• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hoping to knock out this raid fast. My buddy is stopping by after he had a bad breakup and I wanted him to play some Halo 5 beta to relax.

Anyone glimmer farming later tonight? I'm at 9k and I want to be at 25k before Tuesday.

Namikaze1

Haven't been on much this weekend. Need to max out glimmer before Tuesday for upgrades.

Should have bought more exotic shards has I have quite a few exotic weapons ready for upgrading with mats as all the bubbles are filled.
I have 14 shards and I don't know what to do with them. I'm quite picky over what exotic to upgrade. Plus, I'm saving some for House of Wolves.

Today marks the last day of my 3 weeks of paid holidays from work.

I go back to work tomorrow =(

It's been really fun being online and on Gaf more than I usually would be if at work, I made some new friends and had a blast raiding, doing reset runs and waking up for double bounties for Eris.

I'm pumped to start up the Nightfall/Weekly runs again with Deku and Death, and will continue to do reset raid runs with Dhruv, Owl, Auto and more but this Tuesday will be odd due to the patch and such. Let me know if you guys want to do part of the raid on Tuesday at reset or what time works later in the day. I can do reset time or after 5:30pm EST.

Thanks again everyone! You are a great community of guardians!

My post count will likely go up a lot being at work again. Hahaha

I have 14 shards and I don't know what to do with them. I'm quite picky over what exotic to upgrade. Plus, I'm saving some for House of Wolves.

I have 6 and will likely use them all since I have so many exotics ready. I've been focusing on armour more than weapons in the past couple weeks so I used about 5 for armour.

Now focusing on weapons. Icebreaker, Vex, Thorn and Suros await their shard.

I have a Crota checkpoint with my Warlock and I was wondering if somebody with experience would be interested in showing a group how to defeat Crota. I've never finished the complete raid before.

PSN Shokleeto.

If we can get a group of six, we can start immediately.

I can run the sword for you once we get a group going.

Never doing VoG with randoms... Ever, usually I decline, but I said what the hell

People kept dying to stupid shit (They couldn't pass Conflux)
Someone melee killed a fanatic, got cursed, doesn't go to middle, to scared to die...
1 man down I go, "3 left 2 right I'll go right with so and so you three stay to the left", guess what? 2 join my side and 1 person on left gets overwhelmed and dies
3rd wave of conflux, only 3 of us, I tell someone to stay behind cover cause they were right in front blocking the middle conflux with their body while Templar was lobbing bomb after bomb their way

4 wipes later, I quit

How can you be this bad, really meleeing a fanatic and not going to the middle for a cleanse
Not listening
People want Matchmaking Raid LOL

What if raid matchmaking was ranked? It could also be divided into sections (you rematch after each section of the raid if you want to). Each completion ranks you up, individual performance is taken into consideration.

Then you wouldn't have to choose random people of varying quality, you'd consistently have a chance at getting good players versus whoever is randomly on neogaf or r/fireteams.

All of the complaints I have seen about raid matchmaking seem to just be imagining theoretical crappy implementation. There's obviously a need for it or sites like destinylfg and r/fireteams wouldn't exist.

I personally hate having to organize a schedule with 5 other people and don't do the raid nearly as much as I would like to because of it.

Deku Tree

Haven't been on much this weekend. Need to max out glimmer before Tuesday for upgrades.

Should have bought more exotic shards has I have quite a few exotic weapons ready for upgrading with mats as all the bubbles are filled.

Yup I have been upgrading a lot of exotics just up to right before the final bubble. Unless it is one of my regulars like the IB. The damage difference between 321 attack and 331 attack seems minimal except maybe for the hard raid and exotic shards seem like they are not worth spending maybe.

Hoping to knock out this raid fast. My buddy is stopping by after he had a bad breakup and I wanted him to play some Halo 5 beta to relax.

Anyone glimmer farming later tonight? I'm at 9k and I want to be at 25k before Tuesday.

I might be up for some more glimmer farming sometime tonight. For me it's more exp farming with my baby Titan lol. I just go buy heavy synth and put beads in the vault and then go do more exp/glimmer farming Lolz.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh OK, yeah the last few posts made me go WTF is every1 rushing to cap for, forgot Xurbish must have had people upgrading weapons, making them lose chunks of glimmer

Only had Hard Light to upgrade and nothing to upgrade weapon/armor-wise ever again from Xur (thank fuck that is over)

Frostburn

Need a Gatekeepers Glimmer farm badly, too many upgrades this week, spent well over 40k in weapon and armor upgrades and bought the Xur Saint-14 Helm upgrade :(

Namikaze1

Tuesday is gonna be weird for sure.

I'll probably just do Nightfall and Weekly and just wait for the patch to drop before raiding. It's not like I need the exotic chest now.

Oh OK, yeah the last few posts made me go WTF is every1 rushing to cap for, forgot Xurbish must have had people upgrading weapons, making them lose chunks of glimmer

Only had Hard Light to upgrade and nothing to upgrade weapon/armor wise ever again from Xur (thank fuck that is over)

Yeah I have 1 armour piece (Light Beyond Nemesis) and two weapons (Invective and BadJuJu) left. Not much.

I'm really not looking forward to doing this all again in House of Wolves in 8 weeks =\

Is the beta still going? I thought it was over already. But yeah I am down to farm as well later.
Need a Gatekeepers Glimmer farm badly, too many upgrades this week, spent well over 40k in weapon and armor upgrades and bought the Xur Saint-14 Helm upgrade :(
I might have the checkpoint on my hunter? I need to check.

What if raid matchmaking was ranked? It could also be divided into sections (you rematch after each section of the raid if you want to). Each completion ranks you up, individual performance is taken into consideration.

Then you wouldn't have to choose random people of varying quality, you'd consistently have a chance at getting good players versus whoever is randomly on neogaf or r/fireteams.

All of the complaints I have seen about raid matchmaking seem to just be imagining theoretical crappy implementation. There's obviously a need for it or sites like destinylfg and r/fireteams wouldn't exist.

I personally hate having to organize a schedule with 5 other people and don't do the raid nearly as much as I would like to because of it.

Bungie is obviously understaffed on the development side, otherwise much of what we want changed in the game would happen.

My view - let Bungie focus on things that matter, rather than having to come up with this high AI based matchmaking system that somehow magically guarantees you good raid matched players.

Even if they could figure out how to do that, the system probably wouldn't satisfy anyone and most people wouldn't use it or they'd get frustrated with it. Bad players are bad players, and if they get matched up with ANYone, the wipes will be plenty and frustration will be high. So it's wasted development time anyways.

We've already solved how to get into raids with decent counterparts. The solution is in place, right now. It's manual labor but it is the best way to have the best chance at getting a good team with the right experience and right mindset.

Larger vaults and a hundred other things before matchmaking for raids, please Bungie.

GraveRobberX

Yeah I have 1 armour piece (Light Beyond Nemesis) and two weapons (Invective and BadJuJu) left. Not much.

I'm really not looking forward to doing this all again in House of Wolves in 8 weeks =\

I'm stockpiling Destination Materials just for HoW
I'm guessing with Reef Raid either Relic Iron or Spiritbloom will be in demand A LOT!

Deku Tree

Only had Hard Light to upgrade and nothing to upgrade weapon/armor-wise ever again from Xur (thank fuck that is over)

I am waiting for Xur to offer an Invective upgrade but otherwise all my Exotics are now of the 2.0 variety. I never want to do that Invective bounty again lolz.

Jito

Banned
Welp, all that hard work leveling up Eris to level 3 for the Middaye shader and it looks fucking terrible. For the effort it requires to level up Eris, you'd think Bungie would make sure all the rewards are worthwhile. Who wanted a lime green shader?

Namikaze1

I'm really not looking forward to doing this all again in House of Wolves in 8 weeks =
This is why I'm saving my shards. House of Wolves is dropping soon and I barely use most of my exotic weapons/armor. Plus, we have 6 months after HoW is realesed before we see another expansion drop and that's gonna be the big one.

Steroyd

Didn't stop them from making Vex 324 before TDB launched. Wouldn't be surprised to see something similar with the Nechro.

Vex got an attack buff because it's initial nerf with Pvp in mind was too much for PvE, I highly doubt Necrochasm is going to be some defacto Pvp beast.

Welp, all that hard work leveling up Eris to level 3 for the Middaye shader and it looks fucking terrible. For the effort it requires to level up Eris, you'd think Bungie would make sure all the rewards are worthwhile. Who wanted a lime green shader?

You could have previewed it at level 1 to see if you wanted to grind out to get it.

E92 M3

I love that shader!

GraveRobberX

I am waiting for Xur to offer an Invective upgrade but otherwise all my Exotics are now of the 2.0 variety. I never want to do that Invective bounty again lolz.

Invective really?
I have destroyed roughly 4 Invective 331's, 2 I have on me and have 3 more of the same bounties going on each character

Just do the Bounty, it's not that hard
5 Deathless Strikes, 25 k/d ratio in Crucible, 50 ammo packs
I wouldn't waste glimmer + exotic shard on that shit

Namikaze1

I'm stockpiling Destination Materials just for HoW
I'm guessing with Reef Raid either Relic Iron or Spiritbloom will be in demand A LOT!
I'm planning to hit 200 marks and get a few more Crucible Commendations (got 15 Vanguard Commendations) a week or so before HoW is release. As for mats, i have been stockpiling them for a while now.

Anyone need to kill Crota? I can run the sword, but if other people want to try, go ahead :)

1) Shokleeto
2) rawr
3) devilsadvocat631
4) forza_aldi
5)
6)

edit: added forza_aldi

I have a Crota checkpoint with my Warlock and I was wondering if somebody with experience would be interested in showing a group how to defeat Crota. I've never finished the complete raid before.

PSN Shokleeto.

If we can get a group of six, we can start immediately.
If be interested in joining if you need one (not for sword duty, lol).

Hyun Sai

Never doing VoG with randoms... Ever, usually I decline, but I said what the hell

People kept dying to stupid shit (They couldn't pass Conflux)
Someone melee killed a fanatic, got cursed, doesn't go to middle, to scared to die...
1 man down I go, "3 left 2 right I'll go right with so and so you three stay to the left", guess what? 2 join my side and 1 person on left gets overwhelmed and dies
3rd wave of conflux, only 3 of us, I tell someone to stay behind cover cause they were right in front blocking the middle conflux with their body while Templar was lobbing bomb after bomb their way

4 wipes later, I quit

How can you be this bad, really meleeing a fanatic and not going to the middle for a cleanse
Not listening
People want Matchmaking Raid LOL

The worst thing is doing Hard Raid with people who obviously have no experience of the Normal Raid at all. I feared that with every new player being 30+ with standard merchant stuff.

Ditters

Anyone need to kill Crota? I can run the sword, but if other people want to try, go ahead :)

1) Shokleeto
2) rawr
3) devilsadvocat631
4) forza_aldi
5)
6)

edit: added forza_aldi
I would be down to do it with my alt. Only 29 though. But I have loads of experience and maxed out weapons, ice breaker, etc. Ps4 Ditters1

Jito

Banned
You could have previewed it at level 1 to see if you wanted to grind out to get it.

Oh I know, it's more the fact it's a reward from Eris for getting to Rank 3 and it's horrible. Gona keep going to Rank 4 to get a decent one. The Eris grind is insane though, why'd they make it take so long?!

Deku Tree

Invective really?
I have destroyed roughly 4 Invective 331's, 2 I have on me and have 3 more of the same bounties going on each character

Haha yes I'm that bad at Crucible.

ocean

Banned
Vex got an attack buff because it's initial nerf with Pvp in mind was too much for PvE, I highly doubt Necrochasm is going to be some defacto Pvp beast.
They wanted to make the Vex a little OP, which seems fair as it was a low-probability reward from the game's hardest challenge. The unintended result was making it ridiculous for PvP.

Solution? Reduce base impact rating but increase attack stat. That way it's really powerful in PVE without breaking PvP. It's a logical solution and one that would make sense for the "new Vex". With Bungie you never really know - I don't think anyone can come up with a good explanation about why the Vex is currently capped at 324 (less than literally every other Exotic and Legendary in the game).

Is the beta still going? I thought it was over already. But yeah I am down to farm as well later.

I might have the checkpoint on my hunter? I need to check.

From my understanding it is until the 18th, so 1 more week

I might be up for some more glimmer farming sometime tonight. For me it's more exp farming with my baby Titan lol. I just go buy heavy synth and put beads in the vault and then go do more exp/glimmer farming Lolz.

Lol is it easier farming glimmer for heavy or just saving up strange coins. You are dedicated to the grind my friend

Namikaze1

Bungie really needs to drop something during the summer while we wait for Comet. Hopefully they announce something before or during E3 for that period. 6 months is too long of a wait.

Man I am really liking Crucible lately, maybe it's because I get a rare match where I wreck face and feel like a badass.

Anyone need to kill Xyor for the Thorn bounty?

EL CUCO

Invective really?

Lol I wouldn't do it all. IIRC you need to buy 50 special ammo synths. 50x250= 12,500 glimmer. That costs more glimmer than upgrading. I mean...if the weapon was good, then sure. But there are Legendary shotguns like FV, and SH that perform way better.

Tuesday is gonna be weird for sure.

I'll probably just do Nightfall and Weekly and just wait for the patch to drop before raiding. It's not like I need the exotic chest now.

If I read the patch notes right, should we expect the first chest to still drop whatever it dropped before (random exotics) and then have a second crack at that since the drop moves (if the patch drops later in the day)?

That would be kind of cool. Get up early on Tuesday, get the chests for each character, then have that same chance again at death singer.

Top Bottom