the approach and get away will be the biggest issue, but that comes with experiences. Its pretty fun getting your first Crota kill :)

I tried before but my group never got communication right with it so it was hard for me to know when I needed to jump and get to Crota. I want to become better with the sword before HM CE is a thing.

My friend needs to do it later if you want to join us then. We'll post again when we start or i can send you an invite. I have the Crota checkpoint on my hunter.

Sure I'm down. Just keep me updated when you guys plan to do it. I should be on most of the day unless for when I'm at the gym.

Fuck fuck FUCK!

Finally got 150 crucible marks to buy a weapon and... The shotgun I want is vanguard I have 24 crucible commendations and no vanguard commendations, Bungie pls, some way to exchange this shit, I now have to grind vanguard rep.

Secret Handshake?

Schwabe

finally! =)

B7E6VcjIUAAkAKl.jpg

<3 Destiny

What's the best way to take a picture of your character? Like which cutscene, or emote, or situation should I put my character in if I want to capture how fucking awesome he looks.

I tried before but my group never got communication right with it so it was hard for me to know when I needed to jump and get to Crota. I want to become better with the sword before HM CE is a thing.

Sure I'm down. Just keep me updated when you guys plan to do it. I should be on most of the day unless for when I'm at the gym.

Secret Handshake?
I can help walk you through it later whenever you do the raid. Let me know, I should be on.

finally! =)

B7E6VcjIUAAkAKl.jpg

<3 Destiny
Congrats!!

All the other 331 handcannons with the same impact do 15% more damage. FB doesn't cut it anymore except for NF with burn.

Like others said, its not about straight up 331 vs 300. As long as there's no hand canon with Firefly, Outlaw and 10+ mag, I'm gonna stick with FB
until I get a Hawkmoon
. Saving up for Rapier or hoping for Red Hand with good perks, but until then FB gonna stay in my primary slot. Plus I love the meta game of trying to hit crit shot and then reload, its like doing perfect reload in Gears.

Steroyd

Secret Handshake?

Yes, I was happy till I went to the crucible vendor and it wasn't there. >_<

And the Satriene Rapier is redundant to me because I got a Badger CCL which looks to have the exact same stats and my perk roll is the same with outlaw + firefly.

Baaaaaaah fuck the commendation implementation, hated it day 1, was ignorable until now.

My pride and joy. I really hope we can keep characters while going into Destiny 2, like some progression system. I've became attached to this guy.

Hunter_Level_32.png

Too bad no Explosive Rounds or Outlaw
I'm especially sad for the no Outlaw after having it on my NitC. Can't dream of living without it

A Badger w/ Outlaw/Field Scout/Firefly would probably be my ideal TDB scout rifle. Still trying to find a great TDB hand cannon, probably will just buy the Crucible vendor version if I continue to get 0 HC drops...

I want to try it now with my Titan. Finally hit 32. No Drizzy mind you, but want to learn.

Who am I kidding? I have Gjallahorn. I'll be the guy in the back shooting rockets. Sigh.

I know, right? The GHorn prevents us from taking on any more exciting roles in a team... Always just aim, pull the trigger, and wait for the win. :(

I'm happy to bring my GH if people want to try running the sword. Really helps to have a good shield break team w/ rocket call outs when you are first learning. For example:

Communication is the most OP thing in this game, whether PvE or PvP. It's by far the most important thing for high level play.

Fuck fuck FUCK!

Finally got 150 crucible marks to buy a weapon and... The shotgun I want is vanguard I have 24 crucible commendations and no vanguard commendations, Bungie pls, some way to exchange this shit, I now have to grind vanguard rep.

Yeah same thing happend to me grind grind and then oh you need the other "commendation" i guess its our own fault be come on, there are to many marks, shards, energies, materials whatnot.

Yes, I was happy till I went to the crucible vendor and it wasn't there. >_<

And the Satriene Rapier is redundant to me because I got a Badger CCL which looks to have the exact same stats and my perk roll is the same with outlaw + firefly.

Baaaaaaah fuck the commendation implementation, hated it day 1, was ignorable until now.

I mean, you could have taken off whatever faction class armor you were wearing.... lol. Secret Handshake is great but not a huge deal since FV still rocks faces in Crucible.

Level 28, almost 29. More than willing to help.

Crota's End enemies start at Lv30 and go up to Lv32. As a Lv28 you do 0 damage to Lv32 enemies. Obviously the team could carry you but not a lot of fun for you, try to run Vault of Glass first if you haven't already or at least hit Lv30 before doing CE.

Namikaze1

Vanguard leveling gave me a Void Secret Handshake with Luck in the Chamber, Field Scout, Perfect Balance, Lightweight, and Crowd Control.

Zombine

Banned
Crota's End enemies start at Lv30 and go up to Lv32. As a Lv28 you do 0 damage to Lv32 enemies. Obviously the team could carry you but not a lot of fun for you, try to run Vault of Glass first if you haven't already or at least hit Lv30 before doing CE.

With that said, anyone down for the vault?

Just woke up. Gonna make a video and upload it real quick.

Like u said, the whole thing is already very easy. This cheese just eliminates the risk when trying to kill ir yut. Not really necessáry for flawless tho.

I'm also happy to help on a flawless team if people need more for a fire team. It's so f'ing easy I'd rather have a team full of people who still need the trophy but it also takes so little time that we could do multiple runs rather quickly.

With that said, anyone down for the vault?

Also happy to help with this. If you could at least hit Lv29 you could very easily do hard mode with an experienced team. All enemies in hard VoG are Lv30. Same as CE, a good team can carry just fine but not as fun for new raiders.

Hmm have you done the raid before? I just haven't done the raid with someone below 30 so I wonder if it'll be really difficult at 28. How is your damage output?

Edit: nvm!

I think being two levels under means you do ~50% less and take ~50% more damage. Something like that.

Zombine

Banned
I'm also happy to help on a flawless team if people need more for a fire team. It's so f'ing easy I'd rather have a team full of people who still need the trophy but it also takes so little time that we could do multiple runs rather quickly.

Also happy to help with this. If you could at least hit Lv29 you could very easily do hard mode with an experienced team. All enemies in hard VoG are Lv30. Same as CE, a good team can carry just fine but not as fun for new raiders.

I'm literally a sliver away from 29. I should be able to hit that right now.

I think being two levels under means you do ~50% less and take ~50% more damage. Something like that.
Yes, I am desperate to get that trophy and the plat.

If we could get a team together that would be awesome. I'm in desperate need of running that raid. I've watched all the videos and all that so I'm not going In blind.

Ahh youre a lvl28. welp I believe its somewhere around you will do ~60% less dmg and take ~60 more dmg :p It might be rough as a lvl28.

edit Not sure of the dmg scaling :p

Ahh youre a lvl28. welp I believe its somewhere around you will do ~60% less dmg and take ~60 more dmg :p It might be rough as a lvl28.

Yeah I need to find that reddit thread again. Maybe 1 level down is close to 50% and 2 levels is 60%? Four levels or more means enemies are immune to all damage from you.

Yeah I need to find that reddit thread again. Maybe 1 level down is close to 50% and 2 levels is 60%? Four levels or more means enemies are immune to all damage from you.

No idea honestly :p I was always under the impression it was ~30 decrease in dmg output and a ~30% increase in dmg taken for each level. Either way, as a lvl28 you will be pretty soft and ripe for the Vex to kill.

edit: well I didnt know till recently the relic super causes dmg to the templar and glimmer is shared between all 3 characters haha
It's kind of hard to hit max when nobody wants to raid with you :/
If theres enough people, I will still do the raid with you. Pretty sure Drizzay and I have carried plenty of people through raids before.

It's kind of hard to hit max when nobody wants to raid with you :/

We'll raid with you! People on LFG suck. Lots of people around here remember when it was really hard (and totally RNG dependent) to go from Lv29 to Lv30. They remember the shame and rage they felt, being ostracized as #Forever29 when LFG groups required all Lv30s for hard VoG. NEVER AGAIN. haha

No idea honestly :p I was always under the impression it was ~30 decrease in dmg output and a ~30% increase in dmg taken for each level. Either way, as a lvl28 you will be pretty soft and ripe for the Vex to kill.

edit: well I didnt know till recently the relic super causes dmg to the templar and glimmer is shared between all 3 characters haha

o_O

Yeah, a recent run on hard Templar I actually killed him with the last super to take his shield down. Does maybe 5k+ damage? Not a huge amount but not insignificant.

BokehKing

Banned
The Thorn is insane on PvP I tell you, INSANE.
Love it.

Looks Badass, which shader are you using?
Yup, Thorn is probably my favorite pvp weapon, it's very satisfying

Trying to get into the last word but the hip fire accuracy is just not where I want it to be right now

The Thorn is insane on PvP I tell you, INSANE.
Love it.

Looks Badass, which shader are you using?

Thanks man. I'm using Blacksmith, it was the special shader you get from pre-ordering Call of Duty at gamestop if you were picking up Destiny. I just put 5 dollars down on both, got the shader and sparrow and then put the money towards a strategy guide and bought my game through Amazon.

Zombine

Banned
We'll raid with you! People on LFG suck. Lots of people around here remember when it was really hard (and totally RNG dependent) to go from Lv29 to Lv30. They remember the shame and rage they felt, being ostracized as #Forever29 when LFG groups required all Lv30s for hard VoG. NEVER AGAIN. haha

Awesome! Knowing my luck though when we raid it I'll just get mountains of ass shards.

You don't need to raid to get to 30.

You have no idea how bad my luck is with this game. I don't get purple armor and weapons thrown at me left and right, and I have a hard time getting the shards I need for what purples I am using.

If you ever need to cheese Crota for your last drop, consider lfg. . shit was real quick and easy. Last week for this.

Hey Rubenov sorry I'm trying to knock out Crota on my last character. I'm assuming you are trying to play crucible? I promise I'm down later

Thought people in here might find this interesting. This is what the Speaker didn't have time to tell you.

The Complete Destiny Timeline of Significant Events

*The Traveler, a sentient A.I. arrives in our solar system and begins terraforming planets, The Traveler creates the Vex to aid in the terraforming process

*Humanity makes contact with The Traveler on Mars, beginning the Golden Age

*The Exo are created, based on researching The Traveler

*The Fallen race is encountered during planetary expansion, and are soundly defeated, in large part due to the use of the Exo in the conflict

*The Warminds and an interplanetary defense grid is established to aid in deterring any hostile alien threats

*The now defunct Exo are seeded with consciousness, similar to the Warminds, this was apparently a controversial event

*The Darkness is detected at the edge of our solar system, complete interplanetary defense responses are enacted, triggering The Collapse

*At some point a contingent of The Hive arrive in conjunction with The Darkness, presumable led by Crota in lieu of Oryx

*At some point The Vex are corrupted by The Darkness, transforming planets into machines rather than terraforming them

*Humanity tries to flee from Earth, starting a mass exodus towards the edge of our solar system, what would now become The Reef

*The Traveler releases it's light, shattering and scattering the darkness throughout and away from our solar system. In it's final moments, The Traveler releases probes to begin repopulating humanity. Caught in the wake of the explosion of light, and the rending of darkness, the humans fleeing earth are transformed into what are now The Awoken.

*The Hive, cut off and without The Darkness remain active on the moon, building structures and awaiting the reformation of The Darkness

*The Traveler becomes dormant, losing all functionality as it tries to collect light

*A fragment of The Darkness remains on Mars and drains the light from the traveler as it attempts to reform

*The Vex, either by intention or by chance, find a large fragment of The Darkness on Mars and begin to worship and revere it, as well as use it as a source of power.

*Remnants of The Fallen begin to scavenge and occupy our worlds

*The first Order of Titans stand guard over survivors as they gather beneath The Traveler

*The City is founded

*The Speaker and The Consensus govern and dictate order within the city

*The City endures the Battle of the Six Fronts (a battle against The Fallen)

*The first Order of Hunters is founded

*The Six Coyotes scout beyond the Cosmodrome

*The first Order of Warlocks is founded

*The Vanguard is formed

*An army of Guardians attempts to reclaim the Moon from The Hive, the losses are catastrophic. Either by intent or by Guardians, Crota becomes dormant on the Moon.

*Osiris, a warlock obsessed with The Hive, is held on trail for his potential corruption; an unknown battle ensued

*Osiris is exiled, his fate remains unknown

*The Fallen, united houses, attempt to take the city in the battle of Twilight Gap

*Gjallarhorn is forged

*Future War Cult is granted access to the Tower, they replace a dismantled unknown fraction that existed prior to the Battle of Twilight Gap

*The Crucible is formed, by Lord Shaxx

*Dredgen Yor is corrupted by the darkness, creating Thorn and The Weapons of Sorrow

*Thalor, an undefeated gladiatorial guardian, is killed by Dredgen Yor

*Kabr leads an ill-fated strike team into The Vault of Glass

*Pahanin Errata gives warning and lessons of Kabr, he is later killed by Dredgen Yor at some undisclosed time after the battle of Twilight Gap

*Shin Malphur kills Dredgen Yor

*The Queen of the Reef deposes the Kell of the House of Wolves, assuming control over the Fallen house

*A large number of The Fallen are imprisoned within the "Prison of Elders"

*Toland the Shattered is exiled from the City, due in part to his fascination with the Hive and his experimentation with The Darkness that gives them power

*Eris and her strike team find Toland and use his knowledge of The Hive in an attempt to infiltrate the Temple of Crota and assassinate Crota while he lies dormant on the moon. All are killed, with the exception of Eris, Toland's fate remains unknown

*The Temple of Crota is sealed

*The Vex, having spread throughout the Solar System are at war with The Cabal Empire; a contingent of the Cabal army pursues The Vex to Mars where they set up the Exclusion Zone, in an attempt to secure the Gate to The Black Garden.

*The Exo Stranger and her crew arrive in our present time, presumably from a Vex Gate

ENTER: YOUR GUARDIAN

*The Exo Stranger, having prior knowledge of the events of our time, witnesses the birth of guardians in an effort to find capable guardians whom might aid her attempts to undermine the rise of The Vex

*You activate the Last Array, allowing Rasputin, a Warmind remnant on Earth, to connect to colony installations throughout the system (At least on the Moon, Venus, and Mars).

*You awaken The Hive on the Moon, triggering a resurgence and the opening of the Temple of Crota (potentially this allows Eris to escape)

*You return a shard of The Traveler from The Hive, it was somehow being used to drain The Traveler of its light

*You establish contact with the Awoken, opening up relations between the Queen and The City

*You destroy The Darkness within the Black Garden, allowing The Traveler to draw in light and potentially altering the future

*Eris, having been hidden among The Hive for years, returns to The Tower forewarning of Crota's awakening

*You banish Crota's Soul

*You kill Omnigul, the Will of Crota

Marionberry me if old.

If you ever need to cheese Crota for your last drop, consider lfg. . shit was real quick and easy. Last week for this.

Hey Rubenov sorry I'm trying to knock out Crota on my last character. I'm assuming you are trying to play crucible? I promise I'm down later

Gaf is lactose intolerant! I've heard a lot of horror stories from people who wasted an hour or more with LFG groups who couldn't even cheese properly, haha. It takes 2 swords either way, cheesing or just using Lv32 with a decent team. Crota kills should be 10 minutes or less even with a wipe or two.

I have 197 axiomatic beads... What glimmer cap?

Yep, I've been trying to tell people this for a while.

Top Bottom